PDA

View Full Version : Dole Smoothers

T.I.A.
01-16-2003, 03:39 AM
My local Pepsi distributor brought by some samples today... Dole Smoothers.

Came in a 10 oz glass bottle, pretty cool actually. It's supposed to be some kind of smoothie. The texture was thicker than regular juice, but was nothing like you would expect from Fresh Samantha or a similar smoothie. Taste was OK, not bad, not great, a little artificial.

There are three flavors, strawberry (Strawberry Fields), citrus and tropical (can't remember the actual name, though they're not Beatles songs). I tried the strawberry and citrus. The distributor said the tropical was his favorite, which probably explains why he didn't have any samples of that left. smile.gif

I knew I wasn't going to carry it, so I didn't ask about price info. Sweetened with corn syrup, 30% juice.

For the strawberry flavor they stole the name of one of the smoothies from Liquid, a local vegetarian restaurant If you're ever in C-Ville, try out their smoothies.

fusion
01-16-2003, 04:17 AM
I tried the strawberry a few weeks ago. Thought it was one of the most horrid fruit-based drinks I've had in a long time.

FIZZMAN
01-16-2003, 12:25 PM
Pepsi has had those up here for about 7 months. they came out at 1.49 a bottle. a couple months after they went to .99 a bottle cause they didn't sell worth a crap. Now everywhere I go they are outdated by a couple of months. My advice, if you own or manage a store don't waste your time with these, they only take up good shelf space! Maybe people remember Whipper Snapple, that was a huge success for the first year, but since the price was so high (1.19-1.49 for a 10oz.) it was shortly lived. In my opinion, Whipper Snapple had some very good flavors unlike that of Dole's Smoothies.

T.I.A.
01-16-2003, 09:28 PM
7 months? Just further proof that I lived in a beverage wasteland...