PDA

View Full Version : Coca-Cola Blak Coming in 2006?

Cokeologist
11-05-2005, 11:02 PM
Buried in the article on this page:

http://www.csnews.com/csn/cat_management/pack_bev/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1001181088

"...bottlers said they got a taste of Coca-Cola Blak, a carbonated coffee cola, and Dasani Sensations, flavored sparkling water. Both are set to launch next year. The company plans to package Coca-Cola Blak in an 8-ounce glass bottle shaped like an old-fashioned Coke bottle. The bottle will be black and have gold writing, according to materials distributed to bottlers at the meeting."

Any pics of the bottle or other news about Coca-Cola Blak, anyone?

sodablog
11-05-2005, 11:25 PM
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a312/sodablog/blak.jpg

Mr Zabe
11-06-2005, 01:57 AM
An 8oz bottle of a coffee drink seems some what lame. Just by association with Coca Cola and other soft drink companies, I have been brain washed into consuming super sized drinks. If I really like this new beverage being frugal I may not buy it. I can't afford to pay 3 to 4 dollars for two servings.

I would rather see Coca Cola Blac be marketed along with the Soda Pops in 16.9oz bottles and fridge packs for at a dollar or so above the soda pops in these sizes.

I believe launching this product in the Coffee drink catagory is a very ambitious move on Coca Cola's part. Just my two cents.

[ 11-06-2005, 01:03 AM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

Robot
11-06-2005, 05:56 AM
getting sick of pepsi/coke trying to move product into odd packaging and charge more.

i think blak and mdx would find alot more success in fridge packs at the same price..

DJ HawaiianShirt
11-06-2005, 02:54 PM
Awesome.

SEV :cool:

wonkapete
11-07-2005, 05:55 PM
I got one of these cans\bottles last week. The packaging is awesome... it's an aluminum bottle with a crown top..

Cokeologist
11-08-2005, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by wonkapete:
I got one of these cans\bottles last week. The packaging is awesome... it's an aluminum bottle with a crown top.. The article referenced above states that Coca-Cola Blak will be packaged in a black 8-ounce glass bottle shaped like an old-fashioned Coke bottle, with gold writing. Anyone have a pic of this bottle?

clshier
02-24-2006, 12:18 PM
Just got back from France. The product is Awesome. It is packaged two ways. One is a gold can the typical size and shape of other energy drinks, sold in vending machines for 1.60euro. The other is a metal bottle shape, as some one else has already posted - with a non-screw-top (so you need a bottle opener) and sold for roughly 1 euro in supermarkets.

The product has 2x coca-cola caffeine, and must be declared when boarding a plane as an explosive (just kidding).

I brought back 8 bottles, and can't wait for it to go on the marked in USA.

Mr Zabe
02-24-2006, 01:07 PM
Like always I love to try new things. smile.gif
I hope it's drinkable.

Say how does it taste? Was there enough sweetness and smoothness to it's taste?

clshier
02-24-2006, 01:50 PM
Sure, tastes more like carbonated coffee than coke. Real smooth, no mid-carb taste. The French like their coffee strong, but it suited my NorthAmerican taste just fine.

Unlike many of the flavored beverages, that simply taste like an additive, this tastes truly like an infusion of real coffee ... just as advertized.

I came across it in the vending machine at the Paris train station (Montparnasse) first. The ad-space on the machine is promoting it, so I gave it a try.... I would like the bottle to be larger though, to 20oz.

.... maybe I should sell a bottle on ebay ...

Mr Zabe
02-24-2006, 02:52 PM
Cool
Thanks for the review. smile.gif

CStoreCatMan
02-24-2006, 03:22 PM
A few things about Blak. I tried it and found it to be "interesting." Not necessarily good, bad, whatever...just different. Also, to Zabe's point, I think its VERY ambitious of Coke to play this product in the coffee category. I honestly don't think it stands a chance sitting next to Frappuccino, Doubleshot, etc...but we'll see what happens. Also, in the US, it is an 8oz GLASS bottle that is shrink wrapped with the label you see. The cap is plastic and resealable. It will be very interesting to see what happens with this product after the launch in April. I predict it will not be back in account planograms for 2007...

CStoreCatMan
02-24-2006, 03:24 PM
BTW...Pepsi's Mazagran was way before my time...however, some of the folks I know that tried Blak said it tastes exactly the same.

jmyjunk
02-24-2006, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by clshier:
Sure, tastes more like carbonated coffee than coke. Real smooth, no mid-carb taste. The French like their coffee strong, but it suited my NorthAmerican taste just fine.

Unlike many of the flavored beverages, that simply taste like an additive, this tastes truly like an infusion of real coffee ... just as advertized.

I came across it in the vending machine at the Paris train station (Montparnasse) first. The ad-space on the machine is promoting it, so I gave it a try.... I would like the bottle to be larger though, to 20oz.

.... maybe I should sell a bottle on ebay ... I am going on record here, and I will say that what ever flavor that Coke Blak is in France, it will not be the same flavor once it rolls out here. It will be changed (for better/probably worse) to "American taste"

DMC
02-27-2006, 02:10 PM
Blak will be released here in April. I've had it, and it's alright. i can't really judge it, because i'm not a coffee drinker.

ramonazo
03-01-2006, 06:44 PM
According to some media, Coke Blak will be announced during the 2006 Academy Awards along with Diet Coke and Tab Energy...

Ram0n C0keah0lic
03-03-2006, 04:38 PM
Here it is! Before its release in the Oscars night, here it is the Coca-Cola Blak commercial... this ad looks like a teaser...

See Coke Blak Commercial HERE! (http://mfile.akamai.com/332/wmv/cocacola.download.akamai.com/332/announce/_media/TV/us_KOCB6513_engl_300.asx)

http://announce.coca-cola.com/coke_tm/images/coke-blak-pic.gif

[ 03-03-2006, 03:40 PM: Message edited by: Ramón Coca-Colero ]

01GTB
03-03-2006, 10:49 PM
Quick question, and completely off topic. Ramón, I noticed you became "unregistered" and now you are back as member. What happened there.

Nick Laugher
03-03-2006, 10:56 PM
It's explained in another topic somewhere, something about an error in the board.

Anyone have a picture of the can version?

Ram0n C0keah0lic
03-04-2006, 12:39 AM
Originally posted by 01GTB:
Quick question, and completely off topic. Ramón, I noticed you became "unregistered" and now you are back as member. What happened there. Unfortunately when happened an error in the bevboard, I logged out and when the bevboard was corrected I wanted to enter my login name and my password in the login section, after I entered both, a message appeared saying that my password was incorrect, after a few minutes, I noticed that I appeared as unregistered in the recent posts, and when I wanted to enter again my login name and password, appeared a message that said that my account doesn't exist, so I decided to register again... and sadly this screwed my post count and my avatar.

Check my Help me Pleeease... (http://www.bevnet.com/bevboard/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=15;t=000625) topic in the Free for all to see more, unfortunately, Andy had the same problem too...

Back to the topic... what do you think of the ad... Coke blak as a movie star walking in the red carpet... :D

[ 03-03-2006, 11:50 PM: Message edited by: Ramón Coca-Colero ]

CCE Girlie
03-04-2006, 01:00 AM
Coke Blak will have a 15sec teaser commerical during the Oscars!