PDA

View Full Version : I'm an addict

Mr Nethead
11-22-2005, 02:28 AM
I get serious soda cravings, and I can't just drink a little. Today I consumed 760 calories worth of soda. I think I need to stop drinking soda for a while. I might try to go until February when Vault comes out.

I'm going to try and replace the bulk of it with water. Yep, I'm going to be going through serious withdrawals over the next few days.

Mr Zabe
11-22-2005, 02:56 AM
Mr Nethhead,
Your not alone. Yesterday I drank 7 cans of soda pop,2 cans of seltzer water, 5 500ml of bottle water and 24 oz of orange juice. Call me a hog.LOL I have days like Sunday where I crave liquids like crazy.

I try to drink a can every 3hrs and 1 bottle of water in between. I also try to drink Diet soda pop but I crave regular pop. I have days where I drink a lot less. I do better when I stay away from salty foods.

I do feel your pain. smile.gif

yankees26mlb
11-22-2005, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by Mr Zabe:
Mr Nethhead,
Your not alone. Yesterday I drank 7 cans of soda pop,2 cans of seltzer water, 5 500ml of bottle water and 24 oz of orange juice. Call me a hog.LOL I have days like Sunday where I crave liquids like crazy.

I try to drink a can every 3hrs and 1 bottle of water in between. I also try to drink Diet soda pop but I crave regular pop. I have days where I drink a lot less. I do better when I stay away from salty foods.

I do feel your pain. smile.gif Wow! thats a lot of liquids

Mr Zabe
11-22-2005, 06:30 PM
Your right.
Most times when I have a liquid binge,I rather not. Thankfully I don't have as many liquid binge days. I have some medical problems and as some of you know I have some mental deficiencies. :D tongue.gif

Laughter is the best medicine next to a cold can of Dr Pepper. LOL I try and do both. smile.gif

pepsidew
11-22-2005, 06:32 PM
i try to limit myself to one or two cans a day - today i had a can of pitch black and a bottle of pitch black - somedays when i want to stay up late i drink more - sucks - just empty calories - but it tastes so good

cokeman192001
11-22-2005, 09:43 PM
are u guys overweight or just don't like the empty calories? i drink a ton of coke zero. try being me for a day driving around with 500 cases of soda on the truck

Mr Zabe
11-22-2005, 09:50 PM
Well...different amounts for different folks. smile.gif
I rotate my soda pops. I drink coke zero and diet Dr pepper for a few weeks and then I will drink Pepsi and grape, and or other sugar pops.

I like to keep it fresh and fun.
I do not worry about empty calories. I do not eat candy, ice cream,milk,cookies or potato chips. In my mind drinking sugar pop is my one sinful pleasure. smile.gif

[ 11-22-2005, 08:51 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

Mr Nethead
11-23-2005, 04:29 AM
Well I managed to go one day without soda. I did drink four 16 ounce bottles of water though. Actually, it was Deja Blue water, which isn't my favourite. I can drink it if it's really cold (at room temp the bottle gives it a strange aftertaste.) and it so happens that Casey's only stocks that brand in cases.

They used to stock their own Casey's brand water in cases which actually wasn't bad. (It's spring water.) I'm not sure why they switched to Deja Blue. Oddly enough, Casey's bottled water in one gallon jugs is different from smaller bottles. The one gallon jugs are just city water. (From Kansas City, I think.) The liter bottles, 20 ounce, etc are spring water that tastes good.

I have to say, I was very tempted to buy a Coke or Dr Pepper, but I was able to control myself.

Mr Zabe
11-23-2005, 04:44 AM
Good Job. I'm sure it was not easy stay off soda pop. By the way D.V. water is a last resort water for myself. To bad you can't buy Ice Mountain or Dannon water (all spring water).

If you have a Wal-mart in your area, they have good prices for their private label purified and spring water. Both are good and drinkable.

Mr Nethead
11-23-2005, 12:26 PM
Mr Zabe,

Actually I can get Dannon and Ice Mountain, I just couldn't at the time. Casey's is the closest place to my house and the grocery stores close at 9 here. (Yeah, small town. lol :rolleyes: )

Dannon and Ice Mountain are the brands I usually buy. (What a coincidence!) We have two grocery stores. One of them sells Ice Mountain and the other sells Dannon. Man, when a bottle of Dannon has been chilling in the fridge for a few hours, it's the best water in the world. :D

I find it funny that most of the water bottled by "Ice Mountain" comes from Michigan. (12 ounce bottles seem to come from Texas.) I've been to Michigan, and I didn't see any mountains. lol. Good water though.

Mr Zabe
11-23-2005, 01:28 PM
You are so right!!!!!
Ice cold Dannon spring water is my very favorite. smile.gif
Ice Mountain is my second choice.

Mello Yello Luver
11-24-2005, 07:49 AM
I am also a big soda addict. I drink at least 1 a day. I can't stop drinking it!. Water and Juice don't taste the same to me anymore. I drink more soda than water lol!

[ 11-24-2005, 06:54 AM: Message edited by: Mello Yello Luver ]