PDA

View Full Version : Thanks ZABE!

greg
11-19-2006, 09:24 AM
After reading many posts about "rinsed ice" I finally pm'd Mr. Zabe to get some clarification and exact directions on this Soda phenomenon. How stupid I felt when he said to just fill a glass with ice , fill the glass with water, and then drain the water! LOL. At any rate I found that it DOES make a difference. I was impressed to say the least. Now I can be a teacher and teach someone else this great soda trick.
Greg

Mr Zabe
11-19-2006, 09:44 AM
Thanks Greg. smile.gif Here is my original Rinsed Ice post. Enjoy

"Here is a basic review of the trick of rinsing ice to maintain soda pop's full carbonation when poured into a cup/glass. As well this rinsing of the ice also removes any residual odors that can change the tasted of the soda pop.

All you need to do is load up your glass with ice. Pour cold water and fill the glass, as soon as it is filled, rinse out the water. Place your fingers over the top of the glass and tip the glass to clear the water out of the glass.

The ice remaining now has been primed for your soda pleasure. How does this work, you may ask. The surface tension of the ice is what makes poured soda pop fizz up. By reducing the surface tension (rinsing the ice) the poured soda pop will for the most part not fizz up. You get a stronger carbonation and no soda pop is wasted.

As for the odor of the ice. That's hard to prove other than it sounds scientific. LOL

Just tilt you glass and pour your soda pop over the rinsed ice. The rest is oh so good."

[ 11-19-2006, 08:45 AM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]