PDA

View Full Version : New Distributor alert!

JP QuikServ Drinks
11-02-2005, 10:52 PM
greetings one and all, i am a new distributor in long island, and i carry the following beverages:

Rhino Energy Drink
Blue Ox Energ Drink
Pure Gutz Energy Drink
Le Bleu Ultra Pure Water
Olde Philadelphia Gourmet Soda

I also have a full line of gourmet coffees. Does anyone know where a good place to begin would be?

JP QuikServ Drinks
11-02-2005, 10:54 PM
also, one more question, more of a general one, what product that i don't currently carry offers the most VALUE to a business owner? it doesn't have to be an energy drink, anything with a good markup, and i don't need to order several pallets worth.

JP QuikServ Drinks
11-04-2005, 05:46 PM
i guess nobody likes me.

PSOmasterX77
11-04-2005, 06:03 PM
Oooh gourmet soda sounds good. And I'm sure it's not that nobody likes you, they probably just don't know what to say! I'd private message Zabe or something, he seems to be a pro on this kinda stuff.

JP QuikServ Drinks
11-04-2005, 06:03 PM
how do i go about doing that?

DJ HawaiianShirt
11-04-2005, 08:17 PM
Yo JP, welcome to the board.

It's not that no one likes you. Most people here are warm and fun to talk to.

Those drinks you mentioned sound pretty narrowly distributed. I've been around, and the bottled water you mentioned is the only one I've even heard of.

But maybe someone has some opinions.

SEV smile.gif

fusion
11-04-2005, 08:29 PM
Actually, the sodasommelier would probably be a good person to ask as well. He specializes in glass bottled sodas, which is something you'd probably want to look at. Or maybe a line of glass bottled teas?

boodoo
11-04-2005, 10:53 PM
JP,
I am confused. You say that you carry these brands and you need to know where to begin? Did you buy the drinks before you developed a business plan? Need more data my friend.

JP QuikServ Drinks
11-09-2005, 04:44 PM
let me tell you my situation. i buy drinks from the warehouse, who in turn buys directly from the manufacturer. i am essentially the middle man, the man who delivers the product to the retailers. i am already in about 25 stores in only 2 or so weeks, but what i meant was that you guys obvbiously know alot more about the beverage industry then i do, i come from running a video game store.

BATBL18
11-10-2005, 09:21 PM
Can I ask you how you came about going from a video game store, into the beverage industry JP?

JP QuikServ Drinks
11-10-2005, 10:34 PM
you sure can. it was actually a number of reasons.

1) it was always my dream to own my own business, be the maker of my own destiny, blah blah blah. with this in mind, at my video game store job, i was makin a salary. with my business, i work for the money i make. it's mine, rather then working for a corporate juggernaut (GameStop). basically, for self-pride, and the opputurnity to earn a hell of alot more money.

JP QuikServ Drinks
11-10-2005, 10:35 PM
in hindsight, after i posted, i realized i only gave one reason. the other reason is i have always admired the drink industry, realizing i would talk about drinks with my friends and such, and realized i should turn my passion for drinks, combine that with my selling skills, and start my own business.

the saint
11-11-2005, 07:03 AM
The beverage business is a tough business. I want to wish you the best of luck.
Blue Ox was being distributed here by 7UP. Shame on me for not knowing if my competitor is still carrying a brand. I know it was doing well for them while it was running in the $1 a can price range. They had a price increase and all their displays went away and to be honest I haven't noticed if they still carry it in their coolers or not.
One bit of advice for you is, Run away while your back and knees are still functioning properly, haha LOL. Seriously though I would stay away from corporate c-stores and large grocery stores until you have a strong presense in most of the small indie c-stores and grocers, as Pepsi and Coke and Red Bull do not take kindly to new brands coming in and will squeeze you off the shelves and right out of business if they so choose. If you have enough people going into the larger chain c-stores and grocery and start asking about your product they will contact you to bring in your products usually. At that point you will have the stores management on your side rather than Pepsi,coke etc. side and you shouldn't get squeezed out.
Anyways, Best of luck to you. Don't get discouraged it is a tough business as almost everyone expects new products to have a cheap price for them to try (thanks in part to coke and Pepsi). If you are told no today doesn't mean no tomorrow. Keep after it.

[ 11-11-2005, 07:03 AM: Message edited by: the saint ]

JP QuikServ Drinks
11-12-2005, 05:41 PM
great advice. thanks.

Mello Yello Luver
11-13-2005, 12:18 AM
If you can - get your local Coke or Pepsi bottler to distribute your stuff.

[ 11-13-2005, 12:22 AM: Message edited by: Mello Yello Luver ]

manykats
11-13-2005, 02:12 AM
tell me where your selling your drinks and i'll buy some. im from long island
i dont know about the value of the drink but you should carry mello yello soda cant get it anywhere on long island

JP QuikServ Drinks
11-13-2005, 01:00 PM
many, you can contact me thru email, JPQuikServDrinks@aol.com .

mello, how the hell could i get coke or pepsi 2 do that? that's the enemy! thats like sayin, ok i sell my drinks, but hey, let me also help the energy drink juggernaut, red bull.

i certainly hope you were kidding... smile.gif

DJ HawaiianShirt
11-14-2005, 12:18 AM
He wasn't kidding. Many smaller regional sodas are distributed by Coke and Pepsi.

I understand that they're the "enemy", but believe me in saying that there is no way in this world that you can compete with your "enemy".

Coca-cola is in the top 3 most recognizable brands WORLDWIDE. Starving children in 3rd world countries know the name Coca-cola.

Anyway, keep an open mind. Distribution is a tough part of the bevbiz. Piggybacking on someone who knows how to do it already isn't a bad idea, at least for getting a quick start and to hit the ground running.

SEV smile.gif

JP QuikServ Drinks
11-14-2005, 07:30 PM
I admit it's a great idea, but how do i go about doing so?