PDA

View Full Version : expiration on cans

mickstafa
05-06-2004, 12:11 AM
Ok, I'm sure this has been asked before, but I'm too lazy to go and look through old threads for the answer. What happens if you drink a soda that is, say, a year past its expiration date on the can? Would I get sick? Would I contract a rare disease? Or would it just not be guaranteed to taste as well as it once did? I've got a big batch of Mello Yello Melon I have left over from when it used to be easy to find in the south east, and while I want to save some of it for nostalgic reasons, it'd be a shame to let it all go to waste without enjoying most of it. Thanks for the info in advance.

karks88
05-06-2004, 09:41 AM
I've had soda that has been expired for several months and never got sick. This is always a big question with the SURGE fans I know because they "newest" cans available are usually from 2001 or 2002. Personally, I wouldn't drink anything over 2 years but that's just me. Supposedly all that really happens is that the flavor disappears after awhile but I'd have to think if you had something that was like 5 years old it couldn't be too healthy.

mickstafa
05-06-2004, 10:31 AM
Last year I had a Coke II that was a few years old and nothing ever happened....