PDA

View Full Version : Vanilla and Diet Vanilla Coke a gonna in UK

MATHA531
11-03-2005, 06:32 PM
See:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/4405262.stm

Just don't see what they see in diet coke with lemon and diet coke with slime but at least they will now have diet coke cherry...

fusion
11-03-2005, 11:35 PM
I could see it happening here next. Vanilla/Diet Vanilla aren't exactly setting the world on fire anymore.

ramonazo
11-04-2005, 01:23 AM
Please stop this Vanilla Coke massacre!!!

Mexico, Colombia, Venezuela, Japan, India, and now UK and U.S.! who's next, damn it?
What a great soda it was!

[ 11-08-2005, 01:32 AM: Message edited by: Ramón el Coca-Colero ]

MATHA531
11-04-2005, 03:01 PM
They just don't have a bloody clue of what is good and what isn't.

Diet Coke with lemon, you can always just stick a lemon in a diet coke (incidentally can somebody explain why so many bars automatically put a slice of lemon in a diet coke even if you haven't requested it)..

Then there's diet coke with slime, one of the most despicable sodas ever invented.

DVC is gone in the NYC area as far as large bottles are concerned, it is available in some but very limited places in fridge packs and I suspect that given their druthers, it is on borrowed time in the USA too.

Maybe soon Coke Vanila zero?

[ 11-04-2005, 03:57 PM: Message edited by: MATHA531 ]

jblaviback
11-04-2005, 04:49 PM
They better not stop producing it!
I think Vanilla Coke is one of the best soda's the big companies make.

sodablog
11-04-2005, 05:06 PM
I found Pepsi Vanilla to be much better than Vanilla Coke and oftentimes I've found non-maintstream vanilla colas to be better than Coca-Cola's version.

The diet versions of both Vanilla Coke & Pepsi, last I knew, were still with aspartame instead of Splenda, which is bad news to my tastebuds.

MATHA531
11-04-2005, 05:14 PM
So I guess perhaps I am right....coke zero with vanilla is right around the corner, right?

jmyjunk
11-04-2005, 05:25 PM
Pray to the Coke Gods in Atlanta that the DO NOT get rid of Vanilla Coke.
This is one of the best Sodas ever made by them, and I am a loyal fan.

Oh please don't get rid of it. Here in Boulder 2 litres are hard to come by of VC, but fridge packs are still around as are 20oz or VC and DVC.

MATHA531
11-04-2005, 05:28 PM
There seems to be a lot of support for vc and dvc on this board; then why are these imbeciles claiming sales are so flat? And why are they pushing the disgusting diet coke with slime?

ramonazo
11-04-2005, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by MATHA531:
There seems to be a lot of support for vc and dvc on this board; then why are these imbeciles claiming sales are so flat? And why are they pushing the disgusting diet coke with slime? I supported Coca-Cola vainilla here in Mex., I made a lot of calls to my local Coca-Cola bottler begging to not discontinue Coke vainilla... and now is gone :( because of the same claim...

And soon vanilla will be gone in all the world...! Why the best sodas always dissappear?? DAMN! :mad:

I will ALWAYS remember...
http://www.marketing-up.com.mx/imgarticulos/nota1076.jpg

[ 11-04-2005, 09:11 PM: Message edited by: Ramón el Coca-Colero ]

da987
11-06-2005, 11:43 AM
The new Diet Cherry Coke in England will be made with real cherry flavour not artificial, and so will be totally different to the US version.

Mr Zabe
11-06-2005, 11:50 AM
da987,
I look forward to hearing back from you.
I'm sure the new UK version of Diet Cherry Coke will be an improvement. I hope the new version will replace the current US Diet Cherry Coke.
Zabe

MATHA531
11-06-2005, 12:08 PM
Question...

if they use real cherry flavour, will that not add some form of sugar to the diet soda completely contrary to what a diet soda is supposed to have?

RunWithDaLilGuy
11-06-2005, 03:52 PM
matha - i don't see a lot of support for vanilla coke on this board. it's mainly dominated by vaulters and surgeos. plus, there might be 150 soda fans that post regularly on this board, and there's 250million odd people in america...

bottom line is, ask anyone from coke and they'll tell you: the vanilla, diet vanilla and the lemon have tanked. i'd start stocking up now.

MATHA531
11-06-2005, 04:13 PM
Well of course they tanked...they weren't being distributed for a while!

Mr Zabe
11-06-2005, 06:14 PM
LOL
IMO....The Big Three soda pop companies know when they have a big seller or a "sure thing" in the pipe line. Vanilla,lime and lemon coke (regular and diet) were given not only sufficient test markets but regional roll outs.

Customers as by store sales have not supported these flavors. It could these products did not meet expectation or the competition had better products.

I see these flavor brands as Coke taking a risk with new variant flavors that have not met the expectation of their customers. Coke is willing to take the risk on new flavors but not beat a dead dog,if no know what I mean.

I give Coke credit for trying and knowing when to fold them.

[ 11-06-2005, 05:20 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

ramonazo
11-07-2005, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by RunWithDaLilGuy:
matha - i don't see a lot of support for vanilla coke on this board...
:confused:

RWDLG... see my post...

[ 11-06-2005, 11:10 PM: Message edited by: Ramón el Coca-Colero ]

da987
11-07-2005, 04:02 PM
Hey Matha, I think that the natural sugars in fruit are probably a lot different to say cane sugar, or HFCS. Afterall, many people who are on diets do eat more fruit & veg.

Mr Zabe
11-07-2005, 04:26 PM
FYI....Sugars from fruit are basically the same in carbohydrates as sugar cain and HFCS. Note HFCS is sugar derived from corn. So by definition soda pop sweetened with a small amount of sugar from a fruit source could not be low carb or diet.

I'm pretty sure but once again,fellow experts please correct me if I'm wrong.

(Diet & low carb soda pops are sweetened with sweeteners that have no carbs. Diet & low carb soda pops have artificial sweetners and "natural flavors" which are basically man made chmicals.)

[ 11-07-2005, 03:35 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]