PDA

View Full Version : What ever became of good Canadian soft drinks?

sodasommelier
04-17-1999, 03:52 AM
Golden Cockerel Ginger Beer, Canada Dry Rooti, Green Lime Crush, Pic-A-Pop Diet Red Cream Soda, Snow White Cream Soda/ Soda Mousse, Vitality Ginger Ale,... what happened to these wonderful drinks in glass bottles? Nowadays all you see in the way of soda coming from Canada is junk like Jones. I'd gladly trade a case of Jones for just a 300ml glass bottle of Green Lime Crush. That stuff was something else!

------------------
Always remember... Don't follow the can drinkers to the chicken bone recycling bin!

JT
04-17-1999, 10:16 AM
Have you ever tried Seaman's Sodas? I just tried them recently and they are awesome! What do you think?

sodasommelier
04-17-1999, 06:41 PM
I haven't tasted Seaman's but I know it's a really good company, been on Prince Edward Island for decades. They once sent me a package of bottle caps for my collection.

Usually people like that make good stuff...!

------------------
Always remember... Don't follow the can drinkers to the chicken bone recycling bin!

jamesbump
10-21-2003, 08:55 PM
Old English Inn Golden Cockerel Ginger Beer
It was one of my favorites so was the Tahitian Treat they were made in Canada By the Canada Dry co. I phoned them and they said the product was discontinued due to lack of purchase. But it is still being produced and Sold in Quebec Canada but I have not been able to find a way to purchase it yet as they will only sell to Dealers

XLS_03
10-21-2003, 10:21 PM
Snow White Cream Soda??? was that a non movie related beverage? Pic-A-Pop? I can see why some of these beverages did not last.

You say you miss them now but I bet at the time people thought they were generics or something and never bought them.

teamtitan512
10-23-2003, 08:10 PM
How did the Canadian Tahitian Treat differ from US Tahitian Treat?

There's still a few places in the US you can buy Tahitian Treat, you can get it in Chicago from CCE, Cleveland from Cleveland-ABARTA Coke, Buffalo from Buffalo-ABARTA Coke, and a little bit in Pittsburgh, from American Bottling, although it is rarely seen. For Tahitian Treat in the US, try areas where Coke has a Canada Dry franchise, and places where Pepsi is still doing Hawaiian Punch, where third-tier might choose to do Tahitian Treat then.

Boris
10-23-2003, 08:20 PM
Shibby Soda is still around and half based in Quebec.

SURGE
10-23-2003, 10:45 PM
Canada and good in the same sentence?!!??!

Nah I'm just kiddin they are good people and damn good hockey players......now if they could just learn how to pronounce "about"! ;)

fusion
10-24-2003, 08:06 PM
Canada Dry Delaware Valley has both Tahitian Treat and Hawaiian Punch. They have multiples of a few other flavors as well.

Hacksaw
10-24-2003, 09:50 PM
Yep, life's not the same without Fanta Spruce Beer! tongue.gif

I never did try it.

Canada Dry is lagging in product line compared to the late 1960's around here.

sodasommelier
10-25-2003, 01:43 PM
Hey Surge!!! But if they change their pronunciation of "about", then how will Canadian poets be able to rhyme against "Das Boot"????

All of the brands' demises are due to the centralization and mergers. I would gladly take almost all of them on if given the opportunity; after all, someone's trash is always someone else's treasure. I know what's in the treasure chest but can only access a small percentage of what's inside so far ...

RunWithDaLilGuy
10-26-2003, 01:11 PM
well SS, godspeed my friend. i think we all here wish you could get them all...

sodasommelier
10-26-2003, 03:06 PM
Thanks man! smile.gif If I ever get any of those drinks somehow... I'll do my best to make them available wherever possible and in glass bottles of course smile.gif

SURGE
10-28-2003, 01:24 PM
Hey Danny! Hopefully you will be able to get all that Canadian goodness.....someday!