PDA

View Full Version : New Cola Flavors - what is coming out?

NewColaLover
02-21-2005, 09:06 AM
Are Coke, Pepsi, Dr. Pepper, etc. planning any new flavors this year?

So far I have heard about:

Pepsi with lime
Diet Pepsi with lime
Mountain Dew Electrocution
Coke with Coffee flavor
Sprite Remix Aruba (Orange flavored)

Does anyone know what other flavors are expected this year?

Red Fusion RoX
02-21-2005, 10:36 AM
I think that's about it. There's not going to be much new, and Mtn Dew Electrocution is ONLY going to be in the East Coast in select places. I think this year is going to suck as far as new drinks.

fusion
02-21-2005, 10:07 PM
Diet Coke with Splenda

reformulated Pepsi One

Maybe some sort of Propel-like water from Powerade/Coke.. and/or a energy/sports combo drink.

Maybe a new citrus from Coke.. Vault is the name that is being tossed around a lot.

A low calorie or calorie free Coke Classic-based drink.

Tropicana Twister 1% juice-added sodas, to replace the Slice line.

Fresca line extension(s).

Something new from the Pepsi/Lipton partnership. I've already noticed the new labels on the 16oz glass bottles.

As far as packaging, expect to see a lot more small PET bottle offerings.. 12 ounce, especially. Coke, Pepsi and CSAB are all getting into them.

[ 02-21-2005, 10:09 PM: Message edited by: fusion ]

ecliptic
02-21-2005, 11:52 PM
reformulated Pepsi One

A low calorie or calorie free Coke Classic-based drink.
What? Where did you hear that?

Maybe a new citrus from Coke.. Vault is the name that is being tossed around a lot.I hear its Surge with a new lable.

[ 02-21-2005, 11:54 PM: Message edited by: ecliptic ]

XLS_04
02-22-2005, 01:20 AM
seems there are quite a bit of new drinks comming out this year. I am looking forward to tasting the Splenda version Diet Coke and trying Pepsi with Lime.

However why is the new Mountain Dew drink only going to be in a few select states? Vault does not seem like something that I would try though.

Coke is still trying to make another new low calorie Coke even though Coke C2 is not doing too well?

This Coke with Coffee flavor is still being
mentioned? I don't think there will be a big market for it. People will make a big deal about it because it is different but that is about it, then after awhile it won't sell well anymore. Any idea what this stuff will be called? Will it even have the Coke name on it?

Red Fusion RoX
02-22-2005, 10:53 PM
The Coke Coffee Flavor will be called Coca-Cola Blak (yes it's spelled like that). I think you are right though, not a huge market for coffee cola as was demonstrated with Pepsi Kona. I think there will be experimenters who try it at first, but it won't sell a whole ton.

cph
02-23-2005, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by Red Fusion RoX:
The Coke Coffee Flavor will be called Coca-Cola Blak (yes it's spelled like that). I think you are right though, not a huge market for coffee cola as was demonstrated with Pepsi Kona. I think there will be experimenters who try it at first, but it won't sell a whole ton. About 10 years ago, I remember reading, right here on Bevnet, about various bottled mixtures of coffee and cola (Java Cola, Mocha Cola, etc.)

I tried mixing coffee and coke in a glass; it was difficult to keep the coffee taste from overpowering the coke taste....

mjb1124
02-24-2005, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by fusion:
[QB] Diet Coke with Splenda

A low calorie or calorie free Coke Classic-based drink.Diet Coke with Splenda *is* the new low-calorie Coke drink.

Tropicana Twister 1% juice-added sodas, to replace the Slice line.

Fresca line extension(s).Are these for real? They sound interesting. Why only 1% juice though?

Robot
02-24-2005, 10:02 AM
i have a hard time believing that they'll put electrocution out on the east coast only... why would they develop an entire new flavor extension for a MAJOR brand only to release it to 1/3 of the country?? they wont.

the idea of fresca extensions has me excited, these could be deliciouso!!

disappointed they wont be doing a coca-cola low-cal version with splenda.. instead of just redoing diet coke with splenda..

woulda loved to have two diet cokes, diet coke regular and coke zero.

PhillySteve
02-24-2005, 10:59 AM
I'm also excited about a Fresca flavor, it just depends which they choose. Another grapefruit soda, Squirt, has a berry version which I don't like at all. While I was in Canada this past summer they had an orange version of C-Plus Wink which was so good that I still end up mixing Sunkist into Fresca now and then. I also hope they think about doing a pink grapefruit version. I think Fresca is a brand in which they need to keep it simple and not go too crazy with new flavors.

teamtitan512
02-24-2005, 06:13 PM
I'm figuring that w/a newfound emphasis and a flavor extension that we may see a major brand promotion for Fresca, as well as a logo change. Modernization hasn't hit Fresca yet, and this time, it just might.

yosemite44
03-09-2005, 10:36 AM
Ok, this is not a cola, but Coke has launched IPSEI in Germany and Holland in 2004 - possible release in the US in 2005?

[ 03-09-2005, 10:36 AM: Message edited by: yosemite44 ]

bigrich
03-09-2005, 11:40 AM
I wish Coca-Cola would release or test market Limca in the United States. It is a regular soft drink that is very close to 50/50 with a bet more lime taste. I by cases of it from Jungle Jims. It is sold in India and some African nations. Fresca extentions would be OK but Fresca is Diet in the US and would not appeal to the majority. If Coke does extend Fresca it will be half *** it just as they did Mello Yello.

[ 03-09-2005, 11:40 AM: Message edited by: bigrich ]

Snapple Sungod
03-09-2005, 03:52 PM
I just found an Indian grocery in Springfield VA that carrys Limka, they also had Dukes, Rim Zim, and Thums up. All in glass. Any info on the others?

longsean
03-17-2005, 02:55 AM
(gets on hands and knees, stares at sky and sweats) please dont F-UP the FRESCA!!!!

ecliptic
03-19-2005, 06:52 AM
I totally want Coke to bring out a coffee flavored cola.

RunWithDaLilGuy
03-19-2005, 10:56 AM
Limca and Thums Up I bought at Jungle Jim's. Both were "eh." I'd just try a bottle and see what you think.

XLS_04
04-18-2005, 12:03 AM
i'm still waiting for Diet Coke with Splenda. If Coke Zero debuts in June I assume Diet Coke with Splenda will be released before then.

DietFan84
04-26-2005, 04:21 PM
Anyone ever notice that Pepsi Edge is made with Splenda? Has it always been this way?

fusion
04-26-2005, 05:18 PM
Yes, it has.. They just didn't put the Splenda logo on it first, from what I remember. Coke also did the same thing with the Dasani Raspberry.. it now has a Splenda logo.

From what I have heard, Diet Coke w/ Splenda should be out next week.

Still no new Dew flavor. No word on any Fresca extensions, either.

I personally think that Coke should extend their partnership with Nestle (they produce Nestea Cool & Nestea under this partnership), and use the Nescafe name for any future coffee beverages.

I have also heard that CSAB is looking into 7Up Plus extensions.. they already use the Plus name with Motts juices.

drpep
04-26-2005, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by fusion:
From what I have heard, Diet Coke w/ Splenda should be out next week.
Already out here in my part of New York.

iluvsurge220
04-26-2005, 10:17 PM
Yeah I believe I saw it at a local convienient store here today in Kentucky. But then again, I also got the Aruba Jam (AKA Tropical) Sprite Remix about a week early too.

yosemite44
05-03-2005, 05:44 AM
Originally posted by yosemite44:
Ok, this is not a cola, but Coke has launched IPSEI in Germany and Holland in 2004 - possible release in the US in 2005? * Raspberry Coke is the first flavoured Coca Cola to debut in New Zealand!
* Coke Blak is being tested in Spain

steveu
05-07-2005, 05:13 PM
Wow, I would be excited to try Rasberry Coke or Coke Blak ... and I hope the new Dew will be in Michigan w/me, too.