PDA

View Full Version : Your worst taste experience ever with a soda....

MooseGuy
05-11-2004, 02:18 PM
Just thought it would be funny to hear some folks experience of the absolute worst tasting soda that they have ever had the displeasure of tasting in their lifetime!

I would have to say that CelRay soda had to be the absolute worse tasting drink I have ever tried. I literally did the "TV sitcom spitout" of the beverage after one small swig from the can. I would have loved to have been at the taste testing of that beverage at the companies product meeting back when it was first introduced. I would have wanted to see who gave it the thumbs up and have them immediately tested for a heartbeat!

I love celery as a rule,..really I do,..but as a carbonated beverage?! What were they thinking?

Also not far from the list was a Jones Soda that I tried while on the road to Alabama. I believe it was supposed to be a melon flavor or something,...but it nearly caused a wreck as I swerved off the road in agony and shock!!!

Shatter
05-15-2004, 03:53 AM
#3 - Moxie. It tasted like a cola run through a car's crank case. Rank.

#2 - Dad's Creamy Red Soda. Tasted like Big Red, filtered through a mummy. Ick.

#1 - First Tee Plantation Peach Ice Tea. It's not actually a soda, but it's the worst drink i've ever had by far. I like peach iced tea, but it tasted like it was made with Satan's bath water. Once the flavor registered in my brain, I immediately spit it out and rinsed out my mouth. I've never had a reaction that strong to a drink before or since.

Runners up are Afri-Cola (tasted like muddy water), Sanpellegrino Chinotto (like an Italian Moxie), Bundaberg Lemon Lime and Bitters (emphasis on bitter), and Reed's Regular Strength Ginger Ale (Regular strength? Could have fooled me......)

Cheer-wined
05-15-2004, 10:43 AM
I’ve tried some pretty awful stuff overseas but most of those probably wouldn’t be considered sodas. The US brands which gave me some memorable heaves...

Faygo diet Coconut cream pie. This was one of those “gee, that sounds interesting” purchases. Tasted like a shredded plastic coconut mixed with water.

Bambino Banano. A non-carb banana drink from the ‘70s, consistency like a Yoo-Hoo but without the chocolate taste. It was pretty bad, especially if you didn’t shake it with a paint mixer before opening.

I agree with the earlier comments about Moxie and Cel-ray. I’ve had a can of Moxie in my fridge for a couple of months but no one will drink it.

Bismarck
05-15-2004, 11:16 AM
Green Apple Soda Batch No. 6. I thought it would be interesting as I like an occassional apple soda. This stuff tasted like chemicals and I found it undrinkable. The bottle is pretty cool and I still have an unopened bottle. I think they should go back to the drawing board...maybe Batch No. 7?

Energydude
05-15-2004, 02:09 PM
Diet Pepsi !!! Simply a lousy product!

Pepsi should be ashamed!

Hacksaw
05-15-2004, 07:55 PM
For me:

#1 Shasta Diet Chocolate: Smelled nice, but it was like carbonated Baking (unsweetened) Cocoa. Gag.

#2 Fanta Tonic Water: Tried it in 1981, when I never met a Fanta I didn't like. Until this. One of the very few sodas I've poured down the drain!!

#3 Original Moxie: Combine Tonic water & Diet Barq's Root Beer with SWEET Dr. Pepper. I might get used to this, but it still tasted like a car care product!

#4 Sprecher Ginger Ale: Like carbonated potpourri, weird flavored.

#5 Big Red: Too bitter.

#6 Dr. Brown's Celray: Yes, strange!

Dishonorable mention: All the Jones flavors & Trader Joe's Root Beer taste like they REALLY cut corners on the sweeteners. They do taste better with a little sugar.

Since I don't drink I can't comment on Vermouth.

drpep
05-16-2004, 09:04 PM
My worst taste experiences are just like everyone elses, Moxie and that bitter stuff from the World Of Coca-Cola fountain.

karks88
05-17-2004, 09:56 AM
For me it's a tie between Tab and Tropical Sprite Remix. Tab just had this nasty, burning taste that kind of hurt my mouth!

Tropical Sprite Remix smelled ok but I think the closest thing I can compare it to is the liquid form of Imodium AD - not something I want to drink unless I have to :(

redcremesoda
05-18-2004, 01:27 PM
I few truly awful ones I've tried lately...

Trader Joe's Cream Soda - all vanilla, no cream, hideous. They should be embarrased to have their name on this one.

Natural Brew Vanilla Cream Soda - more like cream of ass! Absolutely disgusting. Horrible aftertaste. Should've known by the "natural" in the title it would probably suck.

Jones Blue Bubble Gum - one I had to try. I knew going in it could go either way, but I didn't expect it to taste like spoiled clam juice! At the very least it should have tasted like spoiled clam juice bubble gum. I might have bought an expired batch. At least I got to return this one.

Caveat Emptor! :eek:

KanKing
05-19-2004, 07:50 AM
At first I thought Moxie, but having had it a bit I can say that I like it when it is cold.
Really though, that Mr. Green was terrible!

fusion
05-20-2004, 07:41 PM
Ahh, you must mean Beverly (http://www.kimmiecorp.com/beverly/beverly2.html), dr pepperman.

http://www.kimmiecorp.com/beverly/beverlylabel.jpg

The only terrible drink I can think of that I've drank anytime in the past few years would have to be one of the Hansen's thimble energy drinks. I swear the stuff tasted like smoke. Ugh. I also thought Steaz Key Lime was pretty undrinkable as well.

ChrisPC
05-23-2004, 03:30 AM
Jack Daniel's Hard Cola: A cocktail of sawdust, alcohol, and generic Diet Coke!

Yoo-Hoo: People I know love it, but it's about as creamy as muddy water, and tastes like it too.

Dr. Enuf: I had to try it when I saw it in East Tennessee. It tastes good at first, but the aftertaste is like chewed-up vitamin pills!

Orbitz: It looked so bad I didn't even taste it!

Blue Ice All-Sport: Looks like aftershave, and tastes like it too.

Caffeine Free Diet Dr. Pepper: Looks like transmission fluid, but doesn't taste as good.

KMX Blue and Orange: One tastes like watered-down Red Bull, the other like watered-down Amp.

[ 05-23-2004, 03:37 AM: Message edited by: ChrisPC ]

Energydude
05-23-2004, 08:23 AM
Found a couple more that meet the worst ever Stinger Energy Drink and Rox Energy!!! Yuk!
Adreniline Rush is also very nasty!

toby1
05-23-2004, 10:11 AM
ya know SUMthing edude .... you think these taste bad .... yet they are distributed everywhere I turn. and they are re-bought by the stores so SUMone must think they taste good!

and yet I still have yet to see ONE bottle of SP!
only 3 people say thet have seen your SP on this board and one said they were out dated with dust on the bottles!

You bad mouth the drinks yet they will be in business long after you are fileing for ch.11/7/13 !

as the old saying goes ...."IF YOU CANT SAY SOMETHING NICE DONT ANYTHING AT ALL!!"

Energydude
05-23-2004, 10:35 AM
This thread is about what taste bad you moron!
Read Toby.... Read

Stinger, Adreniline Rush, and Rox are the worst tasting stuff ever!

All 3 make the S and S CLUB ! RB does too!

Think about it.... we all know vitamins taste like crap and HFCS is crap....the above drinks are loaded with both!!! They taste like crap!

toby1
05-23-2004, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by Energydude:
This thread is about what taste bad you moron!
--------------------------------------------------
mo·ron ( P ) Pronunciation Key (môrn, mr-)
n.
A stupid person; a dolt.
Psychology. A person of mild mental retardation having a mental age of from 7 to 12 years. The term belongs to a classification system no longer in use and is now considered offensive.
--------------------------------------------------
DUSTIN, I AM SOOOOOOO SICK OF YOUR OFFENSIVE INSULTS!!!
If only you could take a step back and see the type of person you are portraying yourself to be!!
You say that you have "x" # of people e-mailing you daily from this board in regards to your drink? What are they e-mailing you about?
If we only knew how many are just turned off by what you post! Im sure the number is stagering!
Your elitest attitude and demening of fellow members has gotten really old!

The sad part is you have no idea the reprecustions being brought on to you, TP, PAW, SP, even Heidi by your posts.

Ive often wondered why BEVNET doesnt put a stop to your posts ...then I realized the review they gave your drink and it all made sense, they are allowing you to self-destruct.
I am sure that people (both members and the passer-bys) that read this post will agree with me 100%.

It is so tempting to respond to your assinine posts Dustin Stemmer, HOWEVER FROM THE END OF THIS POST ON I AM GOING TO JOIN THE PATIENCE REALM OF THE OTHER SENIOR MEMBERS AND JUST IGNORE YOU YOUR POSTS AND YOUR INSULTS!

Have fun trying to crawl out of the hole your digging SP/TP/PAW and yourself!

ChrisPC
05-23-2004, 12:24 PM
I think RB and Amp taste good, actually. And HFCS is good too, I used to eat Karo as a kid. :rolleyes:

Lepke
05-23-2004, 01:22 PM
Edude , both red bull and rox use sucrose and glucose only. I don’t know about stinger or adrenaline rush.

Energydude
05-23-2004, 10:26 PM
Thanks Lepke!!!

I need to add one more Tab is really really bad and made me gag as a child!

Robot
05-23-2004, 11:22 PM
I agree with the Stinger energy drink being ass-tastic..

However, I loved KMX (both kinds) and it doesnt taste like watered down Redbull or anythign to me at all.. in fact, it tastes much stronger in terms of flavor.. and they add salt for a weird effect in an energy drink.

Sobe: Adrenaline Rush is amazing!!! Just picked up the newly released Sugar Free 0 Calorie version tonight!

Shatter
05-30-2004, 03:12 PM
I've got to update my 'Bad Taste Experience'. I just tried a soda, called McCol's, that I bought in a Korean grocery store a couple of days ago. Apparently, it was barley flavored. Yes, BARLEY flavored soda. I tried drinking it a few minutes ago. I honestly don't know how long it'll take my taste buds to recover from the trauma of this God-forsaken soft drink. It tasted like the breakfast cereal Sugar Smacks. Except with almost no sugar. And burnt. And served in a dirty ash tray. It was one of the most truly revolting drinks i've ever tried. It knocks First Tee iced tea off the list, and pushes Moxie and Dad's Creamy Red Soda down a notch. McCol's is truly #1 in suckiness.

[ 05-30-2004, 03:13 PM: Message edited by: Shatter ]

glassbottlesrule
05-30-2004, 04:15 PM
I know some people love but Moxie is truly nasty stuff. To me it tastes like Jagermeister with carbonation. The strange part is I bought a six-pack of it and finished it. Even though it was revolting I keep coming back for more, I finished the six bu8t will never buy more. Another one I thought was garbage at first and then got used and now kinda like is Reed's premium Ginger Brew. Dr. Brown's Cel-ray, now that is truly nasty, spit out the first sip and pitched the rest.

Fufu-Leth
06-21-2004, 07:29 PM
I would rather not think about it, but - It's not really a soda, but have you ever heard of ORBITZ? Yech.

mjb1124
06-21-2004, 11:35 PM
I honestly don't remember ever tasting a soda that I thought was THAT awful. Pepsi Blue is probably the worst soda I've ever tasted but it wasn't undrinkable.

[ 06-21-2004, 11:36 PM: Message edited by: Mountain Dew Or Crab Juice? ]

teamtitan512
06-21-2004, 11:37 PM
Orbitz? The airline ticket online service makes soda now? LOL!

As for me, Diet Sierra Mist is the worst tasting soda on the planet. Tastes like club soda gone wrong, with some added form of flavors. I hate all diet sodas though. Fresca's pretty bad too.

mjb1124
06-21-2004, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by teamtitan512:
Orbitz? The airline ticket online service makes soda now? LOL!

As for me, Diet Sierra Mist is the worst tasting soda on the planet. Tastes like club soda gone wrong, with some added form of flavors. I hate all diet sodas though. Fresca's pretty bad too. I don't think Diet Sierra Mist is all that bad, and I like Fresca. I actually think that Diet Coke is the worst diet soda, but I've been drinking it all my life so I'm used to it.

imawalkingcorpse
06-22-2004, 01:38 AM
I think the 3 worst I have ever had were in no particular order.
Pepsi Blue
Red Bull
Squirt

TiffyTreat
06-22-2004, 02:28 AM
I agree that Cel-Ray is the worst soda there is.

Bash125
06-22-2004, 11:24 AM
Any Diet that is more than 6 months old. RC had a Real cola nut cola I think it was called Premium draft or something like that. Truly an awful flavor.

teamtitan512
06-22-2004, 05:54 PM
Oh, that Premium Draft Cola was terrible tasting. I forgot about that one. I think I tried removing it from my mind.

Hacksaw
06-28-2004, 09:48 PM
Ah yes, Beverly. It must sell somewhere. Fanta Tonic was supposed to be big in Argentina.

But you're right: Squirt, Tab, & Fresca are nasty tasting IMHO. Dad's Creamy Red wasn't that great, either.

And I never did see (or try) Jones's Turkey & Gravy Soda.

The Albertson's Kiwi Strawberry was more like sweet, carbonated vinegar! :eek:

Shatter
06-28-2004, 11:41 PM
When I was housesitting for my sister, I picked up some Albertson's Kiwi-Strawberry at a local store, and was shocked by how bad it was. They really screwed the flavor up. I had to drink her lousy tap water instead.

No Soda
06-30-2004, 09:48 PM
Dr. Brown's Cel-Ray. Moxie. Big Red. 'Nuff said.

No Soda
06-30-2004, 09:49 PM
Dr. Brown's Cel-Ray. Moxie. Big Red. 'Nuff said.

Hacksaw
06-30-2004, 09:55 PM
So Shatter, you got also got suckered into buying that Kiwi-Strawberry too! redface.gif

That was also one of the few sodas I've EVER poured down the drain.

MooseGuy: Taste testing is just a waste of time & money to SOME drink companies tongue.gif

I've only bought Celray once. Combine it with Jones Turkey & Gravy Soda, Fanta Squash Punch, Snapple Apple Pie, & you have the makings of a complete liquid Holiday meal! :D

Speaking of the Sitcom spitout, many years ago I got tired of a Coke (it just didn't hit the spot at the moment) I was drinking while walking into a Department Store. I put it top down into what at first I thought was a trash can (I wasn't paying attention), but it was one of those old style ash trays where the ashes go down a tube into the bottom part of it.

I'll bet some one had fun scraping the Coke & cigarette ash mixture out of that! ;)

So, please be very careful in how you dispose of unwanted sodas.

[ 06-30-2004, 10:01 PM: Message edited by: Hacksaw ]

melloyelloluver
07-01-2004, 01:33 AM
I love the original Sprite but these new Sprite Remix flavors are the worst sodas I've ever tasted - Yuck!

Shatter
07-02-2004, 02:55 AM
I just attempted to drink a bottle of Sangaria Green Tea imported from Japan that I bought at a local 7-11 this afternoon. It's labeled "Traditional Unsweetened". Apparently, they didn't put down "flavored with ass" on the label like they should have. I've tasted green tea before, and it's usually pretty good. But this one tasted scorched or something. I tried sweetening it, but it didn't change the flavor too much. Another drink poured down the drain.

Another Government Employee
07-02-2004, 03:31 PM
Double Cola Peach
Canfields Chocolate Fudge

Shatter
07-03-2004, 02:22 AM
Double Cola makes a Peach flavor? Is it just a peach soda, or is it cola with peach added?

Acheron
07-04-2004, 01:44 PM
I for one happen to like Red Bull, Tropical Sprite (which tastes like a funky low-rent version of Tahitian Treat to me) and even Pepsi Blue.

But the worst taste experience I've probably ever had was with Sobe No Fear - that stuff is just vile. It's like grape flavored death.

easilyamused
07-04-2004, 09:57 PM
Pork soda! It was made by a band called Primus. (JK, really - they rock)
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B000001Y5P.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000001Y5P/102-8602671-5972967

Fresca is my real answer. Used to visit a diabetic relative back in the 70s who would offer soft drinks to the kids..... we soon learned to say no thanks after a saccharine laced Fresca or two, hehe. The taste was just awful.... of course they had no aspartame or splenda back then. The man of the house claimed to like it, mind you he mixed his with gin. smile.gif

[ 07-04-2004, 10:11 PM: Message edited by: easilyamused ]

Coke04
07-04-2004, 10:06 PM
Eww! Nasty. The gin explains it :D

Fresca isn't bad nowadays, though.

Acheron
07-05-2004, 10:37 AM
IMO, Fresca is one of the most tolerable diet drinks around - and I have a diabetic friend who agrees.

manykats
07-08-2004, 06:14 PM
the worst drink i ever tasted has to be fresca or celray soda

d-note
07-08-2004, 11:10 PM
the worst soda i've ever tasted was Pepsi X. This stuff isn't available in the US, and we should ocnsider ourselves lucky that is the case. I tasted this is Moscow, while looking for something different. The flavor is describable as pepsi wixed with bubble gum, and the result is not pleasurable for neither palette nor stomach. I couldn't even finish the bottle.
http://www.egils.is/gamalt/Pepsi%20X%20v.jpg

Hacksaw
07-24-2004, 12:44 AM
OK, I found another loser last week: Diet Coke with Lime. Just awful. The old Pepsi Light of 25 years ago was better, & that's not saying much.

halloaaryn
07-30-2004, 07:49 AM
My top 3 worst sodas:

FRESCA
COCA COLA
SURGE

Startup Dude
07-30-2004, 09:52 AM
Event: My worst taste experience with a soda

When: A long time ago

What: Homemade version of "coke", formulated by a neighbor

Why: He was convinced his formulation was identical to the real thing

Why #2: I didn't know any better

Result: Yikes!!!

The Doomite
08-01-2004, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by easilyamused:
Pork soda! It was made by a band called Primus. (JK, really - they rock) Primus sucks! (Those in the know, know what I mean.) The Doomite Is Out! :eek:

[ 10-22-2004, 01:54 AM: Message edited by: The Doomite ]

7upPimp
08-31-2004, 09:17 PM
I can't believe no on mentioned Crystal Pepsi. That stuff tasted like you left a can of Pepsi and 7up outside for two weeks. Then mixed them.

Android
08-31-2004, 10:58 PM
Well I think that no one mentioned Crystal Pepsi because many of us liked the stuff. I know I did. The ORIGINAL formula that is. After they added lemon to it and called it just Crystal, that's when Pepsi ruined it. Hopefully this is the product you are bashing....

andy

[ 08-31-2004, 10:59 PM: Message edited by: Android ]

MelloYelloo
08-31-2004, 11:19 PM
1)Canada Dry Cranberry Gingerale- Stuff tasted nasty and really sour.
2)Tropical Sprite Remix (Original formulation)- Tasted so nasty , when first came out threw out whole bottle. As someone mentioned smelled better than it tasted.
Of course after they reformulated it after a while and was much better and good.

[ 08-31-2004, 11:21 PM: Message edited by: MelloYelloo ]

ilovetab
10-01-2004, 03:46 PM
Awww, poor Tab :'(

Anyway, my worst soda experience was with Diet Rite White Grape flavor. It just tastes terrible to me!

USF SPAMMER 1
10-01-2004, 10:51 PM
Coca Cola makes me gag. It tastes simply horrible.

Pepsi is nearly as bad.

Lord Turbine
10-16-2004, 03:25 AM
Virgin Blonde... pretty much all of the Virgin colas except the cherry & lime ones. They have too much syrup, and Virgin Blonde is even worse than Pepsi Vanilla.

CRYSTAL PEPSI ROCKED! Crystal was the sucky one...

sodasommelier
10-16-2004, 07:43 PM
Hey man if you're in OC you should go to the BevMo in Irvine; they have Jolt Electric Blue in longnecks. Also you can order a bunch of cases of it for a good price by calling 714 508 9151 which is in Tustin Ranch. The worst soda is perhaps Pub Soda if you remember that!!!

Coke04
10-17-2004, 10:34 AM
Woah! Crystal Pepsi and Diet Coke with Lime are good, imho.

Sirtoddalot
10-17-2004, 05:48 PM
The worst soda i ever had was

Polar double fudge

i trully felt like i was gonna puke!

also Wal-Mart soda sucks

Lord Turbine
10-17-2004, 09:44 PM
Hey thanks, sodasommelier, I'll keep that in mind!

MD121310
12-09-2004, 12:29 AM
my worst esperience:
well one time me and a few friends were at my school sleepover (yes isn't that cool?) and one of my friends went out and bought a discound bottle of dnL for 50 cents (a 2-liter!) later he gave some out to everyone and it tasted okay but the stuff left this foul aftertaste in everyones mouth that tasted like cherry flavored decongestant. truly nasty, no wonder it was on sale for 50 cents!

my second worst soda encounter is with Sprite remix berryclear, that junk tastes literally like something i made with this food experiments science kit where you made edible slime out of water and some various chemicals.

mickstafa
12-09-2004, 01:31 PM
7up Plus - pure plasticky nasty stuff. Stay way

Cel-Ray - Everyone's favorite soda to bash

Jeff's Egg Cream - Just plain gross

Clear Tab - Though I drank it a lot when it was out simply because it was clear, stores gave it away, and I was a naiive 13 year old, I thought clear (non-citrus) soda was so futuristic and cool. In reality, the stuff was awful!

upinarms
12-09-2004, 05:10 PM
A few ginger beer sodas ive had were so bitter and had this burning after taste, I couldnt even finish it.

Most people find Monster to be pretty repulsive at first, I agree and it took me awhile to open up to it.

I had this god awful Ginseng soda from a lil japanese grocery store before...pretty gross.

YJ Stinger has this gross sharp medicinal bite to it after a few sips. Probably the worst energy drink, IMO. Arizona energy shot is fairly putrid, too.

Energydude
12-09-2004, 08:22 PM
YJ Stinger is the worst... RB is a close second....gasoline is third.

ithastabeshasta
12-10-2004, 08:13 PM
Well let's see the worst soda I have ever had. Hmmm tough call could it be Buffalo Rock Ginger Ale no this was bad but may be an aquired taste. Sobe Mr Green - 1 of the few I couldn't finish and had to dump out, Moxie = medicine gone bad, Canield's Diet Chocolate soda just a bad idea. The winner Dr Browns Cel-Ray soda, whoever came up with this should be fired!

chrisloll
01-09-2005, 03:08 PM
7-Up Plus might be the most vile drink I've ever had. And despite being a huge Pepsi drinker, Blue is right up there.

ramonazo
01-10-2005, 02:28 AM
Diet Coke with lemon and Diet Coke with lime...

ecliptic
01-10-2005, 09:19 PM
I opened up the 20z of Diet Lemon Coke. I regret it from this day. I swear it tastes like Diet Coke flavored with lemon dish soap.

I like Diet Lime Coke though.

[ 01-10-2005, 09:21 PM: Message edited by: ecliptic ]

billygtexas
01-18-2005, 12:07 AM
I remember my dad bought a Clover Valley "Dr. Topper" (cheap budget brand) from a Dollar General store. He thought it was a Dr. Pepper, A couple minutes later while driving he looked at the can said "what is this S$$T?" It's still funny to me because he rarely cusses.

Most store brand diet colas are toxic waste - I've tried Sam's, Chex, Hy-Top, Big K, American Pride and NONE of them are any good.

Still cant stand TAB - why the heck is Coke still selling this 60's relic? Who's still buying it? Same with Fresca, which could be used as paint remover.

The most recient nasty drink for me was Diet Coke with Lime - ugh! Sorry ecliptic, I couldnt even finsh the bottle.

[ 01-18-2005, 12:18 AM: Message edited by: billygtexas ]

EnergyKing
02-16-2005, 07:40 PM
7UP Plus. Thank god I got it free from the Pepsi Distributor. I wouldnt of paid for it. The stuff tastes like Pepto Bismal.

pdxbevman
02-16-2005, 08:02 PM
Full Throttle, yuk! tastes like a real bad oversweetened softdrink. no vitamin taste cus it has less than sunny d!

[ 02-20-2005, 12:47 PM: Message edited by: pdxbevman ]

Red Fusion RoX
02-16-2005, 11:18 PM
One of the worst i have EVER tasted would have to be Diet Shasta Chocolate. It was terrible and it looked like diahrea. Too bad looks aren't everything LOL.

yankees26mlb
02-20-2005, 01:30 AM
The newest ones are the most digusting:
7up plus (the "healthy" one) tastes like carbonated cough syrup

And I can't believe no one mentioned Pepsi Holiday Spice. That tasted like cinnamon flavored toothpaste and I couldn't even finish half the 20oz bottle

But the worst drink I ever had was one from China a friend sent me called "Sprite on Fire", a sprite made with ginseng. It actually made me hurl dark brown foamy liquid

NewColaLover
02-23-2005, 09:47 AM
At World of Coke they had a ginseng flavored coke, and I vomitted in the trash can in the bathroom. After that I made my little brother try each of the flavors before I tried them (the second time we went there).

steveu
02-23-2005, 05:39 PM
Here's a vote for Tab...

But call me crazy, but I liked Mr. Green and Pepsi Blue. But I often like weird stuff.

Hacksaw
02-23-2005, 09:07 PM
Holiday Pepsi was like throwing in a teaspoon each of clove, nutmeg, & tumeric in normal Pepsi. Not good.

Red Rock Ginger Ale might have been better with less spice.

CELRAY_IS_THE_BEST
03-23-2005, 07:44 PM
It is so clear to me that Dr. Brown's Celray Tonic, a celery flavored, and I say "delicately and subtly flavored" drink, is the perfect accompaniment for a corned beef on rye or pastrami on rye or roast beef on rye sandwich. It cuts right through the greasiness and restoreth the palate.

Anyone who doesn't recognize this simply has decayed or nonfunctioning taste buds. There are some medical treatments for this deficiency, but don't spend your time putting down this fine and I might say, sacred, soft drink. It's like a deaf person trying to explain the nuances of a classical recording.

Just simply stay at home and swill down your "Cokes". Yechhh!!!

CELRAY_IS_THE_BEST
03-23-2005, 07:47 PM
By the way, I purchase Dr. Brown's Celray and their Cream and Black Cherry sodas by the case and never am without them.

If you're from NYC, you'll understand. Or perhaps Boston, Philly, Chicago or LA and Miami. Otherwise, you are part of the Great Unwashed.

Lepke
03-23-2005, 09:00 PM
When I was a kid my father used to take me to Za Mar deli in Brighton beach Brooklyn across from the Brighton beach baths and next door to the oceanic movie theater.
There I would receive the treat of a lifetime a fresh hot corned beef on rye a side of kasha varnishas and a DR. Browns celray tonic. I thought that was grand, I can still taste it.
As an adult I cant stand that celray tonic but boy did I love it as a kid. There was nothing like it. A true classic, an original.

Travel'n Jones
03-23-2005, 09:10 PM
Moxie for sure; dog ear medicine + dr pepper shot out of someones nose = moxie

PepsiBlue
03-24-2005, 01:06 AM
I am really surprised no one has said this yet

Pepsi Kona