PDA

View Full Version : Nehi Blue Cream Soda

FitzgeraldHead
04-18-1999, 10:02 PM
I have'nt had Nehi Blue Cream Soda in 8 years! I want to know if it is still around. If so, is it sold in the Atlanta Metro Area? I miss it's exellent taste!!!!! I have tons of friends who want to try it too!!!

Sodalover
05-29-2001, 12:38 PM
I am iron man!!

dr pepperman
05-29-2001, 08:05 PM
Would Jumbo Blue Cream Soda be the same type drink?

------------------
PEPPER UP AT 10,2 and 4.
I am not affiliated with any beverage company!!!
Frosty Man, Frosty.

FitzgeraldHead
06-03-2001, 11:54 AM
I've never had Jumbo, only Frosty and Nehi. Well, even though Frosty tastes great, it's a different flavor than Nehi. If I ever see Jumbo around, i will try it and get back to you.

FitzgeraldHead
06-06-2001, 01:00 AM
Well, the great thing about Blue Nehi is that it doesn't taste like cream soda, and is an outstanding and unique flavor. By the way, you made quite an explosive start here on the bevboard!

boodoo
06-06-2001, 10:05 AM
I once tried to obtain the distribution rights for Nehi products in the DFW area. My contact at DPSU told me that they would not authorize anyone for Nehi in markets where it would compete with Sunkist (their main flavor brand).

I know some distributors from outside the area and they still do well with most Nehi flavors. I would have it today if I did'nt have to pay the cost of a middle man supplier.

Cheer-wined
11-30-2003, 11:45 PM
Thought I would bring this up to the top, can anyone verify if nehi blue is still being sold in the Atlanta area (details, please) or anywhere near I-85 in SC or GA?

teamtitan512
12-01-2003, 12:02 AM
Basically Nehi's dead, because where Pepsi has Sunkist, third tier has Crush, meaning Nehi falls to the third wheel. Only place I can even think of that Nehi is available is some areas of NC, and in LA where Coke does it instead of their own thing.

Shatter
12-01-2003, 01:11 AM
How about Frostie Blue Cream Soda? It's still available.

Cheer-wined
12-01-2003, 11:49 AM
Haven't tried the Frostie yet, only root beer and grape. The root beer was good but the grape stunk. I'll give their blue stuff a try.
I used to get Nehi blue cream soda at myrtle beach when i was a kid, would love to find a bottle of that stuff.

Terry K
12-01-2003, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by teamtitan512:
Basically Nehi's dead, because where Pepsi has Sunkist, third tier has Crush, meaning Nehi falls to the third wheel. Only place I can even think of that Nehi is available is some areas of NC, and in LA where Coke does it instead of their own thing. Actually, Nehi is sold in Missouri *in tandem* with Sunkist.

In Springfield, MO, its not uncommon to find Nehi Peach sold in third tier with Sunkist.

You will find in Arkansas, Nehi *and* Sunkist from the same bottler.

Chefdavis
12-02-2003, 04:08 AM
Sorry no where near Atlanta, but...

Blue Nehi is sold in Tyler TX and Temple TX

Cheer-wined
12-02-2003, 11:03 AM
Our 3rd tier, Independent Bev., does all three - Sunkist, Crush and Nehi. However they do vary the packaging; sunkist/nehi in bottles, crush/sunkist in cans and 20oz., sunkist only in 2L. still no blue tho :(

[ 12-02-2003, 11:05 AM: Message edited by: Cheer-wined ]

FitzgeraldHead
12-02-2003, 05:08 PM
I've never seen Blue Nehi on I-85 or in Atlanta any time recently, but I have seen Nehi on various places between here and Virginia.

golee1
12-02-2003, 06:28 PM
Here Dr Pepper handles Sunkist and Blue Ridge Beverage handles Nehi (grape and Grape, maybe peach or Strawberry?) No Blue though.

teamtitan512
12-02-2003, 07:30 PM
Golee, I've been in Staunton looking at drinks many times, and never seen any Nehi there. Who does carry it? I know Kroger, Wal-Mart do not, as does not Food Lion over in Waynesboro, or the Kmart and Kroger there.

The last time I saw Nehi was around 2001 in Pittsburgh before RC was combined into ABC, and then all the rare stuff was dropped that I used to see there, like Upper 10, Nehi, and others.

fusion
12-02-2003, 09:03 PM
I saw Nehi in the Northern Neck area of Virginia, at a discount store in Warsaw. There also used to be a company called something like RC Nehi of Delaware, but I think they went out of business, because their stuff isn't carried in the Delaware Food Lions anymore.

drpep
12-02-2003, 09:39 PM
Anyone know if West Penn Nehi Bottling Company is still around? I bought some of their 2 liters in Sandy Lake, Pa in 2001.

golee1
12-02-2003, 10:40 PM
http://www.sharon-herald.com/localnews/recentnews/0309/ln091703h.html

golee1
12-02-2003, 10:43 PM
I know Jiffee Mart in Staunton has Nehi. Possible old product? I have no idea how to read the codes. It's both inside and in the machine (grape and orange cans)

golee1
12-02-2003, 10:52 PM
BTW I drink the Orange regularly. It doesn't taste particularly old.

teamtitan512
12-03-2003, 10:19 PM
West Penn RC/Nehi is the company I was referring to in Pittsburgh. They're gone, RC was sold off to ABC who handled 7Up in Pittsburgh. West Penn did Sun Drop which is now done by ABC.

sodasommelier
12-06-2003, 09:46 PM
The closest thing I have had recently to Nehi Blue Cream is Moxie Blue Cream soda. I would really like to get Nehi Blue Cream in glass. The Real-Soda distributors have a variety of blue creams like Frostie, Moxie, and Jack Black's. As for Nehi the only ones in glass I have seen are orange, grape, and peach; all excellent and available along with the abovelisted blue creams. There is a place called the soda king which has a way of shipping bottles of all of this stuff; other than that in the Western States you can often find it (not the Nehi blue though) at special supermarkets; the types that have huge soda sections with all sorts of genuine old tyme drinks in glass bottles. If you ever see a section like that, look through it well or ask the manager for exactly what you are looking for; it may be available and you never realized it!!

Cheer-wined
12-07-2003, 07:01 PM
I checked with a couple of Nehi bottlers in western NC and in GA but no blue being made there. So far looks like Texas is the only current market. The search continues...

[ 12-07-2003, 07:01 PM: Message edited by: Cheer-wined ]

Shatter
12-08-2003, 02:59 AM
I went through Temple, TX earlier this year, and I couldn't find Nehi anywhere. I thought it would be easy to find, being that it's where they bottle Nehi products, but I didn't find squat.

Less than two years ago, I bought a Blue Nehi in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. In a generic 'splash' bottle from Coke. Unless something's happened there recently, they should still have it.

FitzgeraldHead
12-12-2003, 01:12 AM
It's been awhile, but I called a Texaco gas station in Temple, TX, and they said they had Wild Red Nehi AND Blue Nehi, but that has been a couple of years. I thought someone reported it in LaFayette, LA awhile ago too. I also remember one person on the board saying that Greneville, SC had it downtown. I went up there recently and looked all over the Greneville-Spartanburg area and came up dry. The last time I came across Blue Nehi was about 2 and a half years ago in a BP gas station in Euphala, AL. I don't have a clue about the whereabouts of Blue Nehi now though. I assume Texas still carries it somewhere.

chrisok
12-14-2003, 07:36 PM
I found Nehi Blue Cream in Oklahoma City today. I used to see it a lot some time back, but this is the first time I'd seen it here in a while.

Cheer-wined
12-15-2003, 09:59 PM
any info on the bottler/canner?

RunWithDaLilGuy
12-16-2003, 11:43 AM
or the store?!

chrisok
12-16-2003, 11:17 PM
The company was Full Service Bottling Company of Oklahoma City. They are the 7up/RC Bottlers here.

It was in some dumpy Conoco convenience store in South Oklahoma City. I used to see it everywhere in 7-11's all over Oklahoma City. They do a good job with the "third tier" bottlers here. They get an inordinate amount of shelf space here because for some reason the Coke Bottler and 7-11 do not get along well in Oklahoma City. Therefore, the Coca Cola lineup in these stores is very basic. (Coke, Diet Coke, Dr. Pepper, Sprite & Remix. That's about it. Also, new products from Coke are very slow making into 7-11's. Remix, V Coke, and Red Fusion didn't hit their shelves for almost two months after they were released to every other store.

Cheer-wined
12-17-2003, 03:30 PM
does anyone know if the same bottler from OKC produced the stuff found in Texas?

the saint
12-18-2003, 09:49 AM
OKC 7up doesnt produce here they ship it all in from elsewhere. the actual name is All American Bottling. I can post contact info if anyone wants it.

Hacksaw
12-20-2003, 07:38 PM
I've not seen Nehi Blue Cream in about 15 years. I've been in San Jose for 11 years. Frostie & Henry Weinhard's are top notch creams. I'm now hesitant to try that new Dead Red Cream, what with all those XTC like extra ingredients that often turn my stomach.

FitzgeraldHead
12-21-2003, 09:49 PM
I found Peach Nehi in plastic 20 oz, and Grape, Orange, and Peach Nehi in glass in Franklin, NC a couple days ago.

Cheer-wined
12-27-2003, 12:11 PM
Scott's Iconium - Osceola, Missouri (http://www.scottsiconiumstore.com/peachfloat.htm)

The person I spoke to at Scott's said they carry Nehi Blue in the spring/summer but don't have it in stock now. Only in pla-stink.

[ 12-27-2003, 12:14 PM: Message edited by: Cheer-wined ]

710 flash
11-27-2008, 06:01 PM
:Hello..Looking for Nehi Blue Cream Soda..You can order it in plastic bottles or cans from Paragould Bottling Company..7up Bottling Paragould,AR..I.LOST THE PHONE # but I know you can locate it at switchboard.com

Drink ON..:):):)