PDA

View Full Version : Bad Soda Experiences

AzRocks
03-25-2006, 09:38 PM
I was with my friends today and one of them was drinking a cup of Diet Pepsi and I was drinking Coke. I accidently picked up the DP and started to drink it. Wow. I had not tasted anything so bad in my life. I dont know if it was b/c i hadent had diet soda in a really long time or it was b.c i wasnt expecting it...

Has anyone had a bad experience with soda??

Techne
03-25-2006, 09:45 PM
I was drinking a glass of Coke Zero at dinner and accidentally picked up my nephew's milk. Dear lord, my mouth almost felt like it was cramping up because of how disgusting it was. I love all dairy, but when you're prepared for a completely different taste, it can be rather upsetting.

Mr Zabe
03-25-2006, 10:06 PM
I once was watching a video with some friends,I recall it was the first Airplane movie. Do you remember when everyone was lined up to hit that crying kid. I was drinking a can of orange crush with a straw. When I saw the Nun take a shot at that kid, I lost it.

I ended up blowing orange crush out of my nose and on to my lap. LOL Needless to say it took me some therapy and a nostril scrub to get over that bad memory. LOL

popologist
03-26-2006, 12:16 AM
any diet soda is gonna taste bad next to a regular one.

i've noticed that the more i drink coke zero, the better it tastes to me... probably just because i'm used to it. and... after awhile, our mind probably psychologically tries to block out any aftertaste.

but... i had some blackberries the other day, and then had some zero after and... it tasted bad... because of the acid leftover from the blackberries or something.

Originally posted by AzRocks:
I was with my friends today and one of them was drinking a cup of Diet Pepsi and I was drinking Coke. I accidently picked up the DP and started to drink it. Wow. I had not tasted anything so bad in my life. I dont know if it was b/c i hadent had diet soda in a really long time or it was b.c i wasnt expecting it...

Has anyone had a bad experience with soda??

DJ HawaiianShirt
03-26-2006, 12:30 AM
Wow Az, Diet Pepsi is a pretty bad one to pick up, too. Unless your part of the "Diet Fundamentalists"(prhase coined from Acheron).

DJHS

Ram0n C0keah0lic
03-26-2006, 04:21 AM
A long time ago (around 1998), I drank a 600 ml bottle Pepsi (yes... you readed right... Pepsi), Pepsi has a lot of carbonation here, I gave it a drink, but I haven't separate my mouth of the bottle, the bubbles started to get intense, my cheeks started to blow up, a lot of Pepsi came out of my nose... and I almost choke with all the excess of Pepsi and bubbles in my throat.

Another bad experience, I visited in 2002 a great Coca-Cola store that was located around the river of San Antonio, I think that the name of that store was Texacola, I bought a lot of stuff! and part of this stuff was THE CONTOUR CAN:

http://www.beverage-digest.com/images/contcan.JPG

The salesman put me all the stuff in bags and I paid...

Later in my hotel room, I saw all the Coke stuff I've bought, but I noticed that one thing was missing... yes, the contour can... The salesman forgot to put it in the bag and the worst thing is that I paid for it, because appeared in my ticket... I asked my family to return to the store but unfortunately we couldn't because we had to return to Mexico... two years later when I returned to San Antonio in 2004, I went to the Coke store around the river to see if I could still claim my contour can... when I arrived... no store anymore... I asked in an ice cream parlor that was next door and the salesman told me that they closed the store and now they're selling on Internet... A really sad story, I've never seen that contour can anymore... :(

[ 03-26-2006, 02:42 AM: Message edited by: Ramón Coca-Colero ]

Mr Zabe
03-26-2006, 04:26 AM
MrR
You win some and you loose some.
Winning feels damn good and loosing feels like crap. But in the end we get our just deserts, in you case a beautiful Coke contour can. :cool:

[ 03-26-2006, 02:26 AM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

Dewman1979
03-26-2006, 04:42 AM
Originally posted by Mr Zabe:
I once was watching a video with some friends,I recall it was the first Airplane movie. Do you remember when everyone was lined up to hit that crying kid. I was drinking a can of orange crush with a straw. When I saw the Nun take a shot at that kid, I lost it.

I ended up blowing orange crush out of my nose and on to my lap. LOL Needless to say it took me some therapy and a nostril scrub to get over that bad memory. LOL it wasn't a kid, it was a hysterical women...the one who kept going..."My husband never..."

the saint
03-26-2006, 01:34 PM
I bought a can of Dr Pepper out of a vending machine once on a hot August day. Without hesitating I popped the top and took a big swig and spit Hawaiian Punch all over my friend that was standing next to me. I like HP and all but I wasn't expecting it to be in a Dr Pepper can. My friend had on a white concert T-shirt, Ozzy I think, that needless to say was ruined by the HP.

Rob The SURGE Drinker
03-26-2006, 02:33 PM
was that hawiian punch in a dr pepper can or in a hawiian punch can?

the saint
03-26-2006, 03:08 PM
HP was in a Dr Pepper can.

Mr Zabe
03-26-2006, 03:13 PM
Gee,now that is cause for sudden HP friendly soda pop spray bombs. I'm surprised you did not go into complete shock shut down. LMAO

Rob The SURGE Drinker
03-26-2006, 03:47 PM
i have never seen a case where there was a totaly different soda in a dr pepper can... i wonder what they were doing at that bottler?

JordanE
03-26-2006, 03:59 PM
Warning -Gross!

Back in '02 I was drinking a SURGE while watching a football game and doing dishes (bad idea). I was getting way to cought up in the game that wasn't really paying much attinon to the dishes as I was doing them. Without looking I reached for my glass of SURGE and took a drink, olny it wasn't the SURGE that I took a drink out of. It was durty glass full of gross looking water and little floating peaces of food.I instantly though up all over the dishes.

That was definitaly the worst soda experience i've ever had in my life.

Mr Zabe
03-26-2006, 04:08 PM
Thank you for retarding any desire I previously had for lunch. LOL

The Mole (UK)
03-26-2006, 04:50 PM
My local Subway is always running out of Orange Fanta. Its nasty when you take a sip and its just soda water.

If it happens again im going to complain to head office.

xJABBERWOCKx
03-26-2006, 06:33 PM
Yeah, it's pretty gross when it comes out all or mostly soda water. It tastes like soap when you're not expecting it. To be fair though, having worked in food service, it's impossible to tell when the soda's about to run out, and in the case of Sprite or other clear sodas, you can't tell until someone complains about it. Hopefully they're nice.

Mr Zabe
03-26-2006, 06:46 PM
LOL
My biggest pet peeve amongst the many that I have; is when the fast food/restaurant dose not do the routine maintenance on the fountain. If I see the fountain has dirty build up on the white nozzles, I will just stick with water.

I agree I hate it when the syrup runs out and the drink taste 40% like it should. I usually complain or get a substitute. The burger king near me is a repeat offender. I always end up complaining. LOL

[ 03-26-2006, 04:47 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

DJ HawaiianShirt
03-26-2006, 06:50 PM
I think JordanE takes the cake here.

DJHS

JordanE
03-26-2006, 08:37 PM
LOL, I'm honored.

the saint
03-26-2006, 09:18 PM
I know he has me beat! at least mine was another soda, not dirty dish water.

wonkapete
03-31-2006, 12:24 AM
I work in software engineering and we are known for drinking a lot of soda and cluttered offices. My coworker always had tons of coke cans on his desk. One day, I was in his office and he was moving some books around and picked up his coke and took a gulp, then spit it all over the floor. It was an old coke, not his newer one. It actally had mold growing in it. It was hilarious. From then on, he kept his office cleaner.

Mr Zabe
03-31-2006, 12:48 AM
LOL
How loud were you laughing? LMAO

Working at the developer/construction office moons ago,I used to help people with minor PC problems. One morning I got a call from a gal who said she spilled something on her key board.

Well, she had dumped a full large cup of McDonald's orange juice right on her key board. LOL Orange juice can NOT be cleaned up enough to reuse the key board. This gal made me take apart her key board and try to clean it. I ended up ordering her a new key board. LOL

01GTB
03-31-2006, 02:47 AM
In my younger days I used to dip Copenhagen and always had a "spit cup." I think you know where this is going!

iluvsurge220
03-31-2006, 06:39 PM
About 4 or 5 years ago when they had quit making surge I had a bad experience. I was coming home from school one day and I was thirsty so I asked my mom to stop at the gas station near our home. I went to the fountain and they had Surge!! What a suprize!! So I got some and noticed very little or no carbonation but I didn't know any better. I got home and drank it and it tasted terrible. I guess I was getting the syrup and all the sugar or whatever at the bottom of the bag in the fountain or whatever it was in. Lets just say I had a bad experience in the bathroom the next couple of days. :(

Ram0n C0keah0lic
04-01-2006, 12:13 AM
Ouch! I guess that after you had a sip of Surge, you had a sip of Pepto...right?

The same happened to me... when I was a kid, me and my family were invited along with another families to a private park here in Ags. called J.M. Romo, I bought a fountain Coke there, but that Coke, like your Surge, had more syrup and sugar than bubbles... after I drank it, I felt really dizzy... I stopped drinking fountain Coke... for awhile :D

[ 03-31-2006, 10:37 PM: Message edited by: Ramón Coca-Colero ]

PepsiBlue
04-01-2006, 12:54 AM
A few weeks ago I pressed Pepsi Vanilla on the vending machine, and a regular 20oz pepsi came out :(
and the other day in 711 u saw they still had Vanilla COke stick on their fountain, nothing but seltzer, and today its now diet cherry vanilla dr pepper

Ram0n C0keah0lic
04-01-2006, 01:12 AM
Ohhh... that's the same that happened to me one day at Costco... only mineral water...

Mr Zabe
04-01-2006, 01:44 AM
LOL
Until you have blown soda pop out your nose, your all light weights. (Ok, projectile vomiting also gets high points.LOL)

[ 03-31-2006, 11:45 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]