PDA

View Full Version : A little Surge News

jblaviback
11-19-2005, 10:28 AM
I know most of you are probably sick of hearing about Surge, and those that are not have probably already seen this but I found this new little thing on the save surge website. Heres the link Savesurge (http://www.savesurge.com/surge/special_whatitcouldbe.shtml)

I am not a huge Surge fan but I am sort of surprised the Surge community has not made a bigger deal out of this. In my opinion the fact that Coca-Cola had some company think of a new logo and advertising campaign means they are truly thinking of bringing it back. This may have gotten overshadowed by the news of the nation wide Vault release and the fact that coke is releasing Vault probably means they would not release Surge for awhile but still this seems like a glimmer of hope for those who care for it.

PSOmasterX77
11-19-2005, 11:17 AM
That was over 2 years ago, they've obviously moved on and made Vault, which is close enough anyways according to all the Surge addicts.

jblaviback
11-19-2005, 11:58 AM
Oh.... I did not know that. Well so much for my thory. :(

jblaviback
11-19-2005, 11:58 AM
Oh.... I did not know that. Well so much for my theory. :(

PSOmasterX77
11-20-2005, 12:14 AM
Eh I still betcha it could come back someday when none of us will care anymore.

karks88
11-20-2005, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by jblaviback:
Oh.... I did not know that. Well so much for my theory. :( Don't worry! We should probably put some sort of disclaimer on the older stuff smile.gif

Right now we're throwing our support behind Vault and hoping it stays around for the long haul. But you never know, a few years from now SURGE could be an option for Coke again. I know I wouldn't mind drinking it!

DJ HawaiianShirt
11-20-2005, 11:51 PM
The phrase "surge news" is an oxymoron.

The moment Vault was conceived was the moment that savesurge.com should have COMPLETELY moved to vaultkicks.org. Because believe me, if Vault fails, Surge fans will then have NO hope of ever seeing their drink(or a clone of it)as done by Coke ever again.

SEV redface.gif

iluvsurge220
11-21-2005, 02:35 PM
I don't know if that is true. I think that Coke is gonna keep trying new things until they find something that people will love.

karks88
11-21-2005, 02:55 PM
Hey if you ask some people we didn't have hope before, lol. I wouldn't underestimate the determination of SURGE and Vault fans. I'm not saying that we're going to push Vault over the competition by ourselves, but Vault wouldn't exist and there wouldn't be as much buzz about its launch without the fans.

Btw, SaveSURGE.org is sticking around as a way to celebrate the drink and the people who love it. We're not really doing much in the way of letter writing at the moment, but we'll start it up again if needed ;)