PDA

View Full Version : Cheerwine in Texas

DPDude
05-04-2004, 01:40 AM
I couldn't believe it when I ran across 12packs of Cheerwine in Temple, TX. I didn't know that it was available this far from the Carolinas. Has it gone nationwide now?

fusion
05-04-2004, 05:31 PM
No, they added distributors in Texas and a few other states last year.

Cheerwine territory map (http://www.cheerwine.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=About.Territory)

Shatter
05-06-2004, 04:23 AM
There's Cheerwine in Temple, TX? Freakin' sweet! I'll probably be going to Austin this summer. I went last year, and I stopped in Temple to look for Nehi. I didn't find it, but I did find Cherry RC and Imperial Sugar Dr Pepper. And other stuff in Austin, like Ol' Bob Miller's Prickly Pear Cactus Cooler. I hope to find some of that next time i'm in the area. And looking at that Cheerwine map, I see that they're in the Lake Charles, LA area. Hopefully at some point i'll be down that way this summer too.

[ 05-06-2004, 04:25 AM: Message edited by: Shatter ]

boodoo
05-06-2004, 03:21 PM
Hey Shatter,

The Albertson's at I-20 and Carrier may still have some Cheerwine 12oz glass bottles. It should be in the cold case by the Bawls.

Shatter
05-07-2004, 12:04 AM
Nope, I check there every once in a while. They haven't had any in a while. I thought maybe not carrying them anymore was a cost saving measure for Albertson's stores. I know they're not doing too well financially. I talk to the Dr Pepper vendor that stocks the store, and he tells me about all the problems they're having. I'm waiting for H-E-B to buy out most of the DFW locations.