PDA

View Full Version : Pepsi LIME

XLS_04
02-09-2005, 08:41 PM
Pepsi plans to introdyce Pepsi Lime and Diet Pepsi Lime in May. If anyone has pics, feel free to post them.

I also got a chance to see the new Mountain Dew logo (online), is this something being test marketed?? Because I only heard about this once on here.

jblavit
02-09-2005, 11:56 PM
What website did you see the new Mountain Dew Logo at?

EnergyKing
02-10-2005, 01:00 AM
Thats an original Idea.....Pepsi and Frito Lay are obviously the same company they can never come up with an original idea.

Robot
02-10-2005, 01:09 AM
well its not original.. but pepsi isnt trying ot be original.. just give its fans the same lineup as the rival cola company has so they dont veer off to try coke with lime and then leave the brand..

its basic business sense...

pepsi does do some good innovation elsewhere sometimes, including what i consider to be the best brand in soda, Mountain Dew.

ecliptic
02-10-2005, 09:27 AM
Thats an original Idea.....Pepsi and Frito Lay are obviously the same company they can never come up with an original idea.Josta
Rasberry Pepsi
Tropical Pepsi
Strawberry Pepsi
Crystal Pepsi
Pepsi Blue
entire Mountain Dew line

Not to mention the fact that Pepsi owns Sobe.

[ 02-10-2005, 08:28 AM: Message edited by: ecliptic ]

BottleBoss
02-10-2005, 10:45 AM
There are only so many things you can do with sodas. Adding Lime is one of them. It sounds good. Not the diet though. Those diets are nasty. I tell you what is good. That Mountain Dew Baha Blast. Great stuff. I think that is a lime as well.?

EnergyKing
02-10-2005, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by ecliptic:
Josta
Rasberry Pepsi
Tropical Pepsi
Strawberry Pepsi
Crystal Pepsi
Pepsi Blue
entire Mountain Dew line

Not to mention the fact that Pepsi owns Sobe. [/QB]Your point? SoBe wasnt an original idea for Pepsi either. Just another excellent product for them to run into the ground.

tallflip
02-11-2005, 02:02 AM
i just had some of this Pepsi w/lime last week. i was in Central America where they have had this for a while now. They also still produce Pepsi Blue called "Berry blue Pepsi" there. The Pepsi w/lime is great stuff! I was hooked on it while on vacation. I can't wait to get it here.

the saint
02-12-2005, 09:01 AM
Actually Pepsi Twist in Central and South America was made with lime instead of lemon so therefore it has been around longer than Coke with lime. so who had the original idea???

[ 02-12-2005, 08:03 AM: Message edited by: the saint ]

DietCokeEnthusiast
02-12-2005, 10:56 AM
wow...what an original idea and name

*sarcasm*

Red Fusion RoX
02-12-2005, 11:46 AM
Lime and cola just do not mix at all. It is disgusting. But to tell the truth, Pepsi can be pretty inventive sometimes. Here's a short list:

Pepsi Blue (I don't see coke EVER trying that)
Pepsi Holiday Spice
Sierra Mist (kind of)
Pepsi Kona

You can't really tell me that Pepsi isn't innovative. Pepsi was the first and only Coffee cola, even if it wasn't the greatest tasting.

DietCokeEnthusiast
02-13-2005, 10:48 AM
Let's recap on the innovations;

Pepsi Blue *dropped* (poor sales)
Pepsi Holiday Spice *dropped* (poor sales)
Sierra Mist (Sprite ripoff sans flavour)
Pepsi Kona *dropped* (poor sales)

Yeah...great innovations...one was a ripoff and the others didn't sell.

Red Fusion RoX
02-13-2005, 11:21 AM
I didn't say they had to have good sales, just that they were different. Inventive and popular are two completely different words, in case you didn't know.

XLS_04
02-13-2005, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by Red Fusion RoX:
Lime and cola just do not mix at all. It is disgusting. But to tell the truth, Pepsi can be pretty inventive sometimes. Here's a short list:

Pepsi Blue (I don't see coke EVER trying that)
Pepsi Holiday Spice
Sierra Mist (kind of)
Pepsi Kona

You can't really tell me that Pepsi isn't innovative. Pepsi was the first and only Coffee cola, even if it wasn't the greatest tasting. Coke tried a Pepsi Blue version it was called Fanta berry and it lived a shorter life then Pepsi Blue.

Another one comes to mind Crystal Pepsi, Coke came out with their version called Tab clear, that also lived a shorter life then Crystal Pepsi.

oh last thing I wanted to mention that most people seem to forget, 7 up came out before Sprite.

the saint
02-13-2005, 04:41 PM
Gee I think you forgot to mention that Diet Coke is a ripoff of Diet Rite, Pibb is a ripoff of Dr Pepper, Sprite is a ripoff of 7up(as previously stated) Dasani is a rip off of AquaFina. Holiday spice was a limited edition so therefore it wasn't "dropped" as I am sure you learned in your last Merchandiser meeting it's LIMITED availability was over. Pepsi Kona was a test market drink not a full production, I am sure your beloved coke doesn't run test markets because what ever they tell you is gospel huh? Yes you are right Pepsi Blue was dropped due to poor sales, where can I buy some berry fanta or maybe some of your delicious ramblin' root beer fanta, tab, or minutemaid fruitpunch??tell me clarke where???
Business pages report this as a "coffee flavored cola" (I wonder if they meant "coffee flavored soft drink") to be launched in USA/Canada by Coca-Cola in second quarter 05.

Blak?
would this be considered a ripoff of Pepsi Kona or not clarke???

[ 02-13-2005, 04:07 PM: Message edited by: the saint ]

the saint
02-13-2005, 04:50 PM
Also as far as yiou having 12 of the 20 ounces left of your holiday spice that you tried..It served its purpose, you Bought it! (unless you were given a sample) besides if Pepsi products are all so bad why did you want to try it in the first place????

fusion
02-13-2005, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by XLS_04:
Coke tried a Pepsi Blue version it was called Fanta berry and it lived a shorter life then Pepsi Blue.
They weren't even remotely similar. Fanta Berry was a fruity-flavored soda, Pepsi Blue was a berry flavored COLA.

Red Fusion RoX
02-13-2005, 09:13 PM
I NEVER ever saw Fanta Berry, so obviously Coke didn't have enough faith in it to even try and make it last (they knew it sucked). At least Pepsi is willing to try new things and Coke is ALWAYS a step behind.

ithastabeshasta
02-13-2005, 09:23 PM
Business pages report this as a "coffee flavored cola" (I wonder if they meant "coffee flavored soft drink") to be launched in USA/Canada by Coca-Cola in second quarter 05.

Blak?
would this be considered a ripoff of Pepsi Kona or not clarke??? [/QB]Coffee flavored cola/soda's have been tried by many different brands including Canada Dry as early as the late 1950's.

But I must agree that Coke lovers seem to think everything coca cola does is original even if they were not the first an example is Coca Cola with lime, sorry Shasta had a Lime Cola several years ago there could very well have been someone before Shasta I just happen to have tried some years ago so I know it was available in the USA.

ithastabeshasta
02-13-2005, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by Red Fusion RoX:
I NEVER ever saw Fanta Berry, so obviously Coke didn't have enough faith in it to even try and make it last (they knew it sucked). At least Pepsi is willing to try new things and Coke is ALWAYS a step behind. I did have some Fanta Berry I bought it in Wisconsin and as much as I hate to say it I really liked it. I must have been the only one though as it didn't last long.

mjb1124
02-13-2005, 09:48 PM
I don't see why people think Pepsi is any less innovative than Coke. The way I see it, the two companies are always trying to steal each other's thunder. Of course if one company announces a new product, the other is going to capitalize from it. Let's not forget that it was Pepsi that first announced a diet cola with Splenda (the new Pepsi One) and shortly afterwards Coke fired back.

Now I will say that Coke's "innovations" are generally more successful than Pepsi's. But then again, I think that's because Coke has a tendency to play it safe more than Pepsi - I mean, people were mixing Vanilla and Lime with cola for decades. Coke was just the first to make products that had them mixed already. Products like Pepsi Blue and Josta on the other hand were unheard of.

[ 02-13-2005, 08:49 PM: Message edited by: Mountain Dew Or Crab Juice? ]

turtleboy
02-13-2005, 10:08 PM
This was probably the first lime cola.
http://www.havanacola.com/

Hacksaw
02-13-2005, 11:07 PM
I had Coke mixed with Sprite way back in 1981. So, this is not all that original.

FYI, are really great tasting mix is cola with Orgeat/Almond. Try it!

XLS_04
02-15-2005, 02:04 AM
of course the big 2 will rip each others ideas off, it is business...if they see the other brand making profit from a certain flavor or packaging idea, then you bet they will create their own version of it.

halloaaryn
02-15-2005, 05:09 PM
COME ON.... theres only SO many ingredients in the world. At least they are trying new things!

swanker
03-11-2005, 07:15 PM
Pepsi with Lime is on it's way. We might have it sooner than later. It's already on our order forms here in NY. Might be at the end of the month or beginning of April.

MISTICman
03-12-2005, 01:00 AM
Fanta Berry was awesome! The had it in Danville for a little while. My boyfriend and I tried it and we both loved it! They didn't even try to put it out in Greensboro which had a bigger market. But hey...GSO doesn't even have Barq's and Danville does. Barq's, Berry Fanta, my boyfriend...I WISH I could move to Danville!

Vitamin Coke
04-19-2005, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by the saint:
Gee I think you forgot to mention that Diet Coke is a ripoff of Diet Rite, Pibb is a ripoff of Dr Pepper, Sprite is a ripoff of 7up(as previously stated) Dasani is a rip off of AquaFina. Holiday spice was a limited edition so therefore it wasn't "dropped" as I am sure you learned in your last Merchandiser meeting it's LIMITED availability was over. Pepsi Kona was a test market drink not a full production, I am sure your beloved coke doesn't run test markets because what ever they tell you is gospel huh? Yes you are right Pepsi Blue was dropped due to poor sales, where can I buy some berry fanta or maybe some of your delicious ramblin' root beer fanta, tab, or minutemaid fruitpunch??tell me clarke where???

Blak?
would this be considered a ripoff of Pepsi Kona or not clarke??? Oh jesus, I had to register to reply to this ridiculousness.

Dasani is a rip off of Aquafina?

Give me a break! Since when is the concept of "bottled water" a pepsi concept? Human kind has been putting water in containers for how many millenia now?

You pepsi lovers must be desperate if you're willing to claim credit for "water in containers". What else did Pepsi "INVENT"? carbonated water?

I do give Pepsi credit for Pepsi clear, though. But I give COKE even more credit for knowing that "Clear" Cola was a bad idea. So bad in fact that Coca Cola Enterprises mocked Pepsi and Pepsi clear by creating their own clear cola and putting it on their "throw away" brand "TAB".

Basically what Coke did is say "Yeah, Pepsi Clear what a great idea! NOT! Lets make our own clear cola but not ruin the Coke name.... We'll call it "TAB Clear". I can imagine the boys in the board room having a good laugh as they began bottling "Clear cola" in throw-away brand TAB labeling. They knew that the Coke name could not be involved in such garbage.

Also, Pepsi enthusiasts are claiming victory because CCE produced "Berry Fanta"? That's a reach. Fanta is a fruit-flavored brand making a fruit (berry) flavored soda. Pepsi is a cola brand making a fruit-based cola.

Now lets talk about "Holiday Spice", I do give PB credit on this, sincerely. They knew, in advance, it was not only a another bad idea but a real bad formula so they decided to claim it was "limited edition".

The public knew this is as well and didn't buy it. At one point you could buy the stuff for 1.29 a 20oz bottle. You can now find the stuff at your local 99 cent store, 4 for 99 cents.

Finally, 7up vs Sprite? Ok, I concede on this. 7up was first. But wait, what's that old yeller? 7-up isnt a pepsi brand? Ya don't say ole boy. What's that Ole yeller? Sprite outsells 7-up?

Pepsi is not only unoriginal, but the pepsi product itself is inferior. If I can't have a Coke, give me an RC Cola or C & C Cola over Imitation Coke(Pepsi) any time.

Brent
04-19-2005, 08:20 PM
So back to Pepsi Lime...

It is going to be rolled out nationally May 2nd. In my market (Central CA) we just got the 20oz. Pepsi Lime in and we'll be selling it in starting today. (I am a sales rep, btw)

Vitamin Coke
04-19-2005, 08:24 PM
I know what it is!

Pepsi invented LIME!

fusion
04-19-2005, 10:24 PM
And water, too.

:D

ramonazo
04-20-2005, 12:01 AM
Pepsi Twist was launched in Mexico, but this product had no success, so it was discontinued a few days before Coca-Cola Citra was launched. And now Coca-Cola citra has a great success with no competitor in the Lime Flavored Cola market in Mexico. By the way Pepsi launched another extension called "Pepsi Fire" and believe me, it tastes like crap!

the saint
04-20-2005, 11:11 AM
Did my post state that Pepsi invented bottled water? I think not it was merely a statement made to show a point that clarke and obviously your favorite company does NOT think up every idea first as some are led to believe.
As far as being a Pepsi lover, No I am not. I merely get frustated when people think just because Coke came out first before Pepsi well over 100 years ago that every single product from them is first and every single product from Pepsi is a ripoff,copycat whatever you want to call it.
If the post had been actually read rather than replied to as a quote it would have been noticed that there was only one product that was mentioned to be from Pepsi that Coke took as an idea and made a national brand from it. The other 3 are cadbury brands and I was wondering how that would make me a "Pepsi lover"?

bigrich
04-22-2005, 06:03 PM
I bought a fridgemate of Pepsi Lime today. I also spotted Diet Pepsi Lime. I was in Kokomo, IN and WIS-PAK has just released it. It came from Watertown, WI (WT). I have one chilling right know. I'll post a reply. It has not showed up in Indianapolis from Pepsi Americas.

bigrich
04-22-2005, 07:00 PM
Pepsi Lime is pretty tasty, I would have to say I usually prefer Coke products more, but I have to say Pepsi has Coke beat on this flavor.

halloaaryn
04-24-2005, 06:38 PM
BEST PEPSI PRODUCT.... ever!!!!!

<3 <3 <3

jmyjunk
04-25-2005, 01:46 PM
Bought 20oz Pepsi Lime and a fridge pack of Diet Pepsi Lime at King Soopers in Boulder CO.

Pepsi Lime- Way to strong of an after taste. In fact it tasted more like the zest(or skin) of the lime. It left a bit of a strong after taste.

Diet Pepsi Lime- Ok, but not that great. It is tasty. Seems the aspatame taste doesn't mix to well with the lime flavoring.

So mixed reviews on these new products.

[ 04-25-2005, 12:48 PM: Message edited by: jmyjunk ]

Cloey
04-25-2005, 07:16 PM
I live in Orlando, FL and they've had Pepsi Lime here for the past two and a half weeks (at least that's when I first noticed it). I'm hooked on it, it's absolutely delicious. My husband drinks the diet lime and he loves it as well.

As for Pepsi Blue, I LOVED Pepsi Blue! I was crushed when they quit making it. I'm secretly hoping that someday they will bring it back, it was a very good idea despite what you berry haters may think.

In short, Coke is lame, Pepsi rocks.

PepsiBlue
04-26-2005, 02:06 AM
Pepsi Lime is good, better than coke w/ lime
and as for pepsi blue, BRING IT BACK!

NewColaLover
04-26-2005, 11:52 PM
Has anyone seen Pepsi Lime in MI?

pepsidew
05-01-2005, 05:14 PM
we have pepsi lime in 12pks (reg & dt) 2lts (reg & dt) 20 oz (reg & dt) and 6pk .5lts (dt only) here in minnesota - i like it - i still like pepsi vanilla better - as for pepsi blue coming back, i highly doubt it...but you never know

NewColaLover
05-02-2005, 11:33 AM
Ann Arbor area now has Pepsi lime is 2 liters and 12 packs.

Acheron
05-03-2005, 02:13 PM
I'm sipping a Diet Pepsi w/ Lime right now, and in my opinion it is nowhere near as good as Diet Coke w/ Lime. The lime flavor seems too fake, and doesn't seem to fit as well with the flavor profile of Pepsi as well as it does with Coke.

A shame too - I think Pepsi Vanilla is as good as, if not better to Vanilla Coke. Guess they rushed this one to market without enough testing.

Kyle
05-03-2005, 04:09 PM
im an old fashion person.. stop putting fruit and junk in my soda, I think they are great just the way they are originally made.

halloaaryn
05-03-2005, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by Acheron:
A shame too - I think Pepsi Vanilla is as good as, if not better to Vanilla Coke. Guess they rushed this one to market without enough testing. um no.... Pepsi Lime has been around for YEARS as PEPSI TWIST elsewhere in the world...... It was hardly rushed.

Acheron
05-04-2005, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by halloaaryn:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Acheron:
A shame too - I think Pepsi Vanilla is as good as, if not better to Vanilla Coke. Guess they rushed this one to market without enough testing. um no.... Pepsi Lime has been around for YEARS as PEPSI TWIST elsewhere in the world...... It was hardly rushed. </font>[/QUOTE]Is Pepsi Lime the same formulation as Euro Pepsi Twist? There's a chance they used this opportunity to tweak the flavor for the American market.