PDA

View Full Version : Coke w/Lime...is not here.

teamtitan512
02-19-2005, 02:36 AM
Looks like Central is lagging. Seen a promotional poster for it at a local BP station, just didn't see it. Checked Wal-Mart, Food Lion, Martin's, Sheetz, and that BP. Wasn't this supposed to be out on Monday?

Red Fusion RoX
02-19-2005, 11:45 AM
It's not over here in Utah either. I guess only some places are going to make it, but oh well.. It doesn't sound like the best tasting soda in the world.

fusion
02-19-2005, 05:21 PM
Well, I admit it.. I was wrong again.

Coke's pushed up the launch of the brand, in all packages. Fridgepacks showed up in our warehouse yesterday, though we can't sell them until next week. 2 liters will be showing up in the next 4-5 days, to be sold starting the week after.

The lime taste is stronger than what I remembered when I had the advance samples.

Shatter
02-19-2005, 09:48 PM
We got them in my store a few days ago. It's okay, but not all that outstanding.

Markito
02-20-2005, 11:31 AM
I bought several "Coke with Lime" 20 oz. bottles at my local Target store in Saint Paul, Minnesota.

RunWithDaLilGuy
02-20-2005, 10:25 PM
nothin special
gone in a wink

BottleBoss
02-21-2005, 11:59 AM
I have bought it at several gas stations in Frederick, Maryland for a week now.

Markito
02-21-2005, 12:51 PM
Yeah, I could barely taste a difference from regular Coke. It is stronger in the Diet Coke w/ Lime. I think that since they eventually reduced the lemon strength in the Diet w/ Lemon because people thought it was too lemonny, they probably overreacted and did too little in the "Coke with Lime". A real shame.

EnergyKing
02-23-2005, 12:56 AM
It was okay. I think the Diet version tastes better though.

Red Fusion RoX
02-23-2005, 04:58 PM
I guess I was wrong, there is now Coke w/ Lime here. I didn't really like the taste but that's mostly due to the fact that I don't like Coke to begin with. I did taste better than the diet one though.

Shatter
02-23-2005, 09:57 PM
My store usually introduces new sodas at 50¢ each, and I went to 7-11 and got a few coupons that give me 30¢ off, which gets tripled at the register. The registers tend to freeze when they have to deal with negative numbers. :D

teamtitan512
02-24-2005, 12:55 AM
Wow. Wish we had that here. Wal-Mart here in Cumberland got it today, as did Sheetz. I was up in Garrett County and found it at the Foodland in Grantsville. Didn't see it cheaper than $1.08 plus tax in the coolers, so I passed for now.

CCE was better at product release down in Frederick than Central again up here in the western 3 counties. What a shock..LOL.

mjb1124
02-24-2005, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by Markito:
Yeah, I could barely taste a difference from regular Coke. It is stronger in the Diet Coke w/ Lime. I think that since they eventually reduced the lemon strength in the Diet w/ Lemon because people thought it was too lemonny, they probably overreacted and did too little in the "Coke with Lime". A real shame. Were we both drinking the same soda? Because I personally had a hard time telling it apart from Diet Coke with Lime, not from Coca-Cola Classic. I guess there's some discrepancies with the formula from bottler to bottler?