PDA

View Full Version : Vault - flavor extentions?

Techne
03-25-2006, 07:40 PM
So I was taking a look at my 20oz. Vault, kind of like reading the side of a cereal box, and I noticed for the first time that on the lower-right hand side of the logo, it says 'Citrus'. Seeing as how Vault is Coke's answer to Mountain Dew, d'you suppose they're planning to roll out with flavor extensions √* la Pepsi? Maybe we'll see a Vault Pitch Black in about half a year :shudder:.

pepsidew
03-25-2006, 08:18 PM
i'd say if it takes off all over the country you will see some flavors.

mjb1124
03-25-2006, 08:29 PM
Let's see how well regular Vault does before we start talking flavor extensions. smile.gif

BATBL18
03-25-2006, 08:48 PM
Yeah Coca-Cola designed that label so they can use other flavors in the future. It does not mean they will however. It all depends on how well Vault and Vault Zero sell. Now that will take at least a couple years, so I doubt you will see an extension before then. If the Vault brand is established and a top 6 brand for them I'm sure they would come out with flavor extensions like Mountain Dew.

DJ HawaiianShirt
03-25-2006, 11:34 PM
A "Code Red" Vault might come about, but I can't imagine much more than that.

DJHS

XLS_04
03-26-2006, 02:19 AM
too many people think Mountain Dew and Sprite are related so they did not want people to think Vault and Sprite were the same type of drink.

karks88
03-26-2006, 10:41 PM
SURGE fans may remember that it also had "Citrus Flavored Soda" on the label. There's been no word on whether there will be brand extensions, but hey ya never know ;)

iluvsurge220
03-27-2006, 05:36 PM
I think Vault flavor extensions would be nice later in the future. If they make them I hope they go national unlike Mello Yello Cherry, Melon, and Afterglow. :(

SURGE
03-29-2006, 03:42 AM
Give it time- if VAULT makes it for a few years I'm sure they will emmerge. Still I'm willing to bet that Coke moves slow and steady with VAULT instead the way they handled SURGE and the MY re-intro.

someguytyping
04-06-2006, 08:07 PM
I think that's what people expect , but I don't think it will happen , atleast not anytime soon. does anyone know why vault is considered an energy soda ? besides the fact that it has sugar and caffeine ? I think it will be replacing mello yello on store shelves in my area, in about a month it will be in fridge pack and 2 liter bottles. mello yello hasn't been coming into any of my accounts for a few weeks now.

SURGE
04-07-2006, 02:55 AM
Yeah MY is DOA or weeks away according to most of my contacts at bottlers with the exception of some south eastern terriroties.

The energy designation is quite debatable- VAULT has no herbal extracts and the like- but it does feature near the legal limit of caffine (nearly 2x Dew or SURGE) and for that reason alone its a pretty solid value. We may not all agree with the way the soda is being pitched- but thats why its an energy soda which is a term that Coke pretty much made up with VAULT (MDX claims to be part of the same fanatasy catergory though it is more of a real e-drink). The key to VAULT is that it has the caffine of a Jolt or BAWLs ect without the high price. Whether this strategy works or not remains to be seen.

I'm assuming that you are from a non-test area of Michigan- the Kalamazoo, Battle Creek, and Grand Rapids areas have had VAULT 2L and 12 packs for months. But yes other areas will seem them soon. Check fo fountain come later summerish.

All in all I think its safe to say that you wont be getting any more MY for your accounts.

wonkapete
04-21-2006, 10:42 AM
I found a 1 liter Vault while in Atlanta last week. We don't get 1 liters at home.. and I'm sure not all of you do either. So, here ya go:

http://static.flickr.com/53/132388222_821055f8f1.jpg?v=0

Ram0n C0keah0lic
04-21-2006, 10:51 AM
Great Pic Pete! smile.gif

IMO... Vault more than an extension of flavors... needs an extension of TERRITORY...

VAULT IN MEXICO PLEASE!!!!! I WANT TO TRY IT!!!

[ 04-21-2006, 10:52 AM: Message edited by: Ramón Cokeaholic ]

Mr Zabe
04-21-2006, 11:02 AM
Pete,
We had one liters here in Illinois and Wisconsin for a while. They do have a nice feel to them. There not many of them for sale so from a collector's stand point, they might be worth collecting?

wonkapete
04-21-2006, 11:13 AM
Zabe, yea, I collect them. Like I said before, we don't have them here. So, when I go out of state, I pick them up, both in Coke and Pepsi products.

iluvsurge220
04-21-2006, 11:47 AM
They have 1-liters everywhere around here. There were probably 1000 of them at Wal-Mart about a month or two ago.

Tons O' Fun
04-23-2006, 11:10 AM
I dont think they are going the path of mountain dew. If they make flavor extentions they problably will make a Vault but with coke. They will " Tune up" the flavor and ingrediants of coke and make coke taste like a soda but kick like an energy drink.

Doug
04-24-2006, 12:37 AM
M Dew went forever without flavor extensions-50+ years or so?

iluvsurge220
04-24-2006, 02:34 AM
Yeah that is true but who was first to come out with flavor extensions? Was it coke or pepsi? I think that Code Red may have came out just before Cherry and Melon Mello Yello were tested out, but I can't remember exactly. Maybe pepsi wouldn't have ever made flavor extensions for mountain dew, but they probably felt pressure from coke. Either coke already had the flavor extensions for mello yello or pepsi knew that coke would be coming out with something so they had to do something for themselves.