PDA

View Full Version : Problems with new glass soda bottles?

BottleBoss
11-01-2005, 08:10 PM
Exactly what makes these new glass coke bottles not work in old coke machines? Can some of our machine experts explain this here? I haven't tried them in my machine yet but I don't see why they won't work. Info please. info..........

drpep
11-01-2005, 09:20 PM
I believe glass is thinner in the new bottles. I read it somewhere (Soda Pop Dreams) I think.

ramonazo
11-01-2005, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by drpep:
I believe glass is thinner in the new bottles. I read it somewhere (Soda Pop Dreams) I think. True... one day I compared the glass of a 12 oz. bottle with a 500 ml glass bottle (see my reply in "Coke in glass" post) and the glass in non returnable bottles are thinner than returnable bottles, also you can compare a 6 oz. returnable bottle with an 8 oz. non-returnable bottle, they look the same but the capacity is different.

[ 11-01-2005, 08:30 PM: Message edited by: Ramón el Coca-Colero ]

Dr. Galaga
11-01-2005, 11:04 PM
I wondered the same thing when this was brought up at SodaMachines.com. Here is the reply from my question - what's the big deal?

There is only a problem if you have a Vendorlator 44 or a Vendo 44. The way the bottles drop out requires that the bottles be a certain size. By being narrower, you put in your coin and 4 or 5 drinks will drop out. They are not taller, they use thinner glass and they have a thinner base than the traditional bottles. When they went to the 8oz bottles to replace the 6 1/2 oz bottles several years ago, they just made the glass thinner but left the bottle OUTSIDE the same size. Jackpot every time!

BottleBoss
11-02-2005, 05:14 PM
Someone will figure out how to do a modification to the machines to fix that I suppose. Isn't the Vendo 44 the one that is being reproduced now a dys though? By wurlitzer maybe?