Hope
02-19-2003, 07:03 PM
Has anyone out there tried this product? Where do you buy it? :D

RunWithDaLilGuy
02-19-2003, 08:17 PM
big lots smile.gif

fusion
02-20-2003, 10:48 AM
It really isn't widely available in the area I work in. Mostly in the small stores, but we only carry it in one chain of supermarkets plus one independent supermarket chain (5 stores).

The teas are good, but the juice ones (except the berry) leave a lot to be desired.

If you're buying it at big lots, it's probably the stuff from before Coke bought it out, and I would steer clear of it. ;) I actually saw some of that stuff in a cooler in a cd/tape store a few months ago.. Scary.

If you dig around the board, you can see my rant on Coke killing this brand.

Fixx
02-25-2003, 06:19 PM
I have heard that Coke is essentially letting this brand go where it doesnt sell. From what I have seen on the West Coast, the brand doesnt sell because it has not brand identity.

Just my humble opinion

Later

sodasommelier
02-27-2003, 01:21 AM
I think it's great that Marc Johnson's work paid off and he got his bucks but I really think Coke trashed the brand and I'm pissed off that we put almost 10 years into it and got it yanked away with zero compensation just to see them destroy it. I suppose if they were hyper-successful I'd find it even worse because I'd feel like they were profiting off of my efforts but still I think it sucks how these big companies throw their cash around and stifle innovation and often do a disservice to the public whose choices are then limited and degenerated.

fusion
04-01-2003, 07:36 PM
Coke's finally made the switch to plastic bottles. Here's a sample (I have yet to master taking pictures without the flash reflecting off of the bottles).

http://members.aol.com/dialasong/madplastic.jpg

[ 04-01-2003, 07:39 PM: Message edited by: fusion ]

Shatter
04-02-2003, 12:05 AM
What kind of sweetner is in it? Sugar or high-fructose corn syrup?

fusion
04-02-2003, 10:37 AM
Still made with sugar.