PDA

View Full Version : orange county chopper energy drink?

jarred067
11-23-2005, 03:23 PM
has anyone tried this yet, so far reviews are not good but I would like to try it before I believe ratings

Mr Zabe
11-23-2005, 05:23 PM
According to Paul Sr. if we don't start buying OCC energy drinks, he will let Mikey loose on our board. :D LMAO

I have not seen any OCC energy drinks or merchandise in my travels. I would dig a black OCC t-shirt.

[ 11-23-2005, 04:24 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

ramonazo
11-23-2005, 06:48 PM
Orange County Chopper, ichnt it chomeone who goech to chopping to the chupermarket or to the chopping chenter in the O'CHI?

kidding :D ...LOL

[ 11-23-2005, 05:53 PM: Message edited by: Ramón Coca-Colero ]

fusion
11-23-2005, 06:59 PM
I just saw it at 7-11 today.

Mr Zabe
11-23-2005, 07:09 PM
MrR
Orange Country Choppers has one the most popular cable shows named American Choppers. It is about a father and son who have designed and built the most awesome theme bikes.

The father, Paul Sr. has a very short fuse and blows up at his sons for the stupidest things. It's a real kick to see Paul Sr. try and chew out Paul Jr. and his younger brother Mikey. LOL By the way Mikey is the shop clown and appears to just hang around.

The show has a cult following. LOL

[ 11-23-2005, 06:10 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

ramonazo
11-23-2005, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by Mr Zabe:
MrR
Orange Country Choppers has one the most popular cable shows named American Choppers. It is about a father and son who have designed and built the most awesome theme bikes.

The father, Paul Sr. has a very short fuse and blows up at his sons for the stupidest things. It's a real kick to see Paul Sr. try and chew out Paul Jr. and his younger brother Mikey. LOL By the way Mikey is the shop clown and appears to just hang around.

The show has a cult following. LOL Oh! I got it!

I saw that show once, in the episode I saw, they were designing a Snap-On bike for an event. I saw it on a Discovery Networks channel called People & Arts...

I know now who are the OC Choppers!

People & Arts (http://tupeople.com/americanchopper/_home/index.shtml)

[ 11-23-2005, 06:45 PM: Message edited by: Ramón Coca-Colero ]

greg
11-30-2005, 01:49 PM
Another example of overexposure. I love OCC and its Brand.....that being being choppers. Why in the world do these guys need to get into energy drinks. For that matter, why does Steven Seagal, Deon Sanders, Jerry Rice, etc. All they are doing is selling a name. The drinks will spike early and fall flat just as quick.
Example: Stallone brought out his on sports nutrition line. It was marketed with glossy photos of "Sly" with his shirt off and working out. Well he did get some good initial sales but people soon found out there was more hype than substance in his products. He soon will be closing shop.
g
g

Mr Zabe
11-30-2005, 02:01 PM
Why....why not?

The more cash you have the more you want to make.
These successful people are given large amounts of cash for little or no work besides some promotion work.

In exchange these "stars" get more play money to lavish on themselves or even donate to charity.

It's all cash.

ramonazo
11-30-2005, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by greg:
Another example of overexposure. I love OCC and its Brand.....that being being choppers. Why in the world do these guys need to get into energy drinks. For that matter, why does Steven Seagal, Deon Sanders, Jerry Rice, etc. All they are doing is selling a name. The drinks will spike early and fall flat just as quick.
Although it's a sport drink, we have to mention Powerade LeBron James' FLAVA23...

greg
11-30-2005, 05:57 PM
I understand that making money is important. The problem I have is that celebrities come into a new arena to which they know little or nothing about and essentially "water down " the whole category.
They use their name or face to make money instead of doing solid research to come up with a better product. It hurts the category as a whole.
Suppose I start to build choppers just like the ones that OCC builds. Same Look, Same engine, Same schemes/themes. These guys would be all over me for copying them instead of coming up with my own idea.
If you look at all of these celebrity energy drinks they are all the same. A close knock off of Red Bull manufactured and packaged by some contract filler and probably sent DSD.All they do is cash checks.
g

Mr Zabe
11-30-2005, 08:21 PM
Well the drink business is a completely different animal from lets say the chopper business.

If a drink is not good or up to par and a customer does not buy it.....the company has lost a customer. Taste and perceived quality of the drink are mostly irrational perceptions.

If a chopper does not start up or the back fender flys off.....the chopper is not going to please a customer laying out $100,000. There could legal problems and other set backs for the chopper company.

It's a matter of scale. All companies try to strive for good to excellent quality products.
If I drink X drink and it tastes bad, I will have lost $2. For $2 I'm going to rant about on this board but I'm not going to sue drink X.

The market for products and services is a free system. Good products get rewarded with profits, bad products die in the red.

Cash is cash...one man's feast is another man's waste. And so it goes. smile.gif

[ 11-30-2005, 07:26 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

RunWithDaLilGuy
12-01-2005, 12:00 AM
guys...all of these energy drinks are just produced by copackers anyway...

gluek brewing is the largest producer of energy drinks in the world

www.gluek.com (http://www.gluek.com)

greg
12-01-2005, 10:45 AM
MR. Zabe,
I agree with your business philosphy...Cash Is Cash, howver you bring up a good point."It's a matter of scale. All companies try to strive for good to excellent quality products." This is what we do as beverage manufactures and marketers.
These celebrities are in it to make a quick buck. If the sell $1mm worth of product and make 5OOK then the bottom falls out what have they lost? Nothing. They gained half a million dollars. I'm all for people making money.
But at the same rate, what have they done to the beverage business and this particular category. ZILCH. All they have done is take away, albeit temporarily, a customer from someone who is dedicated to making quality drinks and building a brand.
G

Mr Zabe
12-01-2005, 11:06 AM
My last two cents.

Drink companies have no greater right to keep a customer than they do to loose a customer. Like we said the scale is different. To be honest I'm not concerned how dedicated a company is to making quality drinks or to bulding a brand.

I concerned if the drinks taste good at the right price. I'm a consumer of drinks and not a stock holder in the company. smile.gif :cool: :cool:

[ 12-01-2005, 10:11 AM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]