PDA

View Full Version : FINALLY! ...Diet Coke with SPLENDA

XLS_04
02-08-2005, 12:23 AM
Coca-Cola North America today announced that it will introduce Diet Coke Sweetened with Splenda in the United States in the second quarter of 2005.

Diet Coke with Splenda will have a distinct label with the name of the sweetener on it as well as a yellow streak. The world's largest beverage maker will continue to sell traditional Diet Coke, which is flavored with aspartame, separately.

http://www2.coca-cola.com/presscenter/img/imagebrands/downloads/lg_dc_with_splenda_family.jpg

Robot
02-08-2005, 01:01 AM
wonder why the yellow, seems like it will look like diet coke with lemon, except for that extra bar of a few colors underneath the coke.. seems to have maybe a blue and a red and black in there.

fusion
02-08-2005, 01:10 AM
Yellow is Splenda's color. Look at the packets, the boxes, the bulk bags. All are yellow. You've also got the blue cap to set it apart from the other diet flavors.

Lemon - yellow. Lime - green. Cherry - black (usually)

I can't help but wonder if this is what started out as Coke Zero.

Robot
02-08-2005, 03:11 AM
well i have actually grown to love regular diet coke, but i can see this being good too.

i was hoping coke zero (diet coke with splenda) would be formulated to taste like regular coke, but with splenda, unlike the diet coke which seems to have an entirely differnet flavor profile.

if this is just the diet coke flavor sweetened with splenda, thats kind of a let down.. if its the coke profile but diet and made with splenda, that would be great

XLS_04
02-08-2005, 03:17 AM
its basically replacing the regular Diet Coke all they did was change sweetners and added lively colors.

Robot
02-08-2005, 03:21 AM
ahh, well thats kinda lame.. i already enjoy diet coke.. was hoping for a second diet coke that would be different flavor profile..

lame lame lame lame lame.

diet pepsi/pepsi one has it done right, two different diet flavors both no carbs.

i guess ill try it, who knows maybe ill like it more, but i love the taste of diet coke as is.

Cokeologist
02-08-2005, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by XLS_04:
its basically replacing the regular Diet Coke all they did was change sweetners and added lively colors. I'm not sure that is correct - the press release states "Diet Coke Sweetened with Splenda will be the seventh addition to the Diet Coke family" and "The millions of current Diet Coke devotees across America shouldn't be concerned - the Diet Coke they love will stay just as it is."

Is this possibly what has been referred to as "Coca-Cola Zero"?

PhillySteve
02-08-2005, 12:41 PM
If this is Coke Zero I'll be really disappointed. I was looking forward to something that tastes like Coke. I hate the taste of Diet Coke.

And if you read the press release on the website it contains not only Splenda but Ace-K. It seems to me "Aspartame Free" would be a more accurate description. This just looks like they are trying to cash in on the Splenda name.

tpetry
02-08-2005, 01:22 PM
How can I find out the ingredient listing for this?

Robot
02-08-2005, 04:23 PM
so when is this going to realistically hit stores?

DietCokeEnthusiast
02-08-2005, 05:27 PM
I am definitely going to make a prediction here: This is going to cause mass market confusion unless Coke plays their cards very, very carefully and strategically.

XLS_04
02-09-2005, 01:40 AM
Originally posted by SodaScott:
I'm not sure that is correct - the press release states "Diet Coke Sweetened with Splenda will be the seventh addition to the Diet Coke family" and "The millions of current Diet Coke devotees across America shouldn't be concerned - the Diet Coke they love will stay just as it is."

Is this possibly what has been referred to as "Coca-Cola Zero"? I meant this will be the MAIN choice, like diet Coke and TaB eventually diet Coke took over yet both were still made. As far as this being what Coke Zero was supposed to be it is possible.

Anyways 90% of suggestions to Coca-Cola about the diet Coke brand is that they want Splenda added instead of what they currently use.

ecliptic
02-09-2005, 07:46 AM
Woohoo!

mjb1124
02-09-2005, 11:23 AM
I too am disappointed that they didn't go with Coke Zero or some other new name. Although at least they didn't go with a variation of Tab as they were supposedly considering. And who knows, maybe it will be based on the regular Coke profile.

Just a suggestion for Coke though - at the time that this comes out, I would also think it wise to add "Original Formula" or something like that to the original's packaging, to further distinguish it from the Splenda variation.

RC Yeah
02-09-2005, 12:30 PM
Is the test marketed Coke Zero now Diet Coke with Splenda or are they two different products? I thought they were seperate products. Coke is really going crazy on that innovation stuff.

mjb1124
02-10-2005, 01:20 AM
I'm pretty sure they're the same product.

ColaFan
02-13-2005, 09:26 PM
Is it Splenda "only" or Splenda with Acesulfame K.

I heard it was a Splenda/Acesulfame Potassium Mix

Comments?

mjb1124
02-13-2005, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by ColaFan:
Is it Splenda "only" or Splenda with Acesulfame K.

I heard it was a Splenda/Acesulfame Potassium Mix

Comments? Yes, that is true, and I don't see what the big deal is about that. At least there's no Aspartame in it.

Markito
02-16-2005, 01:12 PM
When will there be "Diet Coke with Splenda with Lime"?

Tannerman
05-05-2005, 08:01 PM
"Diet Coke Sweetened with Splenda will be the seventh addition to the Diet Coke family"Can someone help with this list of "seven additions"

You've got the flagship Diet Coke... then...

1. Caffeine Free Diet Coke
2. DC with Lemon
3. DC with Lime
4. DC Cherry (formerly Diet Cherry Coke)
5. DC Vanilla (formerly Diet Vanilla Coke)
6. DC with Splenda
7. ??

Do they include C2 in this list? What am I missing?

mjb1124
05-05-2005, 08:10 PM
That probably includes regular Diet Coke.