PDA

View Full Version : Newer Vault News

VaultFan1
11-22-2006, 07:36 PM
i know a guy that works for coke and he says if red blitz sells good.. coke is releasing Vault:Sun Storm an orange vault.. in 2008. i hope red blitz does good cause i would rather an orange than berry vault. but atleast sun storm aint really copying live wire.

Look In The Tunk
11-22-2006, 08:29 PM
I see you're ****ting up this board too now.

Tons O' Fun
11-26-2006, 02:11 PM
Are you really that pathetic that you need to create somebody to tell you something about an orange flavored vault in 2008. do us all a favor and quit being a useless waste of space and actually talk about drinks that are not "thought" to come out in 2008.

iluvsurge220
11-28-2006, 05:52 PM
What you said VAULTFAN1 doesn't make any sense. Even if this is true, you said I guess is that "I hope red blitz does good cause I would rather have an orange than berry vault." That doesn't make any sense.

Dr. dnL
11-29-2006, 11:27 AM
I think he's saying that he hopes Red Blitz does well because, if it does, they will make the next flavor extension, which is reported to be orange. Which he would prefer the orange flavor to the berry.

I think that's what he's saying.

;)

CStoreCatMan
11-29-2006, 01:06 PM
Hmm...Vault Citrus...followed by Vault Red Blitz...then an orange Vault? This sounds hauntingly familiar...

Mtn Dew
Mtn Dew Code Red
Mtn Dew Live Wire

Hmmm...

Mr Zabe
11-29-2006, 01:19 PM
In the words of Gomer Pyle.....
"Surprise,Surprise" :D tongue.gif :D

Good observation CSCM smile.gif

iluvsurge220
11-29-2006, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by Dr. dnL:
I think he's saying that he hopes Red Blitz does well because, if it does, they will make the next flavor extension, which is reported to be orange. Which he would prefer the orange flavor to the berry.

I think that's what he's saying.

;) Ok well that makes more sense. Thanks for clearing that up for me!!

iluvsurge220
11-29-2006, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by CStoreCatMan:
Hmm...Vault Citrus...followed by Vault Red Blitz...then an orange Vault? This sounds hauntingly familiar...

Mtn Dew
Mtn Dew Code Red
Mtn Dew Live Wire

Hmmm... Yeah that seems to be how the soda industry works. If one group produces something that sells well, their opposing group is gonna produce their version of the same thing. You gotta give Coke credit though for doing this. Mtn Dew and their extensions have all been great sellers, so if pepsi can make money off these flavors, then why wouldn't Coke give these flavors a try for themselves?

greg
11-29-2006, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by CStoreCatMan:

Mtn Dew
Mtn Dew Code Red
Mtn Dew Live Wire

Hmmm... I was thinking the exact same thing!!! I guess you could "Grape or Pitch Black" to the bottom of that list. Then we would really know Coke has stopped innovating and are just "Me Too" drink marketers.

greg
11-29-2006, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by iluvsurge220:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by CStoreCatMan:

Mtn Dew
Mtn Dew Code Red
Mtn Dew Live Wire

Hmmm... Yeah that seems to be how the soda industry works. If one group produces something that sells well, their opposing group is gonna produce their version of the same thing. You gotta give Coke credit though for doing this. Mtn Dew and their extensions have all been great sellers, so if pepsi can make money off these flavors, then why wouldn't Coke give these flavors a try for themselves? </font>[/QUOTE]How about we give Coke credit when they actually come up with a drink that can compete with Mtn Dew instead of a drink that just solidifies Mtn Dews position as the #1 citrus drink.( think about it)

CStoreCatMan
11-29-2006, 05:44 PM
Nice post! AND OUCH!

[ 11-29-2006, 05:48 PM: Message edited by: CStoreCatMan ]

Ram0n C0keah0lic
11-29-2006, 06:07 PM
27 days left to drink my first bottle of Vault... tongue.gif

iluvsurge220
11-29-2006, 07:09 PM
You make a good point greg. I don't think Coke is ever going to come up with anything that can compete at a high level with Mountain Dew, unless Vault somehow grows infinitely which, though I love it, I can't see happening anytime soon. At least Coke is trying though. I would love to see Coke be able to compete with Dew even if it means "copying" Pepsi's ideas. I'm just giving them credit for not giving up. How many things have they tried? I'm only 19 years old so I don't know much from the 80's or before, but I know that Coke has tried Surge, Mello Yello, Citra, and now Vault, and none of them have taken much away from Mountain Dew. Coke could have been like: We have tried so many things and nothing can compete with Vault, so we are just gonna realize that it is what it is and move on and try to create something else, but they aren't doing that.

Mr Zabe
11-29-2006, 07:31 PM
IMO the problem is that Coke can not recreate the wheel. Coke has tried to capture some of MD's market share by chasing it own tail.

Coke needs to take a step back a do some serious R&R and market testing; to create it's own Godzilla of a soda pop, that will blow away the mass market soda pop catagory.

[ 11-29-2006, 07:33 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

RubberDucky
11-29-2006, 10:06 PM
i hope vault does good, competing with mountain dew.. it will be hard, for a while. cokes had problems competing with mountain dew and pepsi had problems with competing with sprite... but pepsi is doin good with sierra mist by making it on top 10.. maybe it will happened with coke and vault. but if vault fails. and they come out with another md competetor and it fails too.. and by then there will be a big fanbase behind bringing back surge, that coke might possibly have to bring surge back.

SURGE
12-05-2006, 04:27 PM
I have to dissagree with most of what I'm reading above. Its not a quality issue, Coke can make a straight Dew knockoff and sell it cheaper- but that will not displace Dew. Only years of carefull marketing combined with a non-horibble product will make a dent. Think of it this way; no cola could miraculiously displace Coke or Pepsi out of the blue even if it was cane sugar in glass and sold for 20% less. VAULT is a good start its share looks good so far and is based off of the period when VAULT was still absent from most machines, fountains and even cases and 12ers. They just need to focus on it and consistent growth. Its not impossible but its hard and a one year mega-launch followed by little support will be the way Coke loses again- if they make that mistake again.

Ram0n C0keah0lic
12-05-2006, 06:21 PM
21 days left to drink my first Vault... :D

Mr Zabe
12-05-2006, 09:44 PM
My two cents. It's nearly impossible to copy or improve a clear A list soda pop that the masses so love and enjoy. The key is to INOVATE, not copy with a few tweaks a cutting edge soda pop.

Vault IMO is too simular (not really but perception is greater than reality) to MD. Vault will never be a MD nor compete with MD.

Coca Cola needs to not tweak/close copy a brand. Coca Cola needs to reinvent the cap,the bottle, the marketing program and most of all a soda pop that is unique unto it's own. A real taste bud grabber.

[ 12-05-2006, 09:46 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

Blue Efficacy
12-06-2006, 05:23 AM
Originally posted by greg:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by CStoreCatMan:

Mtn Dew
Mtn Dew Code Red
Mtn Dew Live Wire

Hmmm... I was thinking the exact same thing!!! I guess you could "Grape or Pitch Black" to the bottom of that list. Then we would really know Coke has stopped innovating and are just "Me Too" drink marketers. </font>[/QUOTE]Coke and Pepsi both copy each other.

I would say Pepsi is worse.
Cherry Coke -&gt; Wild Cherry Pepsi
Vanilla Coke -&gt; Pepsi Vanilla

Those are only the two MAJOR examples.

Mr Nethead
12-10-2006, 12:00 PM
Pepsi Jazz wasn't exactly an original idea.

Pepsi has always been way more derivative than Coke. If Coke does do an orange Vault, then I would say it definitely looks like they're copying Pepsi. But hey, it's silly to criticize Coke for something Pepsi does too.

Ya know what I mean?

Ram0n C0keah0lic
12-10-2006, 02:09 PM
16 days left to drink my 1st. bottle of Vault...

rackitup
12-10-2006, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by Ramón Cokeaholic:
16 days left to drink my 1st. bottle of Vault... Wow what a coincidence,,,,,,,,,,sorta,,,,,,,,,,,,
I bought my 1st Bottle of Vault 16 days ago,,,,,,
and have yet to try it,LOL

Ram0n C0keah0lic
12-10-2006, 02:57 PM
LOL :D

hightyto
12-11-2006, 06:57 PM
well not be a big Vault hater, but i just love MD so much more. I actauly liek Vault alot, and when Red Blitz comes out me and one of my friends (the founder of "BRING BACK THE DEW") are going to try a few bottles of it, then start buying mass amounts of code red.(i know two people cant make a difference really at all, but it is something)

iluvsurge220
12-12-2006, 10:57 AM
Thats pretty cool. I know that one person can't do much, but I have stopped drinking Mountain Dew since Vault came out. Every now and then I might get a Livewire, but I probably won't drink regular Mountain Dew for a long time unless there is nothing else simply to show that I am a loyal Vault fan. I'm not gonna spend my money on their competition.

iluvsurge220
12-12-2006, 10:58 AM
There isn't anything wrong with mountain dew. In fact I think it is a decent drink and I can see why so many people like it. Personally, I just like Vault better.

Dr. dnL
12-12-2006, 12:45 PM
I too prefer Mountain Dew, but recently I've been digging Vault Zero. There's room for both, I think.

I've also been digging Mello Yello lately. That's just a good drink. I might even prefer it to Vault.

So, in conclusion:

1.Mountain Dew
2.Mello Yello
3.Vault
4.Sun Drop