PDA

View Full Version : Pepsi use sugar?

mattgs0
03-09-2005, 04:11 PM
I notices on Pepsi products it lists High Fructose Corn Syrup and/or Sugar in the ingredient list. Does this mean both or what?

I know here in the Southeast Coke lists only HFCS and does not mention sugar.

Down with CORN SYRUP! :D

Android
03-09-2005, 09:09 PM
Pepsi sells concentrate to their bottlers, not a finished syrup the way that Coke does. That gives the bottlers the option to use which sweetener they desire. However I don't think any of them use real sugar in the US anymore. But they have the option.

Actually, now that you mention it, wasn't there a post here a while back saying that new labelling laws were going into effect that would require the bottlers to state exactly what they use for sweeteners??

-andy

bigrich
03-09-2005, 09:55 PM
That is the new law. If it is not already in effect it will be soon. Most likely they are being allowed to use packaging they have already ordered or own. The last Pepsi Bottler to use cane sugar (RIP) was A.D. Huesing Bottling Works. I drove by the abandant relic last summer, I should have taken some pictures for memories. I can't believe they stopped the bottles being at one time they had three glass Pepsi bottling lines in the Quad Cities.

Damon
03-10-2005, 10:05 AM
My friend is starting his own private line of 12 ounce soda drinks using real sugar. Rootbeer, CreamSoda, LemonLime, the works!!!

drpep
03-10-2005, 11:29 AM
Great :mad: is he going plugging up the General Discussion section now with his crap spam?