PDA

View Full Version : Mountain Dew Baja Blast

Red Fusion RoX
02-22-2005, 10:57 PM
Just tried some of this stuff at Taco Bell (it's only sold there). It doesn't taste a whole ton like regular Mountain Dew, but seems to be a ripoff of dnL. It tasted almost exactly like dnL. I can really see why they decided not to bottle it or can it. Not that it was bad, but to me it tasted like dnL with a new label.

fusion
02-23-2005, 12:38 AM
You say that like it's a bad thing. I actually liked dnL.

I also liked Storm. Sierra Mist is just mediocre.

Red Fusion RoX
02-23-2005, 03:53 PM
I never said it like it was a bad thing. dnL is actually my favorite drink next to Red Fusion and I have a couple 12 packs of dnL in my pantry. I usually go to any Albertsons I happen to be driving past and clean out the shelves. I was merely stating that Baja Blast didn't taste original.

teamtitan512
02-23-2005, 11:57 PM
I think I'll have to write a song "Requiem to dnL". I liked it too, but to me, Baja Blast doesn't taste anything like it. dnL was much better IMO. I'll also have to dig up a bottle to savor that taste one last time.

Red Fusion RoX
03-07-2005, 06:17 PM
Yeah, dnL was a hugeriffick drink. I can still buy it in some Alberson stores in my area in 12 packs and I have 1.5 12 packs in my pantry, but I know it will run out eventually. 2003 was definitely one of the best years for soda:
dnL
Red Fusion
Mountain Dew Livewire

ecliptic
03-08-2005, 02:21 PM
Tasted more like Surge than DnL to me.