PDA

View Full Version : McD's New China Soda Pops

Mr Zabe
11-10-2006, 10:15 AM
This looks to be very interesting. McD's has introduced some new soda pop's in it's Chinese resturants. Could this be the start of the new "Golden" age of soda pops? LOL

McD's Chinese Soda Pops (http://www.suntimes.com/business/131261,CST-FIN-mcd10.article)

[ 11-10-2006, 09:17 AM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

rackitup
11-10-2006, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by Mr Zabe:
This looks to be very interesting. McD's has introduced some new soda pop's in it's Chinese resturants. Could this be the start of the new "Golden" age of soda pops? LOL
Interesting, I was afraid 2 check out the link, I recently went 2 an Authentic Chinese Multi Course Dinner and the first 5 courses were unrecognizable.

BTW have U heard McD's is going 2 put coolers in it's locations 2 sell differen't beverages from? Not just Coke Product's either.

David J.
11-10-2006, 03:49 PM
So yeah... how did that test market where MCD's had coolers do?

I'm suprised that many mcdonalds have a rather limited drink selection... considering how close they are to mcdonalds and the size of coke's product line.

popologist
11-10-2006, 05:29 PM
i like the sound of that spicy fish sandwich. smile.gif

jmyjunk
11-10-2006, 08:55 PM
This is what McD need to be doing here in the US to drive buisness. A spicy fish sandwich sounds good.

Though, in reality, McDonalds needs to get back to its basic core, which made them the success they are, Burgers, Fries, Shakes and Drinks. Period.

Mr Zabe
11-10-2006, 09:20 PM
I agree.
Hot 100% meat burgers that fit the whole bun, served on a real warm toasted bun,original animal fat French fries and real sugar cain Cokes.....Man what a treat this would be. Oh, bring back the fried apple and cherry pies too.

Old school, live hard die hard!!!!!!

[ 11-10-2006, 08:24 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

jblaviback
11-11-2006, 01:10 AM
The extra strong rootbeer sounds great!

the saint
11-11-2006, 07:09 AM
mmmmmmmmmmmmm fried pies mmmmmmmmmmmmmm
man I miss those. wasn't anything in the world like biting into something that would instantly scald your tongue and roof of your mouth, and taste so good at the same time.

McDs needs to do as jmyjunk says, do away with all the salads and stuff, burgers fries drinks and shakes, I will even add chicken mcnuggets since my daughter would kill me if she knows I said only burgers and fries, haha. The premium stuff and the grilled stuff etc needs to go the way of the dodo bird. I think if people want healthy food they aren't gonna go to mcd anyway.

Mr Zabe
11-11-2006, 12:07 PM
Saint,
Omg...I used to singe my mouth on those fried pies. For a real kick I would knock back a fresh coke with an apple pie just for the shear pleasure / pain of it. LOLOLOL Gosh the good old days when grease was grease and clogged arteries were not a worry. LOL

the saint
11-11-2006, 09:49 PM
Those pies were like getting a steaming hot slice of pizza and taking a bite only to have the cheese "strings" fall against your chin and then swing under to your neck. Damn those thing burnt like hell, but man were they good.

popologist
11-12-2006, 07:10 AM
does anyone still make the fried pies? white castle, maybe?

Mr Zabe
11-12-2006, 09:20 AM
I have yet to find fried "McD's original" style pies in any fast food resturant,at least in the Chicago land area.