PDA

View Full Version : New Wild Cherry Pepsi

Sea bass
02-23-2005, 03:03 PM
How is this "new" wild cherry Pepsi? Can't get in Canada. I've seen a few adds on Directv. Is it a stronger flavor?

tooniverse
03-05-2005, 06:06 PM
IT SUCKS! I HATE the new Cherry Pepsi. They completely ruined it. It is LESS strong, the "bite" it used to have is gone, and it tastes more sugary and sweet and generic tasting. I can't buy it anymore. They destroyed Cherry Pepsi!

the saint
03-06-2005, 01:52 PM
Please tell us what you really think.

tooniverse
03-06-2005, 02:02 PM
That is what I really think and I find it very surprising nobody else is upset about this. If they change Cherry Pepsi it's perfectly O.K. but if they changed Pepsi, all hell would break loose.

the saint
03-06-2005, 08:24 PM
We all know what would happen if Pepsi changed their formula. Happened once before to their competition in the mid 80's. But then again it would suit a few on here fine as to everything Pepsi does it must be copied from Coke.

ecliptic
03-07-2005, 08:15 AM
I didn't notice that much of a difference.

halloaaryn
03-07-2005, 04:40 PM
I dont know what YOU were drinking but it has more bite than ever. It also is LESS sugary and far from generic.

Are you sure you were drinking the right thing?

Originally posted by tooniverse:
IT SUCKS! I HATE the new Cherry Pepsi. They completely ruined it. It is LESS strong, the "bite" it used to have is gone, and it tastes more sugary and sweet and generic tasting. I can't buy it anymore. They destroyed Cherry Pepsi!

Android
03-07-2005, 11:33 PM
I like the new formula OK. I drink mostly the diet, and does taste a bit different, definately more of a cherry tang to it.

andy

Sea bass
03-08-2005, 12:14 AM
the saint
Please tell us what you really think. :D :D :D :D :D

ScottyLibido
03-08-2005, 09:27 PM
Sea bass: we are getting it in the summer in Canada

tooniverse
03-09-2005, 11:54 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by halloaaryn:
[QB] I dont know what YOU were drinking but it has more bite than ever. It also is LESS sugary and far from generic.

I'm gonna have to go ahead and disagree with you there. I guess since you're a Pepsi Fan you think they can do no wrong. But all I can tell you is it is more mild now. Before it had an "exciting" "spicy" taste but now it has a boring, mild taste.
And the artificial cherry taste is over-the-top now,
it drowns out the cola flavor and all you mostly taste is the sweet syrupy taste of the cherry. Whereas, before it just added a spike of flavor to the cola.

bigrich
03-09-2005, 12:30 PM
I finally tried new Wild Cherry Pepsi and I find it so bland. It is definately not an improvement. I was hoping for something better maybe like Cherry RC. I will not drink this bland drink again.

teamtitan512
03-10-2005, 02:06 AM
The new Cherry Pepsi is bland and tastes like regular Pepsi to me here.

Of course, the original wasn't that great either. I was warming up to it though.

tooniverse
03-10-2005, 02:52 AM
The new Wild Cherry Pepsi is as bland as Jay Leno's monologue.
I will stick with Cherry Coke for my cherry fix.

gregmech26
03-11-2005, 12:54 AM
I didn't like the new cherry pepsi. Cherry coke, in my opinion, has a much more well-defined flavor.