PDA

View Full Version : Orange Crush

Jency328
02-16-2005, 03:44 PM
hello,

for my marketing management class, we are coming up with new strategies for orange crush. however, there is no information out there on it! it's not even on the cadbury schweppes website or dr pepper/7up.

can anyone fill me in on what Crush has been doing the past 10 years? the case we're working on only gives us information til 1989. why isn't it being promoted? where is it being sold internationally? what has the US been doing in terms of promotion and advertising?

any information on Orange Crush would be extremely helpful. thank you!

fusion
02-16-2005, 11:00 PM
Zero promotion and advertising, as far as I can tell. It enjoys a stable amount of sales, because it is sold through Wal-Mart and their vast network of stores.

They did add a Crush Light.. last year? It's got 50% less calories than the original.

Crush is still big in Mexico.

http://www.cadburymexico.com.mx/galeria_f.html

Cadbury sold the rights to their sodas in most countries to Coca-Cola a few years back. I'm not sure where else Crush is sold, though.. except that I do know it is also sold in Canada.

teamtitan512
02-17-2005, 12:42 AM
Pepsi sells it in Canada I think. Coke sells Minute Maid up there, and the RC bottler does C-Plus (which is Sunkist in disguise, I think).

Crush used to be sold in Central PA in areas where Keystone Coca-Cola/Herbco had Sunkist. However, CCE bought them, they all now have Sunkist instead. Some fourth-tier bottler has Crush in that area, but other than them, Wal-Mart (and Giant-MD) are the only places to find Crush, and only glass bottles at that.

I believe Pepsi sells it in Marion, IL and in New Orleans. It's sold in some places in the South where Pepsi has Sunkist, like Atlanta, Charlotte, and down into Florida.

bigrich
02-17-2005, 05:53 PM
ABC sell Crush in the Indianapolis area in Orange, Strawberry, & Grape. ABC sells both Sunkist & Crush here.

[ 02-17-2005, 07:32 PM: Message edited by: bigrich ]

RunWithDaLilGuy
02-17-2005, 06:20 PM
there are no third tier bottlers. coke does c-plus in canada.

ABC has let idnependent, what we call "fourth tier" distributors handle crush. they own both that and sunkist, and let the two battle it out. in detroit, they make it in 16oz glass bottles.

craz22
02-17-2005, 09:25 PM
Wal-Mart in Kansas Has the "Crush"!!!

Sea bass
02-18-2005, 07:40 PM
Crush is distributed through Pepsi in Canada. No promotions here either, but in is a steady seller.