PDA

View Full Version : Have you noticed?

jmyjunk
11-14-2005, 03:15 PM
I bought a 20oz Coke Classic this morning, and the nutrition facts now state both standard servings and the "this package serving"

I know this was on the Coke w/lime, but now it has spread to the regualar packaging.

Ok, just a random sighting of the day

smile.gif

fusion
11-14-2005, 06:44 PM
We switched to that labeling recently, after the 1:12 promo ended. Also, notice that "and/or sucrose" in the ingredients is now gone as well.

jblaviback
11-15-2005, 12:12 AM
Fusion, because you mentioned the 1 in 12 logo and it sounds like you work for coke I was wondering does coke know that you can look through the bottle and find winners?

PepsiBlue
11-15-2005, 01:44 AM
I noticed this when Nestea Cool changed its label.
I like it.

iluvsurge220
11-15-2005, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by jblaviback:
Fusion, because you mentioned the 1 in 12 logo and it sounds like you work for coke I was wondering does coke know that you can look through the bottle and find winners? Hey can you tell me how to do that? I always try to tip the bottle just enough to where the pop doesnt cover it up but I am never able to see what it says.

yankees26mlb
11-15-2005, 02:31 PM
speaking of the 1/12 promotion - I eat at subway pretty much every day, and me and a friend must have bought 50 drinks with that promotion on it and we didn't win one time. Anyway, what the hell kind of offer is having an 8% chance of winning?

Mr Zabe
11-15-2005, 02:50 PM
LOL
I had a Domino's pizza delivered last night and won a free 20oz bottle of sprite. Weird but I seem to win a free drink every time I get a few bottles. It must be luck. I bet Coke knows that a good deal of winners will never cash in their caps. As I have said before in my area getting a a cap redeemed is like getting a tooth pulled. LOL

[ 11-15-2005, 02:51 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

jblaviback
11-15-2005, 04:19 PM
iluvsurge220- I don't really think I can tell you anything new from what you have allready tried. The main thing is just tilting it until you can make out letters and then spin the bottle until you can make out the words. You usually want see the whole phrase, but what I look for is the word "product" for the winners and the word "again" for the losers. One more tip is to go to stores where the pop is in the back because the worker at the store may get annoyed.

jblaviback
11-15-2005, 04:20 PM
You usually want see the whole phrase Edit: You usually won't see the whole phrase.

Mr Zabe
11-15-2005, 04:25 PM
Again my two cents.

Cheating to win a bottle of Coke just seems counter to the idea of surprise and good spirit. I would expect a pimple faced 12 year old to pull that kind of inspection.

Just my view from a person who worked in a family retail business for 28 years.

[ 11-15-2005, 04:27 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

jblaviback
11-15-2005, 09:17 PM
Zabe, I see your point but it isn't ripping off the individual stores because they send the caps to coke. So essentially I am ripping coke off, but technically this is not wrong because I am not doing anything illegal.

Mr Zabe
11-15-2005, 10:26 PM
Ok...technically what you did was not illegal. I do see your point. How about if you went through a case of bottles looking for winners with your 10 year old son and daughter standing by your side?

Would you say I'm only cheating Coke but "you" sould never do such an un ethical thing as this.

Just something to think about. If you have guilt doing an action in public (with or with out kids) than it does matter whether you cheat or exploit a weakness in a pop contest.

Just my feedback. smile.gif

[ 11-15-2005, 10:28 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

iluvsurge220
11-16-2005, 12:48 AM
Oh guys calm down now. I just think it is fun trying to find the winners. I also tend to have pretty good luck when it comes to winning free 20 oz.'s I'd say during the lifetime of surge, I won at least 30 free ones. In fact I still have a bottle cap for a free 20 oz surge that expired about 6 years ago lol. Coke already has millions of dollars anyway, so getting a free one from them every now and then isn't gonna hurt them even if you cheat to get it. It isn't illegal to look under the caps, and plus they make it pretty easy, so if they didnt want you to find the code, they should put it on the inside of the label or something where it would be harder to find.