PDA

View Full Version : moxie is bad

jerr2429
11-23-2006, 09:25 AM
Has anyone ever has moxie? I am sure you have, you guys are like the soda ods. Does anyone agreee with me that moxie starts off good, almost like a cream soda, then has this very very bad taste at the end. I had it in a can is it better in a glass bottle? Also is Ale 8-1 and good? Is there a difference between Nehi orange and any other orange soda?

wonkapete
11-27-2006, 05:45 PM
It's a strange soda indeed. I believe it's a nutmeg taste that follows.

DJ HawaiianShirt
11-28-2006, 12:31 PM
It's definitely bitter, but any true bev fan can learn to appreciate some bitterness as a part of flavor complexity.

Anyway, Moxie even pushes that envelope with its strong flavor and huge bitterness. But in a masochistic way, I manage to enjoy it the longer I sip it. (the key is small sips lol)

Ron Swedelson
11-28-2006, 12:43 PM
I love moxie...well, I really don't like to drink Original Moxie...that Cin. Cola flavor does not go well with me. Their other flavors I do enjoy. Plus, I liked selling them, even though they never sold well. Real convinsing huh? Oh well, I love Moxie anyway...."OHHHHH MOXXXXIEEE!!!!!!!!!!"

greg
11-28-2006, 01:32 PM
I guess enough people like it considering it has been around since 1876 or 1884 depending on how you classify it.