PDA

View Full Version : soda similarities to Mr. Pibb

jack1988
11-20-2006, 09:42 PM
Hey guys. I'm new to this board, and I just have to say that it is awesome. I've been looking for this kind of thing for a long time. Anyway, on to my question: Is there ANY brand of soda in this country that tastes EXACTLY like Mr. Pibb? Whether it be store brand, or something else. Keep in mind, I am looking for sodas similar to ORIGINAL Mr. Pibb, NOT Pibb Xtra. Please help me. Thanks. Could you mix any sodas to get the same taste as well? Thanks!

[ 11-20-2006, 09:42 PM: Message edited by: jack1988 ]

jmyjunk
11-21-2006, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by jack1988:
Is there ANY brand of soda in this country that tastes EXACTLY like Mr. Pibb? Welcome to the board!

Simple answer: NO, no knock off of Mr. Pibb is going to taste exactly like Mr. Pibb. Similar, perhaps, but your question is like saying can I find a cola that taste exaxtly like Coke. Not going to happen. Mr. Pibb is a brand that has trade secrets. Perhaps the question should of been posed as such. Is there a soda that taste almost like Mr. Pibb. To which I would say again, not really, but there could be.

Mr Zabe
11-21-2006, 12:27 PM
Welcome to the board. smile.gif
Jmyjunk hit the nail on the head.

DJ HawaiianShirt
11-21-2006, 12:41 PM
Welcome, jack, and this is a great question you've asked! I'm always happy to see a Pibb fan.

But yet, I'll echo the above posters' comments. The best bet you have is to start mixing other sodas to see how close you can get to what the original Pibb tasted like. (good luck)

jack1988
11-21-2006, 02:11 PM
Thanks guys. I wish they'd bring Pibb back. Pib Xtra is terrible..