PDA

View Full Version : What do you collect?

dr pepperman
04-12-2001, 10:20 PM
Just curious, what beverage items, if any do you collect?
I collect Dr Pepper stuff that I can afford, cans and bottles of Dr Pepper imitations and everything to do with Dr Pepper racing.

------------------
PEPPER UP AT 10,2 and 4.
I am not affiliated with any beverage company!!!
Frosty Man, Frosty.

FitzgeraldHead
04-12-2001, 11:00 PM
I collect cans and bottles that are different or one's i like and find interesting. I'm not really looking to get my hands on every single bottle i can, but I enjoy collecting. My collection is pretty small at the moment (just 324 bottles/cans right now). As far as other things, not really. I have a couple of nostalgic signs too (Red Rock and Nehi)(also a 3 stooges one). That's about it for now. I also have an odd obsession with taking new quartes out of circulation(I also have around 200 or 300 of those).

sodasommelier
04-13-2001, 12:01 AM
I collect bottle caps! I collect crown caps (the type you pry off). I have over 4,300,000 caps from over 165 countries and territories (some places that no longer exist).

Pry'em off and save them for me; I'll surely appreciate it.

And by the way, this is a major incentive for me to dislike cans and plastic!!!! How do you think I got into the bev biz anyway?!?

------------------
Always remember... Don't follow the can drinkers to the chicken bone recycling bin!

boodoo
04-13-2001, 08:25 AM
It seems like all I collect are aches and pains! I used to work for a local Coke bottler and have some items from the past. I like the original stuff vs. the new "nostalgic" items. I once had to clean out an old building we were selling and found Coca-Cola 6' metal signs (still in the box with wax paper between them). I have been told that they are from the 40's as they have yellow in the color scheme. I also have a few of the 6.5oz coca-cola bottles with mix-matched crowns on them (Schlitz, Bud and one with Pepsi!) and a few of the Tab curvy figure bottles.

sodasommelier
04-14-2001, 05:39 PM
Cool, man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

------------------
Always remember... Don't follow the can drinkers to the chicken bone recycling bin!

Pibb_thug
04-14-2001, 06:21 PM
I collect anything related to Mr. PiBB such as POS advertising, stickers, bottles, cans, t-shirts, caps, vending inserts, toys, clocks, signs, etc. Also collect Mello Yello items.

----------------
Enjoy Mr. PiBB... Smooth And Easy, It Goes Down Good.

[This message has been edited by Pibb_thug (edited 04-14-2001).]

Pibb_thug
04-14-2001, 06:26 PM
Hey dr pepperman, what Dr Pepper imitations do you have? I have about 32 different ones mostly in cans.

----------------

PhillyCoke
04-15-2001, 11:29 PM
Pibb_Thug... Interested in a set of Mello Yello suspenders? http://www.bevnet.com//bevboard/smile.gif

boodoo
04-16-2001, 08:46 AM
Hey Pibb_thug,
I still have my Mr. Pibb "Oscar" style trophy holding a star (and the silver dollar that goes with it) that was awarded to sales reps during one of the "re-launches" back in the 80's. Wonder what it would go for on e-bay?

PeaceKitty
04-16-2001, 04:30 PM
I'm a wanna-be Dr Pepper and imitations collector. I haven't actually managed to accure too much....yet.

I did pick up a hand made hmm...wall decoration?? of Dr. Thunder
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=575341676&r=0&t=0&showTutorial=0&ed=986612282&indexURL=0&rd=1 It was just...so useless i had to buy it http://www.bevnet.com//bevboard/smile.gif I'll probably hang it on my wall.....Which i'm sure will bring my father new a new level of being annoyed.

Pibb_thug
04-16-2001, 10:22 PM
Hey boodoo, why don't don't you put it up on ebay and I will probably bid. Very interesting item!

Dr. Milo G. Jensen
04-16-2001, 11:37 PM
Not that this has anything remotely to do with your thread, or for that matter, BevNet as a whole, but I'd like to use this space for a different question:

What is your position on welfare reform? Do you have faith that George W. Bush will do the right thing with regard to this issue? Why or why not?

Milo

the saint
04-17-2001, 02:19 PM
Now that sounds like a beverage I would like to purchase, welfare reform..does that come in bottles or cans??? Take your politics elsewhere

bo
04-17-2001, 03:34 PM
Rest assured saint the bottle vs. can issue has more passion than mere welfare reform on the BB!

fjackie
04-17-2001, 10:30 PM
I'm all for welfare reform so it can get you a job and off the Bevnet.

dr pepperman
04-17-2001, 10:32 PM
Pibb_thug, I have about 30. I'll post some of them when I not so tired.

------------------
PEPPER UP AT 10,2 and 4.
Frosty Man, Frosty.

dr pepperman
04-19-2001, 08:27 PM
Okay here are some imitations I have.
1. Dr Shasta
2. Food Club's Dr WOW
3. Albertson's Dr A+
4. Food Lion's Dr Perky
5. Adirondack's Dr Radical
6. Sav A Lot's Dr Pop
7. Preffered Selection Dr Right
8. Price Chopper's (NY state) Dr Sparkle
9. Dr IGA
10.Clover Valley Dr Topper
11.Giant Eagle's Mr Ahh
12.Lowes Foods Dr Sparkle
13.Shurfine International's Dr Dazzle
14. Western Family Shurfine's Dr Fine
15. Top's Dr Tops
16.Smith's Dr Smith
17. Smiths First Choice Dr Wild
18.Best Yet Dr Best
19.Rocky Top Dr Topper
20.Safeway's
Plus about 8 others

Goto www.drpep.com (http://www.drpep.com) click links and there will be links to several Dr Pepper imitation sites. Each site also has a link to the other sites.

------------------
PEPPER UP AT 10,2 and 4.
Frosty Man, Frosty.

Pibb_thug
04-20-2001, 02:34 AM
I have:

Dr A+
Dr Chek
Dr Best
Dr Hy-top
Dr Shasta
Doc Shasta
Dr Wild (2 different brands)
Dr Riffic
Dr Star
Dr Stripes
Dr Becker
Dr Parker
Dr Pop
Dr R
Dr S
Dr Slice
Dr Wells
Dr Perky
Dr Joes
Dr K
Real Dr
Dr Rush
Dr West
Dr Rocket
Dr Choice
Country Doctor

and about 5 others.

---------------

[This message has been edited by Pibb_thug (edited 04-20-2001).]

dr pepperman
04-20-2001, 06:56 PM
I find that most of the Dr Pepper imitations I have tried taste more like Mr Pibb than Dr Pepper. I don't mean this as an insult to Pibb.

------------------
PEPPER UP AT 10,2 and 4.
Frosty Man, Frosty.

Pibb_thug
04-21-2001, 04:30 PM
Maybe but I don't think any of the imitations can compare to either Mr. Pibb or Dr Pepper. I haven't really tried that many though.

dr pepperman
04-21-2001, 10:17 PM
I agree. I have had 2 copies that taste good even if they don't come close, the rest are yuck.

------------------
PEPPER UP AT 10,2 and 4.
Frosty Man, Frosty.

Fixx
04-22-2001, 06:52 PM
I collect coffee mugs with sky lines on them.
I like my various types of coffee and I like to drink that coffee from a mug from a city that I have visited.
Currently, I have over 45 mugs from various cities/states.

The rule to being able to buy a mug is,
you must have been in the city at least 24 hours and the mug must have the sky line with the city name on it.

Later.

sodasommelier
04-27-2001, 02:33 AM
Hey... PibbThug didn't mention Doctor Whatever from Journey! It's actually a very delicious beverage! It doesn't taste "exactly" like Dr Pepper but it's really good. It tastes like Dr Pepper in a brewed "draft" form would taste. When my brother graduated from medical school I gave him a bottle of Doctor Whatever as a joke gift. He drank it and told me it wasn't bad at all!

Oh, and Fixx... I don't drink coffee but I love to taste all of the beverages in the places to which I travel. Hey, have you ever had BORGNINE'S COFFEE SODA? It comes in a brown longneck bottle and there's a picture of a coffee mug on the label. It's made by Ernest Borgnine (Mc Hale)'s daughter and it's not bad at all! It probably wouldn't fit your collection but it's worth a taste!!!

------------------

Lepke
05-20-2006, 01:02 AM
I collect energy drink cans.

I stopped actively collecting around 1 year an a half ago because with all the drinks coming out it just got out of hand.

Ram0n C0keah0lic
05-20-2006, 02:31 AM
I collect....

Coca-Cola cans
Coca-Cola bottles
Coca-Cola print ads
Coca-Cola ads I see on the internet (that almost screw up last thursday)
Coca-Cola collectibles
Coca-Cola annual reports
Coca-Cola books
and I used to collect Coca-Cola TV ads, but I screwed my Beta VCR because of that :D

[ 05-20-2006, 01:32 AM: Message edited by: Ramón Cokeaholic ]

sodadood
05-20-2006, 03:20 PM
Ramon - do you have a photo of your Mexican Coke cans/bottles that you could post for us? Would be cool to see something different!

Ram0n C0keah0lic
05-20-2006, 05:06 PM
If I have the chance of getting a digicam, I'll post it... smile.gif

ithastabeshasta
05-20-2006, 05:31 PM
Ask my wife and she'll tell you I collect to many things. As for Soda related I collect Shasta cans (over 1000 different), soda cone top cans, Minnesota soda cans, Sun Rise items, match books with soda advertising a few bottles and other things I like. Check out my web page (http://www.canconnection.com) to see a few things from my collection

da987
05-21-2006, 05:50 AM
I collect standard international Coca-Cola bottles, I have about 250 at the moment. I'm not interested in commemorative ones, but i do have about 30 different wrapped bottles.

I also (used to) collect Coke cans, but I am now in the process of selling them, as my wife wants to turn my Coke room in to a dining room. Although I am going to keep the rarer cans and all of my English ones. I have Diamond cans from The USA, England, & Australia, and I have 9 different plastic cans including the standard 4 that were released in the USA, 3 prototypes from the USA, and 2 test market ones from England.

I also collect 100th anniversary items from Coke's centennial in 1986.

http://members.aol.com/da987/plasticcans01.jpg
http://members.aol.com/da987/plasticcans02.jpg
http://members.aol.com/da987/100th.jpg

Tone
05-24-2006, 08:33 PM
i have a un opend rc cola can they gave away in 1987 at a New York Mets Game to commerate them winning the World Seris in 86. I also have a set of 6 Unopened Shaquille Oneil Glass Bottle Pepsi's, Each wit a diffrent word on them to commerate him breaking 8 diffrent records as a rookie.

Tone
05-24-2006, 08:34 PM
The Shaq Bottles are from 1992 by the way.

[ 05-24-2006, 07:35 PM: Message edited by: Tone ]

Ram0n C0keah0lic
05-24-2006, 09:56 PM
da987, now open a shelf for the 120th anniversary collectibles :D