PDA

View Full Version : The new Pepsi One

mjb1124
03-09-2005, 11:02 PM
I've heard that it's out...anyone try it yet?

chrisok
03-11-2005, 09:38 AM
I have. It isn't very sweet tasting, but there's almost no aftertaste. It's not too bad.

XLS_04
03-12-2005, 04:04 AM
did they improve the graphics? because the ones I remember were ugly color choices.

Acheron
03-13-2005, 12:02 PM
The new graphics are much better, and feature a black and silver theme. Imagine the offspring of the old Pepsi One graphics with a Mt Dew Pitch Black sort of feel.

ecliptic
03-13-2005, 11:25 PM
I got 2-liters of it. Very sweet and alot of splenda after taste. I hoep this isn't the correct formula. It shouldn't be so damn sweet.

ColaFan
03-14-2005, 12:51 AM
And your positive it's the new one with Splanda and not the old one with Aspartame/Ace K?

What city are you in?

ColaFan
03-16-2005, 12:47 AM
It's here in Sacramento in cans. Better tasting than the original. Little more sweet and more flavorfull. Two thumbs up!

ecliptic
03-16-2005, 04:14 AM
Yup positive. Xenia Ohio here.

NewColaLover
03-18-2005, 10:45 AM
I thought the old Pepsi One had a strong "salty" taste (I tried it when it firt came out). Does this new blend taste alot different?

NRGChick
03-18-2005, 10:58 AM
I haven't tried or even seen the new pepsi 1. I know one thing I'd probably like it. Regular (not diet) soda's are to syrupy sweet for me. I prefer artificial sweetener taste.

ecliptic
03-19-2005, 06:46 AM
With the original Pepsi One, I couldn't drink more than a half a 2-liter before I got sick of it. I've been drinking the new Pepsi One alot now. I just wish it was less sweet.

Mello Yello Luver
03-21-2005, 12:44 PM
ewww that stuff is NASTY!

XLS_04
03-22-2005, 06:06 PM
finally seen the new graphics, excellent job compared to the older graphics. however the new version is not available here so I have not tried it yet.

Robot
03-23-2005, 01:13 PM
am drinking a new splenda pepsi one right now, it tastes good.. dont have an old pepsi one to compare to, but it seems to taste alot like regular pepsi... and not that much like a diet cola.

mjb1124
03-24-2005, 05:40 PM
I always thought the original Pepsi One, while good, tasted more like RC than Pepsi.

bochawa
03-24-2005, 07:31 PM
I've tried the new Pepsi One. As a long-time Pepsi-One drinker, I am very disappointed. The new Pepsi-One has a strong Splenda aftertaste, and the great RC-like cola taste is gone. My local supermarket has the new formula in 24-ounce bottles, but still has the original formula in 12-can fridge packs.

I'll be looking for a new regular beverage, sweetened with Aspartame and/or Acesulfame Potassium. The Splenda sweetened drinks just don't do it for me. (I've tried Coca-Cola C2 and Pepsi Edge)

JMHX316
03-26-2005, 09:48 PM
I'm quite pleased with the new One. It does it's advertised job, it tastes more like a regular cola. Wish they had it in fountains!

Pepsi 1 Girl
03-29-2005, 09:09 PM
Ahhhhhhh, the new Pepsi 1. This is right up there with the "New Coke" debacle of the 80's, in my humble opinion. Pepsi 1 has provided me with my caffeine fix since I first tried it in 1998. Not any more. This stuff is nasty.

drpep
03-29-2005, 10:26 PM
I like it. Except for a slight aftertaste I did not find much difference.

NRGChick
03-30-2005, 04:31 PM
Ok I just got a chance to try this stuff, and I really don't think it has much flavor impact at all. It's along the lines of sweetened carbonated water. I get the aftertaste, and such of the splenda, but no "real" cola taste. Not that of traditional pepsi. Can't decide if I like it or not! :confused:

Mello Yello Luver
03-30-2005, 06:54 PM
I hope it is better than the first. I remember when Pepsi One first came out, they were giving out free samples at the Halloween Parade here in York PA. Every one who tried it took one sip of it and threw it out. Didn't try the second one yet but it can't be worse! ;)

ColaFan
03-31-2005, 12:55 AM
I gotta say. This product really grows on you. At first I liked it... but now I am hooked. I drank a regular diet Pepsi ( my former dink of choice) and said actually said "yeech". It seemed to have no flavor and just bland. Went to the fridge, cracked open another Pepsi One and "aahhhhh... good stuff"

Just my 2cents ---

mjb1124
04-11-2005, 10:53 PM
I finally got around to trying this today. It tastes very much like Pepsi Edge. It's tough for me to say which formula I like better. The new formula is close enough to Pepsi to satisfy my cravings for said product, and I also feel safer drinking something sweetened with Splenda rather than aspartame. But at the same time, I thought the original Pepsi One had a very distinctive flavor that I liked a lot, and it didn't have as much of an aftertaste.

Robot
04-12-2005, 03:03 AM
the new pepsi one is MAGNIFIQUE!

tastes ALOT like regular pepsi, delicious.. i cant drink a diet pepsi after drinking this..

i still love my diet coke, but pepsi one will be right there with it...

cant wait for coke zero!

Android
04-12-2005, 05:32 AM
I also think the new Pepsi One is an improvement over the old. Not bad at all. I still like Pepsi Edge and Diet Pepsi a little be better over it though.

andy

NewColaLover
04-21-2005, 12:33 AM
I think that Pepsi One has a wierd salty taste to it. I would much rather drink Diet Pepsi and Pepsi Edge.

Wm. Schumacher
05-09-2005, 03:14 PM
I was a dedicated Pepsi One drinker for nearly six years. The new stuff tastes like old saccharin TAB to me. It's too sickly sweet, and I think that if you were a habitual Pepsi One drinker, the new stuff isn't an improvement. If you didn't drink it regularly, you'll typically like it more than I do. When I contacted customer service at Pepsi, they informed me that the new Pepsi One was formulated "in response to people who wanted a soda sweetened with Splenda"...Why ruin the old in hopes that it will attract new drinkers? Why not make a new soda?

sungodv
05-11-2005, 11:47 PM
I agree with Wm Schumacher....the new Pepsi One SUCKS! I drank my first tonight and wondered what the f*ck happened. I looked at the can: Great New Taste!......BS! One look at the ingredients...SPLENDA! This begs the question, is Pepsi & Splenda owned by the same company?? Hmmmm.....?
I am a long time drinker (> 6 Yrs.) but, no more....it no longer tastes like a real cola....IT NOW TASTES LIKE A FREAKIN DIET Pepsi COLA, ala 1970.. man, didn't anyone learn from the "New Coke" mistake? If they wanted to attract new drinkers, they should have just invented a new drink because they have now lost me. I knew Pepsi One wasn't a big seller but, I loved it. It really did taste like a regular cola. I will just have to start buying more Diet A&W root beer and Fresca. Hell, I may stop buying diet Mountain Dew just to boycott Pepsi! I hope they are listening and this back fires big time on them resulting in the return of the old recipe.
C'mon Coke, make a low calorie drink like Pepsi One (with Aspartame - not Splenda) that tastes like a real sugared cola and you will have me as a loyal customer! Hello Coke ZEro

[ 05-12-2005, 10:38 PM: Message edited by: sungodv ]

Robot
05-12-2005, 12:03 AM
hmm.. thats weird..

pepsi one tastes alot more like a regular cola (specifically regular pepsi) than pepsi one/diet pepsi previously did..

however, i did really like the previous pepsi one as I got accustomed to the aspartame aftertaste and actually enjoyed it.

PepsiBlue
05-12-2005, 01:07 AM
Pepsi One is good
but hey Coke Zero may be better

ryaxnb
05-14-2005, 04:39 PM
* Great Packaging
* Nice flavor - a little watery
* Not terribly different from cream soda, except it's rougher-tasting
* No aftertaste in many cases
It's pretty good. I think Pepsi Edge's 13g of sugar (per 8 oz) show and make it better if you can handle the sugar, though.

pepsidew
05-15-2005, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by Wm. Schumacher:
I was a dedicated Pepsi One drinker for nearly six years. The new stuff tastes like old saccharin TAB to me. It's too sickly sweet, and I think that if you were a habitual Pepsi One drinker, the new stuff isn't an improvement. If you didn't drink it regularly, you'll typically like it more than I do. When I contacted customer service at Pepsi, they informed me that the new Pepsi One was formulated "in response to people who wanted a soda sweetened with Splenda"...Why ruin the old in hopes that it will attract new drinkers? Why not make a new soda? pepsi one is tanking before the new packaging came out...that doesn't mean it tastes better...they are pushing it hard around here with $1 off coupons on 12pks. its just my guess that it was either redo it or get rid of it

XLS_04
05-16-2005, 12:48 AM
Coke Zero will taste close to C2, there will be NO splenda in Coke zero.

sungodv
05-18-2005, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by sungodv:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Jimmy O'Sullivan:
hmm.. thats weird..

pepsi one tastes alot more like a regular cola (specifically regular pepsi) than pepsi one/diet pepsi previously did..

however, i did really like the previous pepsi one as I got accustomed to the aspartame aftertaste and actually enjoyed it. </font>[/QUOTE]I wholeheartedly disagree....the old Pepsi One tasted just like a Coca Cola....it was freakin amazing...........

DrPepper86
05-21-2005, 07:12 PM
It taste pretty good to me!!!! smile.gif

Robot
05-21-2005, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by sungodv:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by sungodv:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Jimmy O'Sullivan:
hmm.. thats weird..

however, i did really like the previous pepsi one as I got accustomed to the aspartame aftertaste and actually enjoyed it. </font>[/QUOTE]I wholeheartedly disagree....the old Pepsi One tasted just like a Coca Cola....it was freakin amazing........... </font>[/QUOTE]the old pepsi one tastes just like Coca cola???

never heard anyone ever say that, it tastes alot like pepsi, but not coke in my opinion.. i have coke here and the old pepsi one so i can even taste them, but... pepsi one never reminded me at all of coke, and its based on the pepsi formula, so, dont see how anyone could confuse it with a coca-cola copy or similarity.

mjb1124
05-22-2005, 03:49 PM
It tasted kind of like RC to me. Which isn't a bad thing.