PDA

View Full Version : novelty soft drink retail store

xfile
03-10-2003, 12:20 AM
I live in a town of 15,000 people in Northern Minnesota. The town is a university and tourism area.

I have located a building about two blocks from the university. I think there would be a fair amount of foot traffic because of the students and because the store is located on the main roadway through town. It would seem to me that because this would be a new business the initial sales would be higher than the normal baseline after the novelty wore off.

On the other hand, this store would feature non alcoholic beverages from all over the world that in itself would twique peoples curiousity on a regular basis. I guess I just have my doubts about curiousity tranforming to enough sales to replace my current income running a soft drink and full line vending company.

Anybody out there have any comments?

Terry K
03-10-2003, 02:07 AM
There's also the internet. If pulled off right, you could make a comfortable living selling sodas online and bricks & mortar.

sodasommelier
03-11-2003, 12:52 AM
I've helped about a dozen people do just that. It's really simple. I can fill a container with an assortment of 1350 cases among which you can have like 800 different types in glass. Then you set up a massive display and turn your place into the talk of the town. You may find that the internet is already pretty well set up but for your local region it may work for you in that shipping is cheaper from a closer source.