PDA

View Full Version : Orange Crush Yea or Nay

Mr Zabe
11-07-2006, 09:10 PM
I picked up some Orange Crush for tonight's election returns. LOL

I have not drank a good batch of Orange Crush in a long time. What's your thought on Orange Crush?
Tks

iluvsurge220
11-07-2006, 10:19 PM
YAY!!! I think Slice is better though. Crush is really good.

Ram0n C0keah0lic
11-07-2006, 10:40 PM
is Good...

Rob The SURGE Drinker
11-07-2006, 10:42 PM
i like to have an orange crush in glass from walmart from time to time. its a nice orange. slice was better, though.

Mr Zabe
11-07-2006, 10:47 PM
I just drank a semi frozen can of OC. I left it in the freezer to cool down and sort of forgot about it. LOL

OC has a nice rounded sweetness. Not having caffeine is a good thing for this soda pop. I enjoyed it and will give it 8 out of 10 on my scale of soda pop satisfaction. OC is a good orange soda pop;an oldie but goodie Big Three soda pop.

[ 11-07-2006, 09:50 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

Blue Efficacy
11-08-2006, 07:18 AM
Crush cannot be found around here, except in 6 pack glass bottles at a few retailers...

NRGSLLR@
11-08-2006, 10:04 AM
Target Has 6 packs. Walmart has 6 packs all glass bottles, the best way to consume it in opinion. In Detroit they sell a 16oz NR Glass Crush all flavors at most Convenience and Grocery Stores.

NRGSLLR@
11-08-2006, 10:05 AM
Blue Efficacy, Most Holiday stores carry Crush as well

NRGSLLR@
11-08-2006, 10:07 AM
Sorry Zabe I forgot to answer your initial question, speaking as a former Crush Distributor, I love Orange Crush. Best orange out there in my opinion. I am also a fan of Peach, Strawberry and Grape.

Mr Zabe
11-08-2006, 10:16 AM
I would so dig getting my paws on peach crush.
I have not heard or seen it by my parts. Just grape,orange and strawberry.

[ 11-08-2006, 09:17 AM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

treetoptom
11-08-2006, 11:59 AM
Orange Crush was the hands-down winner of our workplace Orange Soda taste-test. We later had a mini-test for the 12 oz. Mexi Crush returnable vs. a 12 oz. US bottle, which Mexi Crush won by a single ballot. Last month we had an international/regional/nostalgic soda tasting for our entire department (130 beverages) where we had one of the oddly red-colored 2L bottles of Crush from Mexico. It was a completely different taste (not so good) and color than the 12 oz. returnable and was trounced by a 2L Crush from the US as well as Orange Fantas from Russia and Austria.

Ram0n C0keah0lic
11-08-2006, 12:28 PM
Here in Mexico, Orange Crush is available in all the supermarkets... and recently changed its logo, giving it a retro style... here's a pic of the 2 liter bottle that fusion posted some months ago...

http://www.bevnet.com/bevboard/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=003849;p=1#0000 01

[ 11-08-2006, 11:32 AM: Message edited by: Ramón Cokeaholic ]

dahojo
11-08-2006, 01:55 PM
The West Jefferson Orange Crush is even better.

Blue Efficacy
11-08-2006, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by NRGSLLR@:
Blue Efficacy, Most Holiday stores carry Crush as well Not around here, no major bottler has distribution rights for Crush in the Minneapolis area.
The only option is the direct distro six pack glass bottles, which few stores carry. At a premium price mind you! Hahaha

jdavidb
11-09-2006, 02:21 PM
Homemade Grape Crush ice cream was one of my favorite childhood memories.

01GTB
11-09-2006, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by dahojo:
The West Jefferson Orange Crush is even better. See, you don't need to say things like that. I am going to WJ week after next and you have added yet another to the list. I'm gonna end up spending $6-800 there, I just know it! Thanks alot :D

Popboy
11-11-2006, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by NRGSLLR@:
Sorry Zabe I forgot to answer your initial question, speaking as a former Crush Distributor, I love Orange Crush. Best orange out there in my opinion. I am also a fan of Peach, Strawberry and Grape. Whoa! Crush makes Peach flavoured soda as well? Damn, just when I thought "Crush Pineapple" and Crush Birch Beer" were the best flavours...

Ever since they changed the packaging for Crush Orange/Grape, for some reason they both don't taste as good as they used to. Grape Crush, almost tastes like carbonated Dimetapp Cough Syrup.

Mr Zabe
11-12-2006, 12:52 AM
Speaking of grape. I picked up a few cans of a local store brand (Jewel Foods) grape soda pop. Besides the normal HFCS and or sugar sweetner it has a touch or real grape juice.

I must say,this grape soda pop gave me flash backs of Nehi Grape. smile.gif Tasty with a real sweet finish. I must pick up a 12 pk asap. LOL

[ 11-11-2006, 11:52 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

RunWithDaLilGuy
11-12-2006, 03:26 PM
from what i've gathered there are the following:

orange
diet/light orange
strawberry
cherry
grape
sparkling tropical punch
pineapple
peach

in canada there are others, including "blue cream soda"

jdavidb
11-12-2006, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by Mr Zabe:
Speaking of grape. I picked up a few cans of a local store brand (Jewel Foods) grape soda pop. Besides the normal HFCS and or sugar sweetner it has a touch or real grape juice.

I must say,this grape soda pop gave me flash backs of Nehi Grape. smile.gif Tasty with a real sweet finish. I must pick up a 12 pk asap. LOL I always liked "Rocky Top Grape," which was available here in DFW, TX at Sack and Save and some Wonder Breads bakeries. When Sack and Save switched to "Hy Top" brand sodas, they didn't seem to be as good. Wonder Bread continued to carry Rocky Top for awhile, but then they disappeared.

I miss that generic brand.

Popboy
11-12-2006, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by RunWithDaLilGuy:
from what i've gathered there are the following:

orange
diet/light orange
strawberry
cherry
grape
sparkling tropical punch
pineapple
peach

in canada there are others, including "blue cream soda" Add Crush Lime to that list...

kc2037
11-13-2006, 03:09 AM
Originally posted by jdavidb:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Mr Zabe:

I must say,this grape soda pop gave me flash backs of Nehi Grape. smile.gif Tasty with a real sweet finish. I must pick up a 12 pk asap. LOL I always liked "Rocky Top Grape," which was available here in DFW, TX at Sack and Save and some Wonder Breads bakeries. When Sack and Save switched to "Hy Top" brand sodas, they didn't seem to be as good. Wonder Bread continued to carry Rocky Top for awhile, but then they disappeared.

I miss that generic brand. </font>[/QUOTE]Yeah I've always loved Rocky Top grape. They still have it in Lufkin, TX at the Brookshire Bros.

DGibb
11-13-2006, 03:32 AM
Yea, definitely. Still sold in the wonderful glass bottles, and other flavors are even better!

Personally, I think the others are better, such as Peach, Pineapple, Strawberry, and especially Tropical Fruit.

reset man
11-13-2006, 07:20 AM
Love the CRUSH Strawberry in 12oz. glass!!

jdavidb
11-13-2006, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by kc2037:
Yeah I've always loved Rocky Top grape. They still have it in Lufkin, TX at the Brookshire Bros. Wow! I was hoping somebody could tell me Rocky Top was still in existence! (Or at least what happened to it.)

We don't have Brookshires in my area, but my wife's hometown does. Next time I visit my in-laws I'll tell my wife we're taking a soda trip. smile.gif

Mr Zabe
11-17-2006, 04:44 PM
I know I'm blabbing like a soda pop freak
smitten by the enjoyment of Orange Crush. :D
Drinking Orange Crush this past week has been a labor of pure taste and carbonation amazement. I can't remember ever enjoying an orange soda pop that his hit such perfect taste and carbonation notes as Orange Crush. :D :cool: :D

[ 11-17-2006, 03:44 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

Blue Efficacy
11-17-2006, 10:26 PM
Boylan's is my favorite orange pop.

Splashofdew
11-18-2006, 02:51 AM
I love Crush. I used to have a orange tshirt when I was a kid that said Crush on it. It's my fave orange soda. Havn't had it in awhile.I like Sunkist second choice.

David J.
11-18-2006, 05:18 PM
I like Adirondack Beverages orange soda the best. It is nicely carbonated, with a sweet finsh.

billygtexas
11-19-2006, 05:13 PM
I love Orange Crush, still the best Orange Soda around. I wish Wal-Mart would let them stock the full line of Crush products in 2 liters here.

The last time I saw Rocky Top Soda was at a Aldi grocery store in Wichita KS about 4 years ago. We bought the root beer and I remember it having a very strange taste.

And all the Hy-Top sodas from Brookshires and Super 1 stores in Kilgore and Longview TX I've tried are mediocre. It only sells when they discount it cheap for 39 cents for a 2 liter.

David J.
11-26-2006, 05:15 PM
I bought a 20oz Orange Crush which happened to appear at one c-store near my house, and I wasn't too impressed.

It tasted like the Fanta Orange I had in the Domnican Republic... which wasn't much better than the US version.

Oh yeah.. there's 12-packs of Fanta Zero in NY now.

01GTB
11-26-2006, 07:06 PM
I bought two cases of Orange Nehi, Sunkist and Crush from West Jefferson. It's a tough call after only having a couple of each, but I believe so far Crush is my favorite.

[ 11-26-2006, 06:07 PM: Message edited by: 01GTB ]

RubberDucky
11-26-2006, 07:07 PM
i like orange crush.. but i think orange slice and sunkist are better

Mr Zabe
11-26-2006, 07:08 PM
Was it past the fresh date?
Old (out of date) Orange Crush does not taste good. I tend not to buy soda pop from C-Store coolers with out checking the code for birth or fresh dates.

David J.
11-26-2006, 08:14 PM
Well, it hasn't been there long... so I kind of doubt that it's outdated.

RubberDucky
11-26-2006, 08:55 PM
when did they change the packaging???? i havent seen it if they did.. anyone got a pic????