PDA

View Full Version : Naked Juice

Goldmember
01-04-2003, 11:01 PM
Anyone out there distribute Naked Juice?? I have an opportunity to pick up the brand for our territory and am interested in how it is selling in other regions.

We are a small distributor that has no experience in the perishable juice business. Im just wondering if it is worth our time and money if we were to invest in the means to make it happen (ie. a pricey walk-in in our warehouse, buybacks of expired product, refridgerated trucks etc.).

It seems like a great juice that would complement our current product mix.

Additionally, I have concerns about butting heads with Odwalla/Fresh Samantha. How does Naked do vs. these other companies?? I know Odwalla is a monster, but our guys have great relationships with our customers and I think we can do some damage against them.

S3
01-05-2003, 01:06 AM
I am acquainted with a distributor in Las Vegas who sold Naked. As he puts it, he built the business in Las Vegas, and helped Naked find distributors in Phoenix and Albuquerque. Once they got the business big enough, Naked came in and took over the distribution with no buy out on the contract.

Moral of the story, either get a contract into perpetuity with a buyout clause, or be prepared to build their business until they are ready to take it away from you.

T.I.A.
01-05-2003, 03:56 AM
I have no idea about distributors, but here in central VA I have only seen Naked Juice in grocery stores while Fresh Samantha/Odwalla is sold in grocery stores as well as several restaurants and other establishments (health food stores, convenience stores, etc.)

I generally don't like the Smoothie drinks, so I have never tried Naked. I carry Fresh Samantha at my store and do like a few of the flavors. The Naked juices just look un-appealing to me, and the price is horribly high. Something like 3.50 per bottle in grocery stores.

ResQ Rob
01-06-2003, 03:50 PM
I think the naked OJ is way better than Odwalla, but the rest of their drinks fall a bit short in comparison. Their superfood is OK, Naked super protein has way more protein than Odwalla, but tastes a bit more questionable. Not sure about Carrot juices.
Rob