PDA

View Full Version : Vanilla Coke is dead..Long Live Black Cherry Vanilla Coke

jmyjunk
11-04-2005, 04:45 PM
As soon as I saw the press release about my beloved Vanilla Coke demise, I went to coke.com to air my displeasure. But wouldn't you know, Coke wasn't going to do us wrong.

[URL=http://www2.coca-cola.com/presscenter/nr_20051104_americas_bcv_coke.html]

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

smile.gif

Mr Zabe
11-04-2005, 05:07 PM
The link does not work. :( :( :(

Is Coke launching Black Cherry Vanilla Coke in the US? If so, I can't wait!!!!! It better have a nice rich black cherry taste. smile.gif

jmyjunk
11-04-2005, 05:12 PM
http://www2.coca-cola.com/presscenter/nr_20051104_americas_bcv_coke.html

Mr Zabe
11-04-2005, 05:15 PM
Thanks for the link.
I hope it gets rolled out faster then Vault.
I look forward to tasting the new flavor.

jmyjunk
11-04-2005, 05:16 PM
Me too, this is a flavor worth waiting for!

Yeah!

MATHA531
11-04-2005, 05:35 PM
They should go to hell...vc and dvc were great drinks and they're failure to market it properly shows they don't have a bloody clue.

MATHA531
11-04-2005, 05:44 PM
But what do you expect from a company that tried to do away with coke in 1985.....they should all go and join the Cuban clown who pulled that stunt in purgatory...and why black cherry vanilla coke...couldn't they have simply done a much more palatable cherry vanilla coke?

They/'re just a bunch of sick people.

DJ HawaiianShirt
11-04-2005, 08:18 PM
Maybe Coke can finally make a flavored cola whose caliber is on par with Pepsi.

SEV :rolleyes:

[ 11-05-2005, 04:06 PM: Message edited by: SnappleElementsVenom ]

fusion
11-04-2005, 08:19 PM
The vanilla taste is just too strong, in my opinion. It clashes way too much with the hfcs. The German version of VC is 100x better than the US version.

Black Cherry Vanilla is due out Jan 2nd. All packages, regular and diet.

SURGE
11-05-2005, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by SnappleElementsVenom:
Maybe Coke can finally make a flavored cola who's caliber is on par with Pepsi.
LOL. You mean like Pepsi Blue?

MATHA531
11-05-2005, 11:35 AM
What's hfcs?

Mr Zabe
11-05-2005, 11:42 AM
High Fructose Corn Syrup

MATHA531
11-05-2005, 11:51 AM
Well that is (or was) not a problem with diet vanilla coke eh!

Mr Zabe
11-05-2005, 12:59 PM
FYI
Since around 1986 (experts please correct me),
the Big 3 soda pop companies (Coke,Pepsi and Dr Pepper) stopped using sugar cain and changed to using all HFCS. Diet soda pop has been sweetened with aspartame up until the introduction of splenda a few years ago. I'm not sure if diet vanilla coke is now sweetened with splenda as I do not drink it.

I know our fellow experts know way more about this than I do. Sorry for the mumblings. smile.gif

DJ HawaiianShirt
11-05-2005, 04:07 PM
Hey don't knock on Pepsi Blue.

But I was more talking about Vanilla, Wild Cherry, Twist, and Lime.

SEV smile.gif

XLS_04
11-05-2005, 05:17 PM
this should be interesting. Black Cherry Vanilla Coca-Cola sounds like it will be good, the name is a bit long though.

As far as them getting rid of Vanilla Coke I think that is a stupid idea because Cherry Coke was not selling well in the late 90s and they did not pull that off the shelves. However in 2002 Cherry Coke got a makeover and is now a big seller. Imagine if they took Cherry Coke away when it was doing bad?

It seems Coke is doing something Pepsi would do. Coke never stops producing products all at once, yet Pepsi has a history of doing it.

sodablog
11-05-2005, 05:50 PM
http://www.cocacollection.com/collectables_news/images/20051105082313.jpg

ramonazo
11-06-2005, 01:20 AM
I hope they taste good... and I hope to find them in January 2006 in Vegas...

[ 11-08-2005, 01:06 AM: Message edited by: Ramón el Coca-Colero ]

billygtexas
11-06-2005, 06:09 AM
Looks interesting!

As for the diet black cherry - I hope instead of using Diet Coke they use Coke Zero instead for Black Cherry's base soda. I was never impressed with any of the "Diet Coke with..." because none of the extra flavors covered up DC's hideous aftertaste.

[ 11-06-2005, 06:14 AM: Message edited by: billygtexas ]

Mr Zabe
11-06-2005, 07:50 AM
MrB
I agree with you. I would like to see it made with Coke Zero and let the Black Cherry flavor really have a strong presence. I would like it to taste as Black Cherry Coke and NOT Coke Black Cherry. IMO that's why Coke's flavors miss the spot for me. If I wanted a Coke or Diet Coke tasting soda pop then I would buy it that way.

I guess flavored soda pops can't be all to all people. smile.gif

pepsidew
11-06-2005, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by Mr Zabe:
MrB
I agree with you. I would like to see it made with Coke Zero and let the Black Cherry flavor really have a strong presence. I would like it to taste as Black Cherry Coke and NOT Coke Black Cherry. IMO that's why Coke's flavors miss the spot for me. If I wanted a Coke or Diet Coke tasting soda pop then I would buy it that way.

I guess flavored soda pops can't be all to all people. smile.gif true, thats why i like pepsi vanilla, because to me it tastes more like vanilla then pepsi - i'm not a huge fan of regular pepsi.

ramonazo
11-06-2005, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by pepsidew:
thats why i like pepsi vanilla, because to me it tastes more like vanilla then pepsi - i'm not a huge fan of regular pepsi. I'm agree with you...

Mr Zabe
11-07-2005, 06:32 AM
On Wall Street Journal's early one hour national radio show,they basically reported from the Coca Cola press release regarding the future of Vanilla regular/diet and diet lemon coke. The said by the 1st of the year these flavors will be "shelved".

The radio cast then went on to say that Black Cherry Vanilla Coke will be launched in the near future?? (Not so sure on the date.)

So it appears that the media is reporting the facts. I just hope the roll out for the new flavor goes smooth. I'm not in the mood to go on a scavenger like hunt to BUY a mass produced product. (Still venting over not having Vault. smile.gif )

PS. Just a thought(serious LOL). We might get a nice round of price wars as Cherry Vanilla Dr. Pepper attempts to maintain market share.

I can't tell you why but my gut tells me Black Cherry Vanilla Coke will be awesome.

[ 11-07-2005, 06:46 AM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

ramonazo
11-07-2005, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by Mr Zabe:
The radio cast then went on to say that Black Cherry Vanilla Coke will be launched in the near future?? (Not so sure on the date.)

I can't tell you why but my gut tells me Black Cherry Vanilla Coke will be awesome.
The Coca-Cola Company website says that those flavors will be launched on January, I hope to try them... Launch them on January 10!... PLEASE!!! :D

If BCV Coca-Cola taste like Cherry Vanilla Dr. Pepper... I think it will be awesome too! tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif

[ 11-07-2005, 05:31 PM: Message edited by: Ramón el Coca-Colero ]

ramonazo
11-07-2005, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by fusion:
The German version of VC is 100x better than the US version.

Black Cherry Vanilla is due out Jan 2nd. All packages, regular and diet. And the Mexican VC was 100% better too!!

WEEE! :D :D :D I will have the chance to try BCV Coca-Cola in Jan.!!!...

[ 11-07-2005, 11:55 PM: Message edited by: Ramón el Coca-Colero ]

fusion
11-10-2005, 03:52 PM
BCV is good. The big turnoff, for me, with Vanilla Coke was the overpowering fake vanilla taste. They've fixed that. The black cherry taste is the minor flavor, but you can taste it.

It's a winner - but only time will tell if the public accepts it. I also think it will be lost in the shuffle once the big Vault push comes the month after.

ramonazo
11-10-2005, 04:48 PM
BCV is good. The big turnoff, for me, with Vanilla Coke was the overpowering fake vanilla taste.Fusion, you should tried the mexican Coca-Cola vainilla, this one had a real vanilla flavor, it was delicious! tongue.gif

[ 11-10-2005, 04:49 PM: Message edited by: Ramón el Coca-Colero ]

jblaviback
11-18-2005, 03:23 PM
Lately I have been drinking alot of vanilla coke because I know the end is coming, and quite frankly I cannot see why the end is coming. I think it tastes great. I know some of you guys think it has an unnatural vanilla flavor, even if it does I like how it tastes. This is really bad news, I am glad that they are coming out with the new black cherry vanilla but why cant they keep them both around? :(

MATHA531
11-18-2005, 04:10 PM
Because they are a buncgh of imbeciles who don't have a bloody clue.

jmyjunk
11-18-2005, 05:07 PM
jblaviback,

I hear you. Vanilla Coke is a fine product. Popular enough to have a demand for a diet version, not the other way around/ a la Coke with Lime (imo is an inferior product)
R.i.p Vanilla Coke, you will be missed.

[ 11-18-2005, 05:08 PM: Message edited by: jmyjunk ]

MATHA531
11-18-2005, 05:17 PM
Here is what I don't understand...as the coke distributor in nyc was systematically trying to kill of diet vanilla coke, I kept asking the manager at my supermarket what was going on. He told me he had no choice in products, he got what they wanted to give him. I thought he could ask for a certain mixture of products, he told me not so. Really I didn't believe him.

But then our ditributor in nyc decided totally on its own apparently that it would no longer market dvc and dcc (diet cherry) in larger bottle (1.5 or 2) and I wrote to coke in Atlanta and they told me this was a decision of the local bottler so how could the distribution figures of the product not suffer if they were not providing product where it was wanted and then did not product it in the most economical sizes.

None of it makes sense to me...vc and dvc were excellent products and had very large markets. What the hell is the sense of coming out with diet coke with splenda and coke zero....different formulas with similar sweeteners? And why black cherry vanilla...why not cherry vanilla...and what did they ever see in diet coke with lemon..anybody could drop a lemon into a diet coke if it was necessary at next to no cost...a hell of a lot cheaper than putting vnilla syrup or diet vanilla syrup into a coke...and of course diet coke with lime is undrinkable.

As I said, they didn't give the product a chance...they have idiots making these decisions who just don't have a bloody clue.

mjb1124
11-18-2005, 05:28 PM
Vanilla Coke and Diet Vanilla Coke are being dropped because they're not selling well, plain and simple. And your opinion on Diet Coke w/ Lime being undrinkable is irrelevant because it's just that - an opinion. It's selling well, so people obviously like it.

[ 11-18-2005, 05:29 PM: Message edited by: mikibacsi1124 ]

jmyjunk
11-18-2005, 06:00 PM
mikibacsi1124,

If they are not selling well, what about Pibb xtra, or Coke with Lime, or Cherry Coke for that matter. I would love to see numbers that would support this.
Vanilla Coke had good market penetration for some time, showing up in many fountain soda machines, soda can machines, 2 litres and so forth.
Yes, I am sad that is going, and know it is a buisness, but I would like to see how Vanilla Coke stacked up against the rest of the coke line up.

[ 11-18-2005, 06:01 PM: Message edited by: jmyjunk ]

MATHA531
11-18-2005, 06:15 PM
Also mikibacsi1124...

You missed the point. If one of the largest distributors was not allowing its distributees to carry the product and then stopped providing it in economical sizes, how would you expect it to sell.

I would bet it was doing well in many areas of the country and it is a moronic decision without any question and they should be ashamed of themselves for screwing so many of their customers.

Mr Nethead
11-18-2005, 06:42 PM
I've purchased five 12 packs of Vanilla Coke. I'll probably buy more. I think it's fresh stuff because the expiration date is something like June or July 06. If I can get good prices I may buy 15-20 12 packs. (If I can find that many!)

I really like the stuff. I think I'll probably like BCVC as well, but not as much as VC. It's kind of like the Dr Pepper situation. I really loved Red Fusion but they replaced that with CVDP. I like CVDP a lot, but I thought RF was much better. I'd get cravings for it.

The soda industry can be so disappointing sometimes.

Incidentally, I remember reading in one article that Coke might bring back VC eventually. Are there enough fans of the product to give it the kind of push Surge got? It doesn't really seem like many people from this board will miss it.

Personally I think Coke should setup an 0nline store that specializes in rare otherwise out-of-print soda. They could sell Surge, Citra, Vanilla Coke and many other sodas that have gone the way of the dodo bird. It would take just one bottler. And judging by the fanatics 0nline, I think sales would be high.

the saint
11-19-2005, 06:29 AM
Coke stteing up a website in theory would be a good thing, same would go for Pepsi and Cadbury as well BUT, just because people gripe about not being able to get doesn't mean that they will pay the premium price that it would be to buy it. I think most people just like to gripe that they cannot buy "X" soda anymore. I could be wrong maybe the companys would make even more millions a year by doing so. More than likely the case cost would be astronomical then add shipping on top of that, most won't pay for it.

Mr Nethead
11-19-2005, 11:11 AM
Some people would. Expired Surge was selling for huge amounts of money. And we're talking about EXPIRED soda. Maybe they wouldn't sell huge amounts on such websites, but they would have the benefit of selling to the entire United States.

Personally, I think they could sell it for $6 or $7 per 12 pack. That's about double the retail price of soda in my area. It's true that most people would cringe at the shipping price. There's no cheap way to ship beverages. Still, if there's any company that could negotiate the best possible shipping costs, it's the big three soda makers.

Eh... it'll never happen. But it's fun to think about. tongue.gif

fusion
11-23-2005, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by MATHA531:

As I said, they didn't give the product a chance...they have idiots making these decisions who just don't have a bloody clue. I dunno.. I think diet VC was given a chance -- it just didn't do that well near the end.

But I think you will be pleasantly surprised with diet Black Cherry Vanilla. I hear it's quite good (I've only sampled the regular).

MATHA531
11-23-2005, 10:41 PM
My problem with it remains the same...the supermarket I frequent told me when they asked to be shipped dvc, they were told they would not provide it in the NYC area so of course the sales of the product went down......

ramonazo
12-13-2005, 12:06 AM
BTW, talking about discontinued products, I recently noticed something here in my town...

Coca-Cola Citra is gone... :(

At least, it's still on sale Coca-Cola Citra Light in 310 ml cans from Spacio Leve's Lineup, but I liked better the 600 ml bottle, more at the same price...

fusion
12-18-2005, 08:10 AM
We are all out of Vanilla and Diet Vanilla in 2L/12pk... 2 weeks until Black Cherry Vanilla is released.

MATHA531
12-18-2005, 08:26 AM
What a pity for all of us.

popologist
12-18-2005, 09:12 AM
i won't miss vanilla or lemon cokes. i thought they were awful.

this cherry vanilla stuff might be better though, since cherry coke is decent, and that cherry vanilla dr pepper is pretty good too.

ramonazo
12-19-2005, 05:05 PM
We are all out of Vanilla and Diet Vanilla in 2L/12pk...:´(

[ 12-19-2005, 05:05 PM: Message edited by: Ramón Coca-Colero ]

PepsiBlue
12-20-2005, 11:46 PM
From the news section of salute to soda
"Pepsi, following in the path of Coke, has announced plans for Cherry Vanilla Swirl Pepsi. More details to follow"
Swirl? damn you pepsi, I bet they are gonna discontinue Pepsi Vanilla now.

ramonazo
12-20-2005, 11:52 PM
Right, Pepsi, if you do that DAMMMNNN YOU!!!! :mad:

[ 12-20-2005, 11:52 PM: Message edited by: Ramón Coca-Colero ]

Irishpepsi04
12-30-2005, 03:34 PM
The vanilla taste is just too strong, in my opinion. It clashes way too much with the hfcs. The German version of VC is 100x better than the US version.

Black Cherry Vanilla is due out Jan 2nd. All packages, regular and diet. Looks like the Wilsonville OR (VJ)Coke plant released it early. I saw Black Cherry Vanilla Coke at a c-store in Fife (near Tacoma) last night, and also at another c-store. I plan to give it a try next week.

Also around here I seem to notice Cherry Vanilla DP had a date of 11/21/05 as of today, wonder if it's preparing for the release of a next flavor of DP?

jmyjunk
12-30-2005, 05:34 PM
I am hoping that Denver Coca Cola release it early. I have yet to see it.
But I won't wait a week to try it ;)

RunWithDaLilGuy
12-30-2005, 08:28 PM
vanilla coke is being shipped into michigan from plant CN - cincinatti, assuming it's still a bigger hit here than down there, we'll be the ones to get rid of it? either way there's plenty stocked up.

Acheron
12-31-2005, 01:40 AM
We have billboards for it around here now, but the product itself has yet to arrive.

popologist
12-31-2005, 06:28 AM
isn't it "coca-cola black cherry vanilla"?

popologist
12-31-2005, 06:31 AM
i wonder if they'll make a "coca-cola black cherry vanilla zero"? LOL! smile.gif

stonedwookie
01-19-2006, 10:53 PM
well im pretty sure they are still making vanilla coke here in australia but im not sure if it tastes the same.

DJ HawaiianShirt
01-19-2006, 10:55 PM
Doesn't Pepsi fear that consumers might see it as a company trying to be like Coke? I'm sure that's the last thing they want. But they're not doing anything to help their image.

SEV :(

ramonazo
01-19-2006, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by stonedwookie:
well im pretty sure they are still making vanilla coke here in australia but im not sure if it tastes the same. I envy you... tongue.gif

Synchronicitysix
01-20-2006, 11:11 AM
Just found what looks like the last 2 liter of Vanilla Coke in my local grocery store yesterday, It was a little scratched up and dusty, but a good find. It will add to my collection of about 8 12 packs I managed to collect before it went away.

Yzzerdd
01-20-2006, 10:51 PM
Does anyone have a recipe for homemade vanilla coke?

ramonazo
01-21-2006, 01:33 AM
Maybe a Coke float made with vanilla ice cream can be a good substitute!

[ 01-21-2006, 04:27 PM: Message edited by: Ramón Coca-Colero ]

greg
01-23-2006, 12:55 PM
I am drinking a Diet Black Cherry Vanilla right now.

In my opinion: too much Vanilla, not enough Cherry.
I'll stick with DCVDP
g

AzRocks
01-23-2006, 07:33 PM
im thinking of the flavor thingys they have in 7-11's a while ago a saw a vanilla syrup and i though "if they ever get rid of vanilla coke im gfoing to use that"- havent had achance to get it yet though.

Also, my local grocery store is having on sale a 3 for 2.00 deal of 20 oz BCVC and DBCVC

Also, for the first time in a long time I saw a 2 L bottle of something that is not Coke, DC, Sprite, Diet Sprite or ginger ale! Everything else here in NYC is in 1.5 L bottle. I havent seen a 1.5 L bottle of BCVC yet, but i did see a couple of 2 L BCVC!

fusion
01-23-2006, 11:28 PM
You can also get vanilla syrup. They sell it near the coffee in grocery stores. Some coffee places also sell it.

Torani and DaVinci are the two main brand names that I am familiar with.

jstylzz
01-24-2006, 08:18 PM
You can also get vanilla syrup. They sell it near the coffee in grocery stores. Some coffee places also sell it.

Torani and DaVinci are the two main brand names that I am familiar with. Torani is good stuff. We always used to put it in coke and diet coke before they did it for us. One word to the wise: use in moderation! You can always add more, and too much will turn your stomach to the taste (personal experience!)

stonedwookie
01-25-2006, 10:31 PM
hey do you reacon its worth selling some vanilla coke on ebay?
they still produce it here in australia i think i will have to go check if the stores have some left.

xJABBERWOCKx
01-27-2006, 04:32 PM
I enjoyed the bevnet review of black cherry vanilla coke. Nice to see their snarky humor is back. I'd still try it if I saw it, probably.

popologist
01-27-2006, 08:31 PM
did anyone else notice that bevnet gave the black cherry vanilla flavors a bad review?

xJABBERWOCKx
01-27-2006, 09:21 PM
Despite my conscience whispering that Coke is an evil corporation, I just walked to the local supermarket in hopes of purchasing a bottle to sample. Much to my dismay, it was nowhere to be found. I saw a commercial for it on American Idol, so I thought it would have hit the mainstream market. I guess Charles Grigsby (former "idol" contestant who used to work at the very supermarket I went to) isn't doing his job.

ramonazo
01-27-2006, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by xJABBERWOCKx:
Despite my conscience whispering that Coke is an evil corporationDude... you should better stop reading "La Jornada" newspaper :D LOL

[ 01-27-2006, 11:04 PM: Message edited by: Ramón Coca-Colero ]

Mr Nethead
01-27-2006, 11:12 PM
Has Bevnet ever given any Coke product a good review?

If the Bevnet crew had been around in the late 1800s they probably would've give Coca-Cola a bad review too.

XLS_04
01-28-2006, 01:56 AM
well i'm not surprised about the review, anyone that is not into beverages as much as us basically says the same thing about it.

in all honesty it is not a bad flavor but it is NOT a better product than vanilla coke.

this product will most likely get light ads in the beginning and then you wont see ads for it after a few months.

coca-cola's main interest is coke zero, you know when they really want a product to take off because you see ads for it everywhere and get tired of it. that is not the case with black cherry vanilla coke.

big companies like Coke don't care what people like us think because we are such a small population of their business.

[ 01-28-2006, 01:58 AM: Message edited by: XLS_04 ]

pepsidew
01-28-2006, 09:37 AM
the coke company around here still has vanilla coke - they must have some packaging to burn up

SodaAddict
01-29-2006, 06:56 AM
Originally posted by XLS_04:
well i'm not surprised about the review, anyone that is not into beverages as much as us basically says the same thing about it.

in all honesty it is not a bad flavor but it is NOT a better product than vanilla coke.

this product will most likely get light ads in the beginning and then you wont see ads for it after a few months.

coca-cola's main interest is coke zero, you know when they really want a product to take off because you see ads for it everywhere and get tired of it. that is not the case with black cherry vanilla coke.

big companies like Coke don't care what people like us think because we are such a small population of their business. There are many coke and PEPSI lovers. I used to like Coke more but now I like Pepsi more.

killjoy
02-14-2006, 06:41 PM
CAN SOMEONE WHO HAD INSIDE INFORMATION ABOUT THE VANILLA COKE CRISIS (YES, I SAID CRISIS) HELP ME! I AM A DEVOTED COKE DRINKER, AND HAVE BEEN SINCE I WAS A TEENAGER. WHEN VANILLA COKE 1ST CAME OUT -- I TRIED IT -- AND I WAS INSTANTANEOUSLY HOOKED! I RECENTLY DISCOVERED THAT THERE WAS NONE TO BE FOUND ON STORE SHELVES ANYWHERE! THEN, I FIND THAT IT'S BEEN DISCONTINUED??? WITH VANILLA COKE'S SUCCESS, I SIMPLY CANNOT BELIEVE THAT THEY WOULD DO THAT! PLEASE, IF ANYONE CAN ENLIGHTEN ME TO WHAT IS GOING ON...I WOULD APPRECIATE IT. (I HAVE THREE CHILLED VANILLA COKES IN THE 'FRIDGE, AND I NEED HELP NOOOOOOOOOOOW!!!!!) Please write to me at Donnie0088@yahoo.com

CStoreCatMan
02-14-2006, 06:45 PM
Killjoy...sorry to burst your bubble, but Vanilla Coke's "success" turned into a steady decline (as did Pepsi Vanilla). There have been many threads on here talking about VC...but it seems that it has been replaced with Black Cherry Vanilla for the time being...

Mr Zabe
02-14-2006, 07:35 PM
That's the facts jack. LOL
Your not alone in your suffering.
(Not me,but I do understand.)

IMT (In MY Taste).... BCVC is a solid A list soda pop.

ramonazo
02-14-2006, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by killjoy:
CAN SOMEONE WHO HAD INSIDE INFORMATION ABOUT THE VANILLA COKE CRISIS (YES, I SAID CRISIS) HELP ME! I AM A DEVOTED COKE DRINKER, AND HAVE BEEN SINCE I WAS A TEENAGER. WHEN VANILLA COKE 1ST CAME OUT -- I TRIED IT -- AND I WAS INSTANTANEOUSLY HOOKED! I RECENTLY DISCOVERED THAT THERE WAS NONE TO BE FOUND ON STORE SHELVES ANYWHERE! THEN, I FIND THAT IT'S BEEN DISCONTINUED??? WITH VANILLA COKE'S SUCCESS, I SIMPLY CANNOT BELIEVE THAT THEY WOULD DO THAT! PLEASE, IF ANYONE CAN ENLIGHTEN ME TO WHAT IS GOING ON...I WOULD APPRECIATE IT. (I HAVE THREE CHILLED VANILLA COKES IN THE 'FRIDGE, AND I NEED HELP NOOOOOOOOOOOW!!!!!) Please write to me at Donnie0088@yahoo.com Welcome to my world... :(

MATHA531
02-14-2006, 08:05 PM
What's going on?

The morons running coca cola did not think vc and dvc were selling well enough (of course not when bottlers such as cce (NY) just decided not to carry the product in large bottles (at least the diet version) and somehow they decided the garbage they put out called bcvc is a substitute.

Give me a break.

XLS_04
02-15-2006, 12:10 AM
Make sure you call their 1-800 number and complain and also do not forget to contact your local bottler so they can pass the news to the main Coca-Cola headquaters.

I agree this was not a good idea and Black Cherry Vanilla Coca-Cola is not a bad beverage it is far from great and was not good enough to replace something that atleast had a demand for many years before it was introduced.

Basically this Black Cherry Vanilla Coke is a Cherry Vanilla Dr. Pepper copy cat and not as good. Plus there was not demand for it before it was released either.

[ 02-15-2006, 12:10 AM: Message edited by: XLS_04 ]

golee1
02-15-2006, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by MATHA531:
What's going on?

The morons running coca cola did not think vc and dvc were selling well enough (of course not when bottlers such as cce (NY) just decided not to carry the product in large bottles (at least the diet version) and somehow they decided the garbage they put out called bcvc is a substitute.

Give me a break. Not to be a dick, but how long are you going to be crying about 2 liter or 1.5 liter DIet Vanilla Coke being discontinued in your area? If it was selling well, the bottler wouldn't have dropped the package. Just like if Diet Vanilla or regular Vanilla were selling well in general, they wouldn't have been discontinued either. When it gets to the point where you're dumping as much of a package as you are selling, the bottler has no choice but to discontinue. I know here we couldn't give Diet Vanilla 2 liters away, so away it went (probably long before it was gone in your area). I'm not trying to hurt anyone's feelings but it gets real old to hear people complain when they can't get their favorite flavor in a certain package. People have stopped me in stores complaining about package availability in everything from Diet w/Splenda to C2. Bottlers exist in this world to make a profit, not to cater to every single person's wants and needs. The end.

ramonazo
02-15-2006, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by golee1:
When it gets to the point where you're dumping as much of a package as you are selling, the bottler has no choice but to discontinue. That's the exact same reason that my local bottlers gave me when Coca-Cola vainilla started to disappear...

ramonazo
02-18-2006, 06:13 PM
I was goofing around searching photos in Flickr (http://www.flickr.com) about Coca-Cola... I saw this pic... and a tear came out of my eye.

http://static.flickr.com/39/101171093_38476654b0.jpg