PDA

View Full Version : Coca-Cola Blak

cokeman192001
11-15-2005, 04:32 PM
See it in 06!!!!
Coffee and coke together!!!!!!!!!!

the saint
11-15-2005, 07:33 PM
Big deal. It will flop, same as Kona Pepsi did years ago. The idea is nothing new.

Mr Zabe
11-15-2005, 07:45 PM
It will flop because people will expect it to be more like their other flavor coke pops. (coke vanilla,cherry,lime and lemon). In my opinion Coke should make a new "wiz bang" coffee drink that has the smoothness of say Yoo Hoo but the coffee taste of a good shot of espresso.

IMO....Coke with flavors and or coffee is a dead duck in a large pond. Saint is right, this new Coke beverage will flop.

[ 11-15-2005, 07:51 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

ramonazo
11-16-2005, 01:22 AM
Coke + Coffee, good for staying awake all night! :eek: :eek: :eek:

DJ HawaiianShirt
11-16-2005, 02:51 PM
True words from Ramon.

Personally, I look forward to this cola, just because I love coffee and cola so much by themselves.

So what if it tastes bad? If more companies took leaps of faith like this, we'd have some great products on our hands.

SEV smile.gif

yosemite44
12-16-2005, 05:03 AM
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/tm_objectid=16486147&method=full&siteid=94762&headline=mocha-cola--name_page.html

!

karks88
12-16-2005, 12:04 PM
I'd definitely like to give this a try. I never got to have Pepsi Kona and I wish it had been released around here.

fusion
12-16-2005, 06:27 PM
The packaging will catch peoples' eyes, but they have to advertise it so people know what it is. I'm sure we are going to hear a lot of "ewws" from people when they find out it's cofee flavored cola.

ramonazo
12-17-2005, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by the saint:
Big deal. It will flop, same as Kona Pepsi did years ago. The idea is nothing new. BTW, How does that Pepsi Kona tasted? It was good? It was bad?

In Thailand they launched something similar: Pepsi Latte

Here's a picture I found in flickr
http://static.flickr.com/26/65035197_ab16fe1a95.jpg

More info here (http://www.pepsithai.com/09whatfresh/latte_info.html) (does anybody speak Thai here?)

popologist
12-18-2005, 05:01 AM
i'm not really a coffee drinker, but i'm kind of looking forward to this (just because i like to try "new" things). ;)

the packaging looks cool (the silvery metal cans), though coke may be introducing too many new products at once. i mean, there's STILL confusion as to what, exactly, coke zero is (though i think consumers are finally catching on).

also, the fact that blak is actually C2 with coffee in it might also confuse people, since even fewer people know what C2 is than Zero even. LOL!

either way, i'll try it.

oh. i was also interested to know that pepsi is going to beat coke to the market (again). though, that name, "pepsi max cino" is AWFUL, in my opinion. BLAK sounds much better.

[ 12-18-2005, 05:03 AM: Message edited by: popologist ]

Mr Zabe
12-18-2005, 09:27 AM
My guess and two cents. LOL
Pepsi probably has a coffee soda pop either ready for market or test market. If and when Coke test markets in the US their coffee soda pop,Pepsi will do the same with theirs.

Pepsi and Coca Cola are like a pair of quasi identical twins joined at the waist. Both companies by the nature of the business are required to match the demand the other has created.

Nick Laugher
12-18-2005, 12:14 PM
Pepsi does, it's called Pepsi Tarik

ramonazo
12-18-2005, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by Ramón Coca-Colero:
BTW, How does that Pepsi Kona tasted? It was good? It was bad?Nobody answered my question yet... :(

the saint
12-18-2005, 05:00 PM
Being that it isn't available anymore anywhere should have answered your question Ramon. It was horrid.
Pepsi tried Kona Pepsi well over TEN years ago. It flopped. I am sure they retained all the formula and rights to it but as far as waiting to bring it to market before coke, I doubt it. Will they bring it back on the market if Blak does well?? I am sure of it.

ramonazo
12-19-2005, 12:24 AM
Originally posted by the saint:
Being that it isn't available anymore anywhere should have answered your question Ramon. It was horrid.
Pepsi tried Kona Pepsi well over TEN years ago. It flopped. I am sure they retained all the formula and rights to it but as far as waiting to bring it to market before coke, I doubt it. Will they bring it back on the market if Blak does well?? I am sure of it. Question answered and doubts clarified... thanks saint! smile.gif

[ 12-19-2005, 12:26 AM: Message edited by: Ramón Coca-Colero ]

popologist
12-19-2005, 06:38 AM
i think the weirdest thing about blak is that it's based on the unsuccessful C2 formula. why not just start with an all sugar (HFCS) version (though it could have fewer calories), and then come out with a diet or zero version? building a new and risky product on a product that has already flopped doesn't make a lot of sense to me. especially when zero tastes 90% as good as C2 anyway. who's in charge over at coke, anyway?!? (and that new "slogan"? wtf?!?)