PDA

View Full Version : new pepsi sets at meijer stores

RunWithDaLilGuy
11-09-2005, 10:49 AM
meijer: Michigan, IL, KY, OH, IN www.meijer.com (http://www.meijer.com)

pepsi bottling group is doing a new style of sets at meijer stores in michigan:

starting on the left, you have pepsi, mountain dew, vernors and then the random stuff, mug, twisters...then it goes into tropicanas, lite tropicanas and then back up to diet mug, diet vernors, diet dew, diet pepsi...

it's really hard to visualize it as the middle just gets so messed up. overall, a lot of people think it looks terrible.

pepsi seems to really be pushing their diet line in general, with diet specific wingstacks, racks and displays.

Mr Zabe
11-09-2005, 11:17 AM
Very interesting. It appears Pepsi is trying to make a statement that it's diet flavors stand together strong. I'm a firm believer in subliminal seduction in even the most Minor marketing ploys. I believe that consumers pick up on these small changes in shelf order; in regard or regardless of facings and pack out requirments that would suit the pop companies.

[ 11-09-2005, 10:18 AM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

DJ HawaiianShirt
11-09-2005, 02:27 PM
I'm so cynical that I try to deny the existence of such ploys. I also refuse to believe that such subtle tactics might make a difference in sales.

But hey, if Pepsi can correlate this change with rising numbers, more power to them.

SEV redface.gif

the saint
11-09-2005, 04:53 PM
The new sets are/will be nationwide as I have a whole folder of pics that I need to reset stores to. Pepsi has this grand idea that since diet brands are growing at a higher percentage than reg sodas that Pepsi needs to cut back on reg sodas to expand the diet sodas. Hogwash I say but I gotta do what the boss man says.

Dr. Galaga
11-09-2005, 06:20 PM
Am I supposed to see something on the Meijer page? All I see is turkey and a video about apples!?

fusion
11-09-2005, 06:34 PM
I think he included the link so if you wanted to find a little more out about Meijer.

You can also look at their ads on-line. Sometimes I'll do that to see what sales are running in different parts of the country.

[ 11-09-2005, 05:34 PM: Message edited by: fusion ]

RunWithDaLilGuy
11-09-2005, 07:05 PM
exactly, fusion. a lot of people don't know about regional stores so i included it merely as a reference.

meijer is dominant here, at least in my life. wal-mart's making a big push into michigan though. in three years, every meijer store will have a wal-mart within 3 miles of it.

drpep
11-10-2005, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by fusion:
Sometimes I'll do that to see what sales are running in different parts of the country. Try www.sundaysaver.com (http://www.sundaysaver.com)

Mr Zabe
11-10-2005, 11:34 AM
Sundaysaver rocks!!!!
I lurk there a few times a week.
It has an amazing selection of national grocery store internet weekly sales adds.

fusion
11-21-2005, 08:59 PM
This thread reminded me of something.

We're now building our displays with sugars one on side, and diets on the other. Coke and Diet Coke in the middle, and then the other flavors on the outside.