PDA

View Full Version : Mtn. Dew Clothing Line, Can they milk a few more $ out of us?

SURGE
01-02-2003, 10:25 PM
Well Pepsi and their licensors have finally really crossed the line with their profit greedy brainwashing techniques. Just today I spotted an entire clothing line graced by Dew. They appear to be cheaply made over priced extream sport apparel. They show the Dew logo on the tags both on the back of the neck as well has a small tag on the clothing. This just seems so sad a dumb that people might actually buy this crap. I mean sure Pepsi has one winning brand here but seriously do you see a 7up or Dr. Pepper clothing line? how about Coke, or Nilla Coke? I mean this is the lame kinda thing i expect outta Red Bull but as usually Pepsi suprises me. Geez!

Shatter
01-03-2003, 03:04 AM
Coke merchandises their name a lot, too. They know that there's a lot of Coke collectors out there, so they crank out loads of crap with the Coke ribbon logo on it. I went into one of those 50's nostalgia stores in a mall a few months ago, and it looked like one third of the store had the Coca-Cola logo on it. Pepsi doesn't have that kind of draw. But they try anyway, with junk like Mt. Dew clothes. It'll fail, so don't worry. They'll learn their lesson.

T.I.A.
01-03-2003, 04:11 AM
To say there's not a 7-UP clothing line isn't quite accurate.

A couple of years I saw the "Make Seven.... Up Yours" shirts everywhere. Maybe it's not a whole line of clothing, but it still got to be pretty grating.

Ron Swedelson
01-03-2003, 03:43 PM
Yeah, the Make 7 UP yours was on some clothes, but that is because it was a short lived catch phrase for people. If Mt. Dew has its clothing line and sticks to just extreme sports grear, then ok, I don't have a huge problem with that. If you go to buy almost any Mexican Soccer Jersey, there are most times beer logos on it. Why, its just part of the sport.

SURGE
01-03-2003, 10:37 PM
The whole "Make 7up yours" thing was stupid but I think this just eclipses it. I mean sure they had t-shirts but they were mostly promotional and only a few losers bought them online or whatever. Coke sells trinkets and stuff but they are just sorta here and there. This is a whole line including t-shirts, over shirts, parts, shorts, hats, ect. These arnt promo, they are for real. They are pricy too, these arnt cheap.