PDA

View Full Version : Surge vs Vault

doulasc
11-17-2006, 09:46 PM
I am sorry to say that I do not think Vault
is anything like Surge.I was a Surge addict.
When I went to Steak and Shake I always got
a Surge float.I miss them.
I liked the green color surge had.How did
sales drop so low with surge for it to get
discontinued after being successful for years.

Doug

David J.
11-17-2006, 10:33 PM
Surge was never a success, as much as Surge addicts want to beleive. Coke expected too much out of this product in short time -- ganing a lot of market share, coupled with bad advertisment, which led to low sales meant that it went bye-bye.

XLS_04
11-19-2006, 02:01 AM
The problem is I think high caffeine citrus drinks are a dying trend, energy drinks took most of the market.

Mountain Dew is changing their ad's next year to get away from the whole grungy looking loud 90's style commercials because of this. However Mountain Dew will make it since it has been around for many years before the trend even was pushed so much as it was.

RubberDucky
12-03-2006, 05:45 PM
surge wasnt a high caffeine citrus drink. mountain dew, mello yello, & vault have more than surge did

jerr2429
12-03-2006, 06:01 PM
i do not even think vault will make it, mello yello is better. where i live everywhere you go vault is out of date.

fusion
12-03-2006, 07:28 PM
You don't call 51mg/12oz a high caffeine beverage? Mello Yello has 52.8, Mountain Dew has 55.

Surge did really well the first year, that was it. It went downhill very quickly after that.

XLS is correct, Dew (and diet as well) already has a strong core group of consumers. I doubt any drink will get them to switch.

Ram0n C0keah0lic
12-03-2006, 11:29 PM
23 days left to drink my first Vault... tongue.gif

[ 12-04-2006, 12:51 AM: Message edited by: Ramón Cokeaholic ]

RubberDucky
12-04-2006, 12:01 AM
well in louisiana.. all u get of mello yello is 12 packs in few places,, even wal mart dropped mello yello and put vault in its spot.. so now vault has 2 places. vault is everywhere here, even fountains, and i havent seen any expired bottles or cans anywhere..YET cant say the same for mdx smile.gif

iluvsurge220
12-04-2006, 12:45 AM
Yeah, I don't think I have ever seen any Vault around here that has expired. It's just a regional thing, apparently in some areas it sells well and in others it doesnt.

SURGE
12-04-2006, 06:28 PM
I hardly think SURGE's first year was a failure (69 million cases I think). At the time it was only a few spots outside of the top 10. Still it just fell apart after that.

DJ HawaiianShirt
12-05-2006, 12:40 PM
I love just about everyone on this board, so don't take this the wrong way.

But I'm really tired of Surge fans and Mr. Pibb fans whining about their soda's reincarnations.

They're not coming back no matter how much you talk about it. Appreciate that your beverages have been somewhat remade.

One of my fave sodas was Pepsi Holiday Spice. It was canned permanently, even without future versions. Same thing with Mt Dew Pitch Black: it's gone. But you don't see me talking about it nonstop.

Sorry to lay it down so bluntly, but I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels this way.