PDA

View Full Version : Sprite Remix

SamC
02-25-2003, 08:18 PM
Reported in USA Today as the first Sprite line extension.

Described as a "tropical" version of Sprite. Will be clear.

fusion
02-25-2003, 08:24 PM
"Sprite Remix, which will have a tropical flavor, is scheduled to appear in late spring."

Coke, Pepsi Launch New Drinks (http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20030225/ap_on_bi_ge/sprite_mountain_dew_1)

Terry K
02-26-2003, 02:56 AM
We can thank Canada for being the test bed for this one. I strongly suspect that Sprite Tropical will taste identical to 7up Tropical Splash sold in Canada.

XLS_03
02-26-2003, 06:53 AM
so they finally chose a name to go with. it was down to Sprite Tropical Mix, Sprite Tropical Remix, and Sprite Remix.

They hinted going with the name Sprite Tropical Remix but I guess they changed there mind, It will most likely be a big seller.

Terry K
02-26-2003, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by XLS_03:
so they finally chose a name to go with. it was down to Sprite Tropical Mix, Sprite Tropical Remix, and Sprite Remix.

They hinted going with the name Sprite Tropical Remix but I guess they changed there mind, It will most likely be a big seller.Sprite Remix sounds like its an inferior soda. The name alone sounds like they're taking expired concentrate and adding something to it.

If you ask *me*, They'd been better off calling it tropical Sprite.

fusion
02-26-2003, 01:50 PM
Actually, if you look at the pictures posted on the Coke website, the word tropical is on the cans.

http://www2.coca-cola.com/presscenter/img/imagebrands/sm_sprite_remix.jpg

fusion
02-26-2003, 01:52 PM
I also just realized that the dynamic ribbon device is on the cans, behind the logo. I wonder if this is a hint of things to come for the new Sprite graphics?

karks88
02-26-2003, 02:55 PM
I'm sure it will taste decent. I think original Sprite can be a little bland at times (yes, for some reason I do like Sierra Mist better).

However, I'd be interested to know what those of you inside the industry think of Coke and Pepsi rolling out new products every few months. Are they just throwing money at the wall and hoping it sticks?

Terry K
02-26-2003, 04:35 PM
I for one like the new products every so often...it keeps things fresh and interesting. granted some of it is the 'let's hope it sticks', but really, the big 3 (Coke, Pepsi, DPSU) all seem to do a good job being creative.

RunWithDaLilGuy
02-26-2003, 09:27 PM
i think that those sprite cans are really fereaking awesome. i dunnno, that's just me...

blammo!

Shatter
02-27-2003, 01:38 AM
Great design. Just from that standpoint, it'll get a lot of people to try it out. Whether the taste will keep them coming back for more, who knows.

XLS_03
02-27-2003, 05:13 AM
Very nice design, the whole thing just comes together. Glad they didnt use that spray paint logo like on the Korean packaging. Anyone know what the new graphics will look like for regular Sprite yet?

SURGE
03-25-2003, 02:04 PM
Hey just got back from Saudi Arabia, been a long time. Nice to be back! Anyways I think these new cans look very kick ass. Coke seems to be right on lately in the graphics department. Pepsi always used to be better at packaging but now Coke is simply number 1.

drpep
03-25-2003, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by SURGE:
Hey just got back from Saudi Arabia, been a long time. So aahhh do um they a have any interesting sodas over there??

Cynical
03-31-2003, 12:12 AM
I saw some sprite remix in a 20oz on ebay..Don't know if it's real or not but it has a picture.

Cynical
03-31-2003, 12:15 AM
doh..forgot to put link. am i retarded or what? http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3601235702&category=13603

datruth
03-31-2003, 02:28 AM
Sounds like a rip off of dnL.

Terry K
03-31-2003, 04:22 AM
Originally posted by Cynical:
doh..forgot to put link. am i retarded or what? http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3601235702&category=13603We at the salute confirm that's a real bottle. I'm dying to get my hands on it.

RunWithDaLilGuy
04-06-2003, 06:57 PM
hey in canada, this guy zeni (in prod location) says there's "sprite ice" a mint flavored sprite. it's blue too (maybe what's in korea?)

check it out.

http://www.bevnet.com/bevboard/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=12;t=000048

XLS_03
04-07-2003, 05:21 AM
Well I guess it's safe to say Sprite Tropical Remix will not be released in Canada. The Sprite Ice I think would do very well. In Belguim they realeased there version of Sprite Ice called Sprite Ice Cube.

[ 04-07-2003, 04:23 AM: Message edited by: XLS_03 ]

Terry K
04-07-2003, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by XLS_03:
Well I guess it's safe to say Sprite Tropical Remix will not be released in Canada. The Sprite Ice I think would do very well. In Belguim they realeased there version of Sprite Ice called Sprite Ice Cube.I dunno about that...there *IS* 7up Tropical Splash already sold there.

Zeni
04-08-2003, 12:04 AM
Sprite Ice itself is not blue, the bottle however has a blue label, the drink is clear, it tastes a bit odd at first, but once you get to the 3rd sip it's pretty good, though I don't recommend drinking it all really fast, that tends to ruin the taste and a persons opinion of a new product really quickly.

I had checked out the Sprite website last night and saw "Sprite Ice Cube" it's the same thing, not sure if where I am is just a test market or if they plan on releasing it in full force.

If you get the chance to try Sprite Ice I fully recommend it, it's interesting to say the least.

XLS_03
04-16-2003, 09:25 PM
someone said this was sold in 20oz bottles in TX and CT. Is it sold anywhere else? It is not sold in RI yet.

fusion
04-16-2003, 11:40 PM
Nationwide sampling is supposed to be April 26th at all Wally Worlds. We are actually having a meeting about it tomorrow morning. Don't know if it is in the warehouse or not, yet.

karks88
04-17-2003, 09:22 AM
National sampling? Sounds like they are going to put some money behind this one.

MDCoke
04-17-2003, 08:29 PM
Well....saw Sprite Tropical today at Sheetz, but I am afraid to try it. I might like it...then Coke will bring its demise like everything else I have liked...Citra, Surge, MEllow Yellow Melon...sigh

Cynical
04-17-2003, 09:09 PM
I tried Sprite Remix Earlier today, It's pretty good. Also, I found an article about sprite ice with a picture of the bottle :+)

Cynical
04-17-2003, 09:15 PM
Damnit..That's the second time i did that. http://www.newswire.ca/releases/April2003/09/c9159.html

SamC
04-19-2003, 03:27 PM
Saw bottled Sprite Remix in the store today. Saving a taste test for later.

The bottle is clear. But its the trademarked Sprite bottle.

This has to be a burden on the production line. A full line bottler would have:

The trademarked Coke bottle
The trademarked Sprite bottle, now in green and clear
The bottle that Coke uses for its flavors (Fanta, Pibb, etc) in clear, green and frosted blue (for Danasi water).
A generic bottle, because Coke won't let other brand flavors be sold in the Coke flavors bottles, in clear and green.
And many Coke bottlers use the dedicated Dr. Pepper bottle.

And, in my area, singles are 20 oz, but 6-packs are 16.9 oz. That is a lot of bottles. Contrast to Pepsi, which puts everything, including non-Pepsi brands it might distribute, in a Pepsi bottle, in clear or green.

Hacksaw
04-19-2003, 08:15 PM
Sprite Remix makes it sound like they poured a bunch of unsold Spite into a vat, added some other flavors, then rebottled it! :D

Now, Remastered Music recordings normally get better from modern signal processing, but "Sprite Remix" makes it sound like the original wasn't good enough.

Zeni
04-20-2003, 02:25 AM
Originally posted by Cynical:
I tried Sprite Remix Earlier today, It's pretty good. Also, I found an article about sprite ice with a picture of the bottle :+)Glad that can officially verify my picture and info from my other post.

Terry K
04-20-2003, 06:19 AM
Originally posted by SamC:
This has to be a burden on the production line. A full line bottler would have:

The bottle that Coke uses for its flavors (Fanta, Pibb, etc) in clear, green and frosted blue (for Danasi water).
A generic bottle, because Coke won't let other brand flavors be sold in the Coke flavors bottles, in clear and green.
And many Coke bottlers use the dedicated Dr. Pepper bottle.
I have obtained a Cactus Cooler from CCE in a standard shock bottle (eg, the fanta/pibb/second rate ones)

karks88
04-20-2003, 08:24 AM
Ok, Sheetz has Remix and I got around to trying some last night. I don't think it's something I'd buy again. It's definitely got a strong odor, which I don't mind, but the taste just stays with me a bit too long. The whole thing is a little overpowering.

SplitLevelP
04-20-2003, 12:27 PM
Had my first one yesterday and i give it 3.5 out of 5 and the part that took away was the bite was jaw tingly and but overall I would get again but not my fav. However I would love to try sprite ice.

RunWithDaLilGuy
04-21-2003, 12:45 AM
i've only seen cactus cooler and stuff like tahitian treat, dr pepper and squirt in the cone shaped bottle whatever it's called.

i haven't seen the dedicated dr pepper bottle iwth the dr pepper imprint in a while.

SURGE
04-21-2003, 02:35 PM
Well i'm not a big lemon lime guy so i suppose that it doesnt mean much when i say i like it betetr than regular. Its not great but i might buy it every now and again. Nothing special but refreshing.

XLS_03
04-21-2003, 03:48 PM
I give it a 3 out of 5 rating.

The Doomite
04-21-2003, 08:06 PM
I know it's been forever since I posted in here last, but I had to try out Sprite Remix N give y'all my opinion of it. Stopped by to check out the Board and decided to see if I could get me a bottle of the stuff. Needless to say,l I got some. Now how to describe it..... It definitely has a "tropical" type flavor to it, I actually can't really taste any real resemblance of the regular Sprite. I like it. Whether or not I'll buy more of it remains to be seen, but the flavor isn't bad really. The Doomite Is Out! : :eek: :

Ron Swedelson
04-21-2003, 08:27 PM
I did not like it much...well, let me try that again. It was very weird and way to sweet for me. I will try the bottle again, but as of right now it is not my beverage of choice.

chrisok
04-21-2003, 08:54 PM
I talked the Coke Sales lady into fishing me out a couple of bottles today. I liked it. Might actually buy it from time to time.

RunWithDaLilGuy
04-23-2003, 08:02 PM
tried sprite remix today in the 20oz.

i've never been a big fan of tropical fruit flavoring in general, from gums and stuff to cough syrups i mean it's all bad bad bad.

so this was bad too.

i'm glad i could still taste the sprite and this wasn't just a tropical fruit soda with a recognizable brand name.

i just don't like tropical fruit in general...

fusion
04-23-2003, 08:30 PM
According to the website, Remix is supposed to be strawbery + pineapple in addition to the lemon + lime flavor of Sprite.

Sprite Remix (http://www.spriteremix.com)

T.I.A.
04-24-2003, 01:03 AM
As the general consensus here seems to be that Remix has a peachy flavor, I think we have made a major discovery: strawberry + pineapple = peach!

Speaking of pineapple flavors, I had a dnL yesterday, and the flavor that struck me the most was that of pineapple life savers...

The Doomite
05-17-2003, 02:41 AM
Peach? Hmmmmmm, I'll have to think about that the next time I have a bottle. It kinda tastes like banana to me, but that could be just my whacked out taste buds... *laughs* I've been drinking more Remix lately, it's really pretty good. I have a connection in Canada that's gonna hook me up with a bottle of Sprite Ice too, looking forward to trying it. Tried my first Mt. Dew Livewire a few days ago, kinda reminded me of McDonals's Orange Drink. But again, my taste buds could be off... *LOL* The Doomite Is Out! :eek:

fusion
05-17-2003, 08:20 PM
Nothing compares to the original McD's orange drink.

Hacksaw
05-17-2003, 09:20 PM
I tried it last week. I don't know about a peach flavor, though. It is on the weak on flavor side. :(

It's also now showing up in 2 liter sizes.

Shatter
05-18-2003, 12:40 AM
Sprite Remix has shown up around here in Fridge Packs.

teamtitan512
05-18-2003, 12:41 AM
I tried it, and thought it was disgusting. In the former Herbco PA territory, Sprite Remix is available in 20 oz., 12 pack, and 2 liter.

RunWithDaLilGuy
05-20-2003, 10:10 PM
the kids are buying it though... it was 2 for 1 so one of the people that works at our store picked up two cases of 20oz from a meijer's instead of paying coke for it. we'd have to buy like 10 cases for the 2 for 1. i'd only take a gamble like that on VC or CC.

ben
03-24-2004, 01:47 AM
tropical sprite remix is in my top 10