PDA

View Full Version : Tahitian Treat in diet?

MooseGuy
05-11-2004, 03:07 PM
OK,..here's one for the experts out there. Has anyone ever heard of or seen these two products?

Diet Mello Yello or Diet Tahitian treat?

Didn't know if they ever or currently come in a diet variety.

Tahitian Treat is a Canada Dry product correct?

I remember drinking Tahitian treat as a little kid and loving it! Also remember a strange product called "Jamaica Cola". Not sure what made it Jamaican or if I was just imagining this in a dream."

teamtitan512
05-11-2004, 07:24 PM
Diet Mello Yello is real. Consolidated used to produce it, now all I believe that does is CCE Knoxville, meaning the only place to find it is from Cleveland, TN.

Cheer-wined
05-11-2004, 11:35 PM
Durham Coca-Cola makes diet Mello Yello in 20oz and 2L's. Sanford Coca-Cola distributes both packages in their territory. They're both indy Coke bottlers located in North Carolina.

I've never heard of a diet version of Tahitian Treat in the USA. Canada Dry owns the brand, maybe they have had a diet version in Canada.

Jamaica Cola was Canada Dry's cola brand in the 70's. Canada Dry had an earlier cola brand named Spur which was more popular.

sandwalker
05-12-2004, 11:26 AM
Don't know about Diet Tahitian treat but I finally bought a 2-liter Diet Mello Yello in Sanford the other day to try it. I must say it was pretty good. On par with Diet Sundrop i'd say.

So why does Diet Mountain Dew taste so bad if these two can actually do it right?

RunWithDaLilGuy
05-12-2004, 05:53 PM
i like diet dew. it works for me.

i highly doubt there's a diet tahitian treat.

MooseGuy
05-12-2004, 06:38 PM
Thanks for the input guys. Man, there really needs to be a site where one can order these restricted products in the event that we don't live where they are being distributed!!!

Yeah,..I live in Memphis TN,..but was raised in rochester NY. Being so close to Canada, Canada Dry was big!!! I must say that I loved Tahitian Treat and did drink Jamaica Cola. Just wished they mad TTreat with splenda for us calorie watchers.

td

fusion
05-13-2004, 09:15 PM
If I remember correctly, doesn't Diet Mello Yello have Ace-K in it? I think that would help eliminate some of the diet taste that the drink otherwise would have.

I personally thought it didn't have a lot of taste when I bought a 20oz of it in Durham territory last year.