PDA

View Full Version : Mandarin Orange Slice!

JordanE
11-04-2006, 02:17 AM
I just got back from driving from Iowa City back to my home in Las Vegas. Along the way I came across quite a few sodas that I haven't seen in quite sometime. The drink in question though is mandarin orange slice. I came across it in fountain form at a C-store somewhere in Nebraska, I know thats alittle vage but it was like 4:00 am. I bought a 44oz cup of it and trust me it was the real thing. My question is when was this last made or is it still being made. It tasted very fresh so it couldn't have been to old. Also is it very common? I did some searching and didn't find to much information on it. I personally have never seen it up untill now. Its been years since I have last had any form of slice other than the regular orange flavor. This IMO was much better.

I'm really tried right now from driving 22+ hours straght. If anyone is intrested i'll try to find wich town and c-store it was.

pepsipimp
11-04-2006, 09:41 AM
I have seen a few slice logos on the fountains around town only to find out that it is Tropicana Twister Orange and they never changed the tag.

JordanE
11-04-2006, 02:17 PM
This was no Tropicana Twister. It had a strong mandarin taste. They also where using an old logo with the black background.

jdavidb
11-06-2006, 10:49 AM
I loved that stuff so much! Wish it was still around. My dad claimed the diet orange slice flavor stayed exactly the same after the switch from mandarin, but I'm not sure I believed it, and the regular version definitely didn't.

Of course, it wasn't caffeinated, so that was a drawback.

CStoreCatMan
11-06-2006, 02:58 PM
Jordan...I hear what you're saying but Pepsi discontinued the entire Slice brand as a company to transition to the Tropicana Twister line. Even though it tasted like Slice, more than likely, it WAS Trop Twister Orange. Maybe it was a fresh bag of syrup or something, but its very common for old flavor tags to be left up. I don't know of any independent Pepsi bottlers that still carry Slice either...so not sure what to tell you.

JordanE
11-10-2006, 02:14 AM
The thing is they do not make a mandarin trop twister. And this was most deffinitally mandarin. Wich leaves me to believe that this was infact the real thing. I know that some times whats shown on the tag isn't what is actually being dispensid (sp?) but this time it was. I also know that pepsi no longer produces anything but Slice One. But trust me this was mandarin orange slice.

Ram0n C0keah0lic
11-10-2006, 03:40 PM
Here in Mex. we have that soda under the Mirinda brand name...

[ 11-10-2006, 02:42 PM: Message edited by: Ramón Cokeaholic ]