PDA

View Full Version : New sodas coming to Canada

ScottyLibido
03-04-2005, 10:26 AM
I was talking to my Pepsi rep yesterday and he told me they are finally allowed to add caffeine to their products.

They will launch Caffeinated Mountain Dew and Diet Mountain Dew in the next month or two. They will also be putting out Wild Cherry Pepsi for the summer ONLY.

Just a heads up for you guys.

jmyjunk
03-04-2005, 12:42 PM
Just so I get this straight, Mountain Dew in Canada does not have caffeine? Ever?

Kyle101
03-04-2005, 12:52 PM
man, that's weird

Shatter
03-04-2005, 01:58 PM
Most countries have stronger laws against food additives than America does. Canada has, in the past, made it illegal to add caffeine to a drink, unless the natural ingredients contain caffeine anyway. Cola has a little caffeine by nature, so the soda companies can add more, to raise it's caffeine content to the same level as American colas. Citrus doesn't have caffeine, so it's illegal to pump a citrus drink full of it.

Did you know that Surge is still made in Sweden (as far as I know)? It doesn't have that bizarre day-glo green color the US version had. It's got a very light murky brownish-green color. It's the ingredient's natural coloring. They apparently don't allow too much artificial coloring in their foods there.

drpep
03-04-2005, 07:50 PM
Isn't it called Urge in Sweden?