PDA

View Full Version : dnl and red fusion

doulasc
11-23-2006, 11:22 AM
Is dnl completely gone,it sure did not last long
in ohio.Red fusion why did it fail?

DrPepperYummy
11-23-2006, 12:00 PM
to be honest I thought dnl and red fusion were great products but horrible packaging and gimmicks.. if red fusion had a more traditional package look instead of the crazy box that looked like a generic soda trying too hard.. it'd have done very well with support from sales people... just look at the other drpepper line extensions and how well they have done and I don't think they taste nearly as well as red fusion did.. (yeah I know personal choice here)

dnl was just a darn good tasting soda when nothing else was touching this flavor.. the whole upsidedown thing just confused people and they thought it was regular 7up with some promotion.. and some people buying it thinking it was regular 7up stopped drinking 7up cause they thought it was changed.. so they never did a good job reaching consumers at the package and making a distinction with both of them using the core graphics to build off and teach consumers..

flashy only gets you so far...

both did very well in certain stores or areas where consumers made the distinction and I think a lot of that had to do with sampling and being able to educate customers in person and explain it to them... but in places where sampling was light or non-exsistant I think clearly defined packaging would have helped these products to succeed.

(and when i say sampling I don't mean hire the companies with retired 65 year old people who couldn't explain your product to consumers, I mean company employee's active and excited about it.. the 2 stores I had this type of sampling sold it almost daily till they yanked the extension)