PDA

View Full Version : Genuine Hank's premium

rackitup
11-21-2006, 02:15 AM
I went to Cost Plus World Market today looking for Boylan's assorted 12 pack.

They had 4 pack's of Cola, Gingerale, and some diet flavors. They had Orange, and cherry only as single's, I asked, they will not sell the Orange in 4 packs, the single bottle price is .30 cents more a bottle.
I have never heard of a retailer stocking a product and selling some flavors one way and not both ways on all flavors.

Anyhow I found a new (to me)Premium Soda by Hanks in an asorted 12 pack.

Has any one heard of this brand before?
It is from PA.

[ 11-21-2006, 01:17 AM: Message edited by: rackitup ]

kc2037
11-21-2006, 02:18 AM
Yes. Hank's Root Beer, Black Cherry, and Vanilla Cream sodas are all top notch. They are also cheaper than most gourmet brands out there (I'm pretty sure this is because they use HFCS instead of Sugar)

[ 11-21-2006, 01:19 AM: Message edited by: kc2037 ]

reset man
11-21-2006, 06:30 AM
Hank's is a very good brand. They've recently switched to an upscale bottle/package and are now using cane sugar as a sweetener. Their vanilla cream is one of the best cream sodas I've had!!

reset man
11-21-2006, 06:35 AM
A link to their site below. They haven't updated their site with the new packaging yet. The highland berry, fruit punch and citrus have been discontiued. I wish they would bring the highland berry back. It had a nice berry & cream flavor!!
http://www.hanks-rootbeer.com/

rackitup
11-21-2006, 08:45 AM
Originally posted by reset man:
Hank's is a very good brand. They've recently switched to an upscale bottle/package and are now using cane sugar as a sweetener. Their vanilla cream is one of the best cream sodas I've had!! I just read the Bev Net review from over 5 years ago, verry impressive.

Thanks to Cost Plus World Markets I was able to purchase this rare delight in Portland Orgon, LOL

The product I purchased was in the Bottles on the web site.

I look forward to the Cane Sugar version's.

iowacity
11-22-2006, 06:58 PM
I just saw Hank's yesterday at Target. They only had diet (ick) Root Beer and Orange Cream. I didn't feel like orange, so I didn't buy one. I had an Archer Farms Ginger Beer instead. It was good.

Dr. dnL
12-07-2006, 12:46 PM
I tried Hank's for the first time last week. I got the Black Cherry (HFCS sweetened). I thought it had a bad aftertaste. I much prefer IBC Black Cherry.

I got a 4 pack so I'm giving it another chance very soon.