PDA

View Full Version : homemade soft drink problems

delphi999
01-10-2003, 09:39 PM
I have a little problem and I figured maybe someone on here would be able to help me out.

This has to do with home-made carbonated soft drinks not made with yeast. Mainly I'm just making a mess and I'm looking for a cleaner way of doing this.

You have a few things: Syrup, carbonated water, sweetener. When I pour the carbonated water into the syrup, it overflows.

Can anyone offer some advice? Or recommend where I can find out about this?

karks88
01-11-2003, 01:46 PM
Hi there! I recently did a little column on my website about my experiences in making my own SURGE soda:

http://karks.com/surge/eric_syrup.html

It shows what I used, how much I used, ect. Hope it helps!

assclown
01-27-2003, 07:30 PM
Pour the syrup into the carbonated water...

Shatter
01-28-2003, 12:37 AM
Um...... soft drinks made with yeast? What kind of sodas are made with yeast?

xfile
03-01-2003, 02:32 PM
It has been awhile since I've posted anything on this site; but here goes. Yeast was the primary agent for producing carbonation when soft drinks were first made at home. It was not until "forced carbonation" was introduced that the yeast method was rendered primarily obsolete. There are a number of sites on the web that can help you out. Remember, the truth is out there...it's just not always easy to find!

shawn2
03-01-2003, 11:04 PM
Beers-- Root and Ginger (Bundaberg is a good example) I think That 22 oz Root beer that Soda is always hyping is also yeasted.