PDA

View Full Version : flavor extensions not doing well

doulasc
11-17-2006, 09:42 PM
It seems all the flavor extensions have not done well.Cherry Coke is one that has done well since
it first came out in 1985.Does anyone remember
Cherry RC Cola,that did not last.
Vanilla Coke was not around long before it was
replaced with Black Cherry Vanilla which I hear
will be gone next year.Cherry Vanilla Dr.Pepper
I hear is not selling well.Coke with Lime I will
not be surprised if completly gone by mid 2007.
Pepsi Lime is gone along with Vanilla Pepsi.
I hear a rumor that Raspberry Coke is coming.
It will not sell well.
What is this I hear about Vault disappearing.
Don't you think Coca Cola is contradicting themselves by bringing out Red Blitz Vault?
On Pepsi's website still lists Lime and Vanilla
but states not available in all areas.

Thanks

Doug

the saint
11-17-2006, 11:31 PM
cherry rc is still alive and well in my parts, as is cherry vanilla dr pepper. Pepsi lime and vanilla are still here too. Just because something may not be doing well in your neck of the woods does not mean that it will be discontinued on a national level.

doulasc
11-18-2006, 10:33 AM
That is true,maybe some sodas will be a regional
thing.For example.Caffine free Dr.pepper is not
availabe in the Columbus Ohio market.It is in
Cincinnati.

Doug

XLS_04
11-19-2006, 02:01 AM
There were several years cherry Coke was not doing well but Coca-Cola in Atlanta kept it. Cherry Coke started to gain sales in 2002 when they changed their graphics. For some reason sales have been up since then.

As far as Vanila Coke, well I think Coca-Cola made a mistake getting rid of it entirely to introduce Coke Black Cherry Vanilla (which did awful from the start). Coca-Cola Blak is another one that did awful from the start as well. The sales of Vanilla Coke nationally were higher than Caffeine Free Coke but they wanted to leave shelf space and try something new I guess.

Dr. Pepper made a big hit with Cherry Vanilla Dr. Pepper so Coca-Cola wanted their version I suppose.

Ram0n C0keah0lic
11-19-2006, 01:24 PM
Here in Mexico the only last extension that survived... is Caffeine Free Coca-Cola Light