PDA

View Full Version : Aquafina at BK

No Soda
11-07-2005, 09:52 PM
I've seen Aquafina water being sold in 500-mL bottles at several Burger King outlets. Since BK serves Coke products in their fountains, why aren't they selling Dasani?

fusion
11-07-2005, 09:59 PM
Different contract. I remember a press release when the deal was signed. BK wanted to sell the #1 water... or something to that effect.

BK also used to sell Tropicana orange juice, and now they have Minute Maid.

SamC
11-09-2005, 08:15 PM
The long story is pretty long.

KO pushed this "Frozen Coke" idea on BK. Had all kinds of data on how the product increased business.

Turns out that the data was faked by KO middle managers, eager to make a sale. Big lawsuit, lots of $$.

So BK, which oldtimers will remember had a blockbuster marriage and then a spectacular divorce from Pepsi in the 80s, signed with Aquafina, as a "warning shot" across the bow of KO.

Look for BK, now privatly owned, to return to the Pepsi fold when their KO contract runs out.

Mr Zabe
11-09-2005, 08:24 PM
It's funny but when BK had the Coke contract for the first frozen coke product, the quality of the product was poor and inconsistent.

The Icee product now sold at BK is outstanding.
I have gone to 5 different BK stores and the product was consistent and tasted the same.

I think Coke really dropped the ball on the original contract with BK.

Moons ago, I was in charge of managing a large office supply account for a 300 person office. The vendor I worked with was screwing up here and there. It was nice to see a change in this suppler when he learned I went and contacted a copier paper supplier who was a full dollar lower per case than my current conrtact price. My current vendor lost over $80,000 per year in business but he made sure to "kiss my ass" to keep the remanimg business.

[ 11-09-2005, 08:54 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

No Soda
11-09-2005, 09:08 PM
Very interesting info...it'd be neat to see Pepsi at BK again. Thanks for the replies, folks.