PDA

View Full Version : coke zero gets a bigger push

RunWithDaLilGuy
11-09-2005, 10:51 AM
coke zero is getting a bigger push in michigan as diet with splenda and C2 continue to sit on shelves...

latest package is the 8pk 12oz PET package. they are shipping them into michigan from st. louis.

seems to be doing well at a regular price of 2.99 at meijer stores. i bought one. i love these stupid little plastic bottles.

Mr Zabe
11-09-2005, 11:24 AM
LOL
It sounds like my guess from a few months ago appears to be holding true. Coke Zero is catching on quiet well.

By the way, I go through my plactic bottle binges too. I still like the good old 12oz can.

karks88
11-09-2005, 05:28 PM
Maybe Coke's new marketing is working? Those first ads for Coke Zero wouldn't really clue the general public in as to what the product was.

ramonazo
11-09-2005, 05:54 PM
I hope to find it in January too!!

fusion
11-09-2005, 06:35 PM
I was actually shocked to see fridgepacks of C2 in a store here in Delaware today (from Philadelphia Coke).

XLS_04
11-10-2005, 02:05 AM
Coke is PUSHING Coke zero because they don't want another C2 situation. It does not mean it is doing well, it is what Coke is concentrating more on to get buyers. That is why it is in the Mc Donald's fountain machines as soon as it came out. It is basically being pushed down our throats because Coke believes they have a winner.

Mr Zabe
11-10-2005, 03:12 AM
My two cents.

I can only speak about the near north Chicago market. Aside for the national Coke Zero TV adds and a few rare magazine adds, at the store level (approx. 6 to 7 stores from Wal-marts to Jewel/Dominicks) I do not feel Coke Zero is being
"shoved down my throat."

When I visit these stores, I do not see large end cap displays of Coke Zero. I do not see larger than average facings of Coke Zero. I do not see Coke Zero deeply discounted when the rest of the Coke products are not on sale.

I DO see people buying Coke Zero. I DO see shelves that have been shopped by customers.

At lest in one of the more progressive soda pop markets (Big Three); I have yet to see Coke Zero on any fast food fountains.

In my humble opinion the powers to be at Coca Cola at least in the near north Chicago market have done quiet the opposite of "pushing down our" throats of Coke Zero. My sense is that Coke Zero has gained increased sales due to consumer demand for a product that is superior to other low cal/diet colas.

[ 11-10-2005, 02:16 AM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

drpep
11-10-2005, 11:28 AM
Paul Stanley or Gene Simmons from Kiss drinks Coke Zero. I saw a photo of one of them(forgot who) in US (gotta read something while waiting for the office to do end of day balance)pushing a cart of grocerys with 2 12 packs of Zero.

[ 11-10-2005, 10:28 AM: Message edited by: drpep ]

fusion
11-10-2005, 04:49 PM
Zabe, I'm surprised you don't see more of it. We were just recently told that it it mandatory in all coolers, displays, etc.

The 8pks do really well for us.

ramonazo
11-10-2005, 05:59 PM
It's good to see that Coke zero is doing well! Finally the people is realizing that Coke zero is real Coca-Cola taste with no calories, I hope Coca-Cola zero to continue doing well, and I hope to find it in the beginning of 2006!

BTW, one question, C2 is still on sale, available in few stores or is completely gone?

[ 11-10-2005, 05:35 PM: Message edited by: Ramón el Coca-Colero ]

DJ HawaiianShirt
11-10-2005, 06:59 PM
I'm all for reclosable containers(ie, bottles) in smaller amounts than 20oz. Gimme some options!

SEV smile.gif

Mr Zabe
11-10-2005, 08:30 PM
Fusion,
I guess what I should have said is that Coke Zero is getting no more and in my opinion slightly less exposure in the stores that I go to.

There on average one cooler with 4 facings of Coke Zero out of 16 available total facings.

Displays of Coke 12 pks have in general 1 facing out of 6 total facings.

My point is that in my area Coke Zero is not getting pushed. It is getting average facings.

It's not a ghost but it is not highly slotted as of yet. IMO It does seem, yes I spy on my fellow shoppers LOL, that people are buying Coke Zero in multiples (12pks) to me that indicates that people have put Coke Zero as a go to A list soda pop.

[ 11-10-2005, 07:34 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

fusion
11-10-2005, 08:46 PM
1 facing is sufficent. The brand is being represented. The key is that it is on the display.

mjb1124
11-11-2005, 12:59 AM
I hope Coke Zero starts showing up at McDonald's fountains in my area soon.

RunWithDaLilGuy
11-13-2005, 11:31 PM
coke zero is being positioned in grocery store coolers between the cherry coke and the vault here. in the "hip" row.